Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pat Bowlen Has Passed Away

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    RIP Pat. Prayers to the Bowlen family. You were the greatest owner in any sport. You set the bar incredibly high for anyone who follows.

    Comment


    • #32
      It's disappointing from the little I've watched the NFL Network (should be changed to the "New England Patriots Network"), that they have little to nothing to say about Pat Bowlen's passing.

      Comment


      • #33
        Rest in peace, Mr. B. The accolades will never be enough to truly encapsulate your greatness...what you meant to this team, this town, and our fans.

        Thank you for all that you did. I'll be looking to shake your hand on that orange cloud up there.

        To infinity...and beyond.

        Comment


        • #34
          There's just SO much to respect about this man. Rest in peace, sir...

          Winter is Coming!

          Comment


          • #35
            It’s a complete shame the NFL messed up and didn’t get him in the hall much sooner. Very depressed he won’t be around for his induction in a month and a half. Though I realize even if he was he probably wouldn’t really understand what it’s for at this point.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
              There's just SO much to respect about this man. Rest in peace, sir...

              MnG! Long time my friend!
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                It’s a complete shame the NFL messed up and didn’t get him in the hall much sooner. Very depressed he won’t be around for his induction in a month and a half. Though I realize even if he was he probably wouldn’t really understand what it’s for at this point.
                Although I don't believe the family would have allowed Pat to attend his induction ceremony, I completely agree that the NFL really screwed up on this, BIG TIME.

                Comment


                • #38

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                    Although I don't believe the family would have allowed Pat to attend his induction ceremony, I completely agree that the NFL really screwed up on this, BIG TIME.
                    Yeah i get that at this stage. But if they had inducted him 7-10 years ago he may have been able to take part.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Adios, Mi Amigo

                      Thanks for so many good memories...
                      [sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Condolences to the Bowlen Family. Broncos fans coast to coast salute Mr. B. The standard of Excellence. R.I.P. Mr. B.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                          It's disappointing from the little I've watched the NFL Network (should be changed to the "New England Patriots Network"), that they have little to nothing to say about Pat Bowlen's passing.
                          Really? They’ve been covering him all morning on Good Morning Football. They put an incredible package together today and gave him a beautiful tribute and played it on a loop for 3 hours about every 10 -15 minutes. They had phone calls from players and other owners, showed Twitter and FB tributes, etc. And they’re going to show all our SB games tonight.

                          Peter Schrager loved Mr. B. and wanted him in the Hall of Fame and was one who felt he should have been in years ago. Last year he made the pitch for him to the voters.

                          Kyle Brandt grew up worshiping Elway and they talked about Elway and Bowlen’s relationship and the strong bond they had. They talked about all he did for the community and for the sport.

                          On the other hand, I saw none of it covered on Sports Center, including NFL Live. On First Take, they didn’t even acknowledge it off the top. Instead they talked about the NBA. I got disgusted and shut it off. They don’t even have the loop at the bottom.

                          EDIT: I just turned on NFLN at 1:00 pm EST and they’re still playing the Tribute package. And they’re interviewing broadcasters, past players and other owners.

                          I hope this makes you feel better.
                          Last edited by broncoslover115; 06-14-2019, 11:45 AM.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Sad day for Broncos Country. He did so much, and I probably wouldn't be a Broncos fan if it wasn't for Pat Bowlen. Thoughts and prayers to the Bowlen family.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              What a great owner and a great man. RIP Mr. B !

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I said this on the other Broncos board, but I wanted to extend it to my friends and rivals here as well.

                                I never respected a rival owner more than Pat Bowlen. From his fur coat swag to his daily operations making the Broncos a perrenial winner for the ages, he was truly one of the greatest owners of all time. It's a shame they waited so long to enshrine him in the Hall of Fame.

                                I remember the respect you all showed when Al Davis passed and I'll never forget that.

                                A toast to Pat Bowlen and my condolences to the Bowlen family and the Broncos organization.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X