Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Interview WR Denzel Mims

Denzel Mims WR, College Player
    The Athletic's Nicki Jhabvala reports the Broncos had a video call with Baylor WR Denzel Mims.

The No. 15 overall pick is likely too early for Mims (6'3/207) to hear his name called, but there's no denying the Broncos are looking to add another over-the-top threat across from Courtland Sutton on Day 1. Baylor's standout fits that bill as he leveraged his 4.38 40-time to record 29 percent of his career receiving yards (2,925) with the 'go' route in OC Glenn Thomas’ spread offense, becoming the only player in college football to score at least eight receiving touchdowns in each of the last three seasons. Mims remains -154 to be drafted in the first round.
    Related:

Courtland Sutton, Denver Broncos
    Source: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter
    Apr 14, 2020, 10:36 PM ET

Good that Denver is doing their homework. No I would not take this kid #15 but if he slips into the second rd and we don't go WR with our first pick he certainly is worth considering a move up if they like what they see and hear from Mims.

Comment

Apparently he is an outstanding run blocker. For me he is quickly becoming my favorite WR in this draft trade down bottom 1st draft him, and then do your best to snag Reagor later on.
      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Everybody keeps saying that the number 15 pig is too high for Denzel Mims, but let me ask, if Cortland Sutton was on the board tomorrow night with the same production that he had as a pro last season as a Denver bronco, would anybody in their right mind say that the number 15 pack is too high for him?

Denzel Mims is a very similar player to Cortland Sutton, run blocking, route running, catching ability, everything.

I am so sick of these so-called experts saying that the number 15 pick is too high and then all the sheep who don’t do their own research, coming in and just quoting what those guys are saying.

If Mims is John Elways guy, then Elways should NOT run the risk of trading down into later first. He should take his guy while he can get him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Everybody keeps saying that the number 15 pig is too high for Denzel Mims, but let me ask, if Cortland Sutton was on the board tomorrow night with the same production that he had as a pro last season as a Denver bronco, would anybody in their right mind say that the number 15 pack is too high for him?

Denzel Mims is a very similar player to Cortland Sutton, run blocking, route running, catching ability, everything.

I am so sick of these so-called experts saying that the number 15 pick is too high and then all the sheep who don’t do their own research, coming in and just quoting what those guys are saying.

If Mims is John Elways guy, then Elways should NOT run the risk of trading down into later first. He should take his guy while he can get him.
          I agree with your sentiment. So often I see similar comments with “just trade” scenarios. Perhaps it is not so easy to get another team to “just trade” because they have their own strategy for a player in that range, often for the same player.

If it is Mims they want ( or Jefferson, Jones, or any other) and the trade is not there they should make the selection. Same as every round.

By Sunday the draft grades will be hotly discussed and a big part of those grades will be opinions of “overly drafted” players on random ranking lists. Instead of how that player fits for a team.

Can’t screw around. Take the player you like and move on to the next pick.

That is what is going to be so fun to watch. Elway’s picks will reveal a lot of answers to the way certain players or position groups is viewed by the coaches instead of fans and analysts.

Comment

Id be fine with him at 15. Hes a different kind of player than Sutton, but a similar catching radius. He is more of an agility player with better speed than Sutton, but they’re both great at high pointing the ball. Sutton is the more physical player.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

I like Mims a lot. I see your point too. I don't know if he would be there high rd 2 or not. It might make a difference on whether teams like, Higgins, Jefferson, and Ayuik better.

Do you think there would have been criticism of Sutton year 1 if he was taken #15? I ask that because a lot of WR's struggle year 1 and that might be the production you would get from Mims or really any of these guys.

Comment

Working...
              X