X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Why not? Harris is 31, Jeudy is 21. Harris clearly is on the final few years of his carrier and Jeudy is full of spunk and determination. Harris has the knowledge but sometimes....most times the God given abilities shine
    CHJ has gone against expert route runners for years, he is very unlikely to get fooled by a rookie, who still needs time to adjust to the physical play of the NFL in a new playbook. Plus, the way to beat CHJ is pure speed, that's where he struggled a lot. As for God given abilities CHJ has those and then some

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    I agree that Jeudy “should” live up to the hype. But as with all players, not just the young ones, they have to prove it on the field.

Jeudy seems to have the skills and work ethic to be a special player. I am excited to be able to watch the development as a Bronco.

But as I mentioned, his value should not be limited to just his stats. More then likely other WRs taken after him have betters stats. Just the nature of the teams they join and opportunities.

For me the excitement remains the complete overhaul of this offense. From the oline additions of Cush and Glasgow to protect Lock’s throwing pocket. To the TE additions of Albert O and Vannett. To adding Gordon. To adding arguably the best WR from this draft class and one of the best playmaking WRs from the slot in Hamler.

And potentially best of all, hopefully finding the QB prospect worthy of going “all in” with to coordinate all these playmakers.

Jeudy is just one piece of a very exciting puzzle!

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Harris being old and finished is an overblown narrative IMO.

Still a very good player that can use his vet savvy to limit Jeudy all game long. But I am fine if Harris ( or any defensive gameplan) is so focused on stopping Jeudy and allows Sutton or other receivers to excel.

I could care less if Harris is able to lock him up and limit him to one catch. Decent chance that one catch is a big gain or TD. But even at worst it is opening up opportunities all over the field.

Broncos have multiple playmakers. We need to get used to that idea.
    I absolutely love the fact that we have soooo many weapons to utilize on the ground and air and I don't necessarily believe that Harris is finished (at the moment) and washed up but the argument that he will just automatically shut Jeudy down is pre-mature too. We have to see if Jerry will even be good and live up to the hype 1st and foremost but I have to believe he will.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied

Still a very good player that can use his vet savvy to limit Jeudy all game long. But I am fine if Harris ( or any defensive gameplan) is so focused on stopping Jeudy and allows Sutton or other receivers to excel.

I could care less if Harris is able to lock him up and limit him to one catch. Decent chance that one catch is a big gain or TD. But even at worst it is opening up opportunities all over the field.

agree with this entire post.

The match up will be fun to watch...mean while Shurmur will have a lot of other options for Lock to pull the trigger on besides Jeudy.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Why not? Harris is 31, Jeudy is 21. Harris clearly is on the final few years of his carrier and Jeudy is full of spunk and determination. Harris has the knowledge but sometimes....most times the God given abilities shine

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    except juedy is the most polished route runner to come out in years, the dude is gonna make CHJ throw his hands up many times
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    This is highly unlikely
    It will be an interesting match up.

Jeudy's strength is his ability to use his route running to manipulate defenders into getting open. I think CHJr is best able to defend this part of Jeudy's game. What I think Jeudy could use is his speed and quickness to get the better of CHJr. Jeudy does not have the type of speed to do it with speed alone...maybe part of a larger strategy with his moves + speed...

It would be a very interesting match up to watch imo

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    This is highly unlikely

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    except juedy is the most polished route runner to come out in years, the dude is gonna make CHJ throw his hands up many times
    This is highly unlikely

Leave a comment:

• Champ>NFL
    replied
    [QUOTE=arapaho;5892759]except juedy is the most polished route runner to come out in years, the dude is gonna makes CHJ throw his hands up many times[QUOTE]

😐

I like jeudy but chill

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    I agree...I was just nit picking bringing up Calvin Johnson and your point is still valid...but he was compared to Moss.
    All good . I have no doubt that he was compared to Moss back then with his amazing combination of size, speed, and natural talent coming out of GT. Honestly, I wasn’t following the draft in 2007 because I was a child so I can only really speak based off of 13-year-old articles and scouting reports I can manage to find on the internet (lol).

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I completely forgot about Calvin Johnson, but he was definitely as elite of a prospect as they come. I suppose I was thinking more towards this recent decade, and perhaps Julio Jones comes close in terms of being athletically-gifted. Sammy Watkins and Amari Cooper are ones that come to my mind as far-and-away consensus, highly-regarded wide receivers in their respective draft classes— and even they don’t compare anywhere near Randy Moss.
    I agree...I was just nit picking bringing up Calvin Johnson and your point is still valid...but he was compared to Moss.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Also have to consider the QBs and offenses those WRs were dealing with once they were drafted.

In Lee’s case it was JAX and Bortles. That could ruin anyone’s career.

As much as I think Jeudy has the skillset to excel it will ultimately depend on Shurmur’s system and Lock’s ability to get him the ball. I may be confident in both but it still has to be proven in games.
    Which is why the Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley comparisons are a solid baseline. The offense opened up a little more with Tua and their bundle of WRs but Jeudy is a better route runner than Ridley was and probably edges out Cooper there as well. The hands need work just like those two but if he fixes that there’s no reason he can’t top what Cooper has been able to do.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    How about Calvin Johnson?
    I think Megatron was viewed differently because of his size. Megatron weighed 23% more lbs
    and slightly taller according to the combine results it seems they have similar speeds. In fact the 40 were identical.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    I completely forgot about Calvin Johnson, but he was definitely as elite of a prospect as they come. I suppose I was thinking more towards this recent decade, and perhaps Julio Jones comes close in terms of being athletically-gifted. Sammy Watkins and Amari Cooper are ones that come to my mind as far-and-away consensus, highly-regarded wide receivers in their respective draft classes— and even they don’t compare anywhere near Randy Moss.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Marqise Lee was never compared to Randy Moss, I don't think any prospect has been compared to Moss in scouting circles-- ever.

Either way, Lee wasn't as polished as a prospect compared to Jeudy. The hype is real for a reason. Jeudy's route running talents and uncanny ability to create separation makes him one of the best wide receiver prospects to come out of college since Amari Cooper. I will gladly eat my words if I'm wrong and I have no doubt he may initially struggle translating to the pros with this COVID-19 abbreviated offseason, but the natural talent is there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X