No announcement yet.

TE Jake Butt to miss Broncos' final preseason game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 3 ACL tears there's only so much expectation that can be given to him. I think the writing is on the wall. The team may not be playing him in preseason week 4 to avoid an injury that would keep him on the team. I don't think he's going to make the 53.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/t...preseason-game

Sounds like Jake Butt may be done at least for the foreseeable future.
      Sandy Clough is projecting 3 weeks.

He also thinks cutting butt would be a good idea because almost nobody will pick him up therefore he may be available down the road this season if needed.

If cut, I think Belichick would pick him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Sandy Clough is projecting 3 weeks.

He also thinks cutting butt would be a good idea because almost nobody will pick him up therefore he may be available down the road this season if needed.

If cut, I think Belichick would pick him up.
        Details of his medical situation aren't disclosed. ACL is usually a scope job. The biggest part of recovery is patient, disciplined rehab. When it starts getting tested, sometimes the knee swells. Don't know if that has happened. If it does it can be drained and injections can be administered. I'm sure that everything that can be done is being done. His status depends on medical prognosis based on images and physical exam.

There are several guys who may make the roster and then placed on IR: Drew Lock; Andy Janovich; Theo Riddick: and, possibly, Joe Jones and/or Todd Davis. That's a lot of guys. Jake Butt could be added to that list. It would be tricky moving that many guys from roster to IR. We'll see what happens pretty soon.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

There's apparently another procedure Butt is going to have to go through concerning his knee, making his timeline even more questionable
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
            There's apparently another procedure Butt is going to have to go through concerning his knee, making his timeline even more questionable
            They might just go ahead and put him on season long IR now, so the process can begin right away. It will be a test of his patience and will power either way.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
              Butt only just started to practice. IMO - he really had no business playing a long as he did.
              He only played 11 snaps

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                He only played 11 snaps
                right. 5-6 snaps in that game TOPS was enough. Especially after he had that hit. He should have been pulled.

Comment

If I understand correctly, Butt can't be cut because of injury. Maybe we should go get Gates and use him in the red zone. He has certainly been a catch all. Might be a good tutor for Fant as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X