Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Cut S.Thomas and Promote Trey Marshall

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos Cut S.Thomas and Promote Trey Marshall

    https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...-shamarko-thom

    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos have promoted rookie safety Trey Marshall to the active roster and waived safety Shamarko Thomas, the team announced Tuesday.

    Marshall, a rookie out of Florida State, was signed by the Broncos as a college free agent after the 2018 NFL Draft. He was a standout defensive back for Florida State, where he started in 24 of the 38 games in which he appeared and recorded 135 tackles, a sack and six passes defensed during his career.

    Marshall competed throughout the offseason and training camp with Denver before being signed to the practice squad after the Broncos’ final roster cuts.

    He recorded nine total tackles and a pass defensed in four preseason games.

    I am confused. I was fairly certain Thomas was playing some halfway decent football for us? I wonder if we think that me might just clear waivers and we can stash him on the PS again....

  • #2
    I don’t think Shamarko Thomas is eligible for the PS. He likely wasn’t in our plans for the future so they’d like to give the young guy a look the next few weeks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      I don’t think Shamarko Thomas is eligible for the PS. He likely wasn’t in our plans for the future so they’d like to give the young guy a look the next few weeks.
      I suppose that makes some sense but he has already been used as depth for us this season so seems odd that we'd cut him when we've had a need for is services and by all accounts played OK.

      Comment


      • #4
        That's what our front office does. Why I don't know. "?"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          I suppose that makes some sense but he has already been used as depth for us this season so seems odd that we'd cut him when we've had a need for is services and by all accounts played OK.
          I think this may be an indicator that the FO has given up on the season and is giving the young guys a look for next year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Trey Marshall better be a really good football player. Shamarko was doing really well on special teams.
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
              I think this may be an indicator that the FO has given up on the season and is giving the young guys a look for next year.
              That may well be the case but if we are "Throwing" the rest of this season then why cut a guy who was playing VERY well for us on Teams and looked OK for us when he was needed? Next year there is a good chance that we might need him...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                That may well be the case but if we are "Throwing" the rest of this season then why cut a guy who was playing VERY well for us on Teams and looked OK for us when he was needed? Next year there is a good chance that we might need him...
                Dysfunctional management would be my guess.

                Comment


                • #9
                  My guess would be that the FO has essentially given up on the season and is looking more towards prepping for next season and the future with the rest of this season. Might also go hand in hand with giving up on this coaching staff. They may be way more concerned with getting younger players experience and evaluating for future at this point then the every day "best chance to win" mentality when you are in the playoff hunt.

                  I personally could see where this would be a very smart decision if you are planning on moving on from some players and/or coaches and want more evaluation/experience time going into FA and the draft.

                  I can only hope this will mean Walker gets playing time.
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    Trey Marshall better be a really good football player. Shamarko was doing really well on special teams.
                    Early in his career at Florida State he was considered a possible first round pick but injuries hindered his college career. He’s a very good athlete so it’ll be interesting to see what he can do

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X