Jerry Jeudy signs contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    except juedy is the most polished route runner to come out in years, the dude is gonna make CHJ throw his hands up many times
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    This is highly unlikely
    It will be an interesting match up.

Jeudy's strength is his ability to use his route running to manipulate defenders into getting open. I think CHJr is best able to defend this part of Jeudy's game. What I think Jeudy could use is his speed and quickness to get the better of CHJr. Jeudy does not have the type of speed to do it with speed alone...maybe part of a larger strategy with his moves + speed...

It would be a very interesting match up to watch imo
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      Why not? Harris is 31, Jeudy is 21. Harris clearly is on the final few years of his carrier and Jeudy is full of spunk and determination. Harris has the knowledge but sometimes....most times the God given abilities shine
      Harris being old and finished is an overblown narrative IMO.

Still a very good player that can use his vet savvy to limit Jeudy all game long. But I am fine if Harris ( or any defensive gameplan) is so focused on stopping Jeudy and allows Sutton or other receivers to excel.

I could care less if Harris is able to lock him up and limit him to one catch. Decent chance that one catch is a big gain or TD. But even at worst it is opening up opportunities all over the field.

Broncos have multiple playmakers. We need to get used to that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Still a very good player that can use his vet savvy to limit Jeudy all game long. But I am fine if Harris ( or any defensive gameplan) is so focused on stopping Jeudy and allows Sutton or other receivers to excel.

I could care less if Harris is able to lock him up and limit him to one catch. Decent chance that one catch is a big gain or TD. But even at worst it is opening up opportunities all over the field.

agree with this entire post.

The match up will be fun to watch...mean while Shurmur will have a lot of other options for Lock to pull the trigger on besides Jeudy.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

I absolutely love the fact that we have soooo many weapons to utilize on the ground and air and I don't necessarily believe that Harris is finished (at the moment) and washed up but the argument that he will just automatically shut Jeudy down is pre-mature too. We have to see if Jerry will even be good and live up to the hype 1st and foremost but I have to believe he will.

Comment

I agree that Jeudy “should” live up to the hype. But as with all players, not just the young ones, they have to prove it on the field.

Jeudy seems to have the skills and work ethic to be a special player. I am excited to be able to watch the development as a Bronco.

But as I mentioned, his value should not be limited to just his stats. More then likely other WRs taken after him have betters stats. Just the nature of the teams they join and opportunities.

For me the excitement remains the complete overhaul of this offense. From the oline additions of Cush and Glasgow to protect Lock’s throwing pocket. To the TE additions of Albert O and Vannett. To adding Gordon. To adding arguably the best WR from this draft class and one of the best playmaking WRs from the slot in Hamler.

And potentially best of all, hopefully finding the QB prospect worthy of going “all in” with to coordinate all these playmakers.

Jeudy is just one piece of a very exciting puzzle!

Comment

Why not? Harris is 31, Jeudy is 21. Harris clearly is on the final few years of his carrier and Jeudy is full of spunk and determination. Harris has the knowledge but sometimes....most times the God given abilities shine
              CHJ has gone against expert route runners for years, he is very unlikely to get fooled by a rookie, who still needs time to adjust to the physical play of the NFL in a new playbook. Plus, the way to beat CHJ is pure speed, that's where he struggled a lot. As for God given abilities CHJ has those and then some
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                It will be an interesting match up.

Jeudy's strength is his ability to use his route running to manipulate defenders into getting open. I think CHJr is best able to defend this part of Jeudy's game. What I think Jeudy could use is his speed and quickness to get the better of CHJr. Jeudy does not have the type of speed to do it with speed alone...maybe part of a larger strategy with his moves + speed...

It would be a very interesting match up to watch imo
                Jeudy has the skillset to get the better of CHJ. However, he it won't be a repetitive things. Jeudy has so much to learn, just like any rookie.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Jeudy may not be a superstar in the NFL and there may be better WRs taken after him. Using hindsight in a few years will be easy, but right now which one of those WRs will be better? Because of his unique skill set, which tends to translate well to the pros, I don't see his floor being very low either. I think he has a very low probability to bust and will likely be at least a solid WR and there will be a lot more busts than stars taken after him.

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                  CHJ has gone against expert route runners for years, he is very unlikely to get fooled by a rookie, who still needs time to adjust to the physical play of the NFL in a new playbook. Plus, the way to beat CHJ is pure speed, that's where he struggled a lot. As for God given abilities CHJ has those and then some
                  I agree. Shurmur would probably be wise to try to scheme to have CHJ on KJ.

Comment

CHJ is one of the best corners in the 2000s. He was one of the best last year. Idk where y’all get off down talking CHJ.
                    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                      CHJ is one of the best corners in the 2000s. He was one of the best last year. Idk where y’all get off down talking CHJ.
                      I'm not down on CHJ??! The only dig I made was his age and that is just a reality of life. He will be taking a step back every year he plays from here on out that's just a fact. Imo, I think Jeudy gets the best of him but that's just me. It's not like Jeudy will be catching 20 balls and 200 yard's in a game but it wouldn't surprise me to see him with 7-80+ range per game.

Like others said we have too many weapons for one guy to get all the love but for anyone here to just assume CHJ completely shuts Jerry down I think are fooling themselves. CHJ is in a new system too, he has to learn new schemes too. It's not like Jerry is the only one starting something new here.

Comment

Harris wasn't one of the best last year. His ideal spot is in the slot, and he played something like 90% of his snaps outside last season.

Comment

I'm not down on CHJ??! The only dig I made was his age and that is just a reality of life. He will be taking a step back every year he plays from here on out that's just a fact. Imo, I think Jeudy gets the best of him but that's just me. It's not like Jeudy will be catching 20 balls and 200 yard's in a game but it wouldn't surprise me to see him with 7-80+ range per game.

Like others said we have too many weapons for one guy to get all the love but for anyone here to just assume CHJ completely shuts Jerry down I think are fooling themselves. CHJ is in a new system too, he has to learn new schemes too. It's not like Jerry is the only one starting something new here.
                          Yeah cause it makes more sense to assume an all pro will lose to a rookie instead a bunch of pieces needing to come together on a young offense.

You’re crowning a team that has proven squat
                          -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Yeah cause it makes more sense to assume an all pro will lose to a rookie instead a bunch of pieces needing to come together on a young offense.

You’re crowning a team that has proven squat
                            Im not crowning anything. The argument is the battle between Jeudy and CHJ is it not? Harris's play has fallen off and there is no denying that. Jeudy still has to prove a lot but his strength is his route running ability, and, he is not slow either. He ran a 4.45 at the combine and a flat 4.40 at his pro day. His 10 yard split was 1.56 seconds which tells me his acceleration is elite also. Harris will give him fits for sure but I just can't believe that he'll completely shut Jerry down.

Comment

I agree that it makes more sense to scheme designs with CHJ on KJ Hamler but I think we’ll see Jerry Jeudy in the slot more with CHJ while KJ stretches the field.

I know CHJ seems to be slowing down a bit but Hopefully the stiff competition doesn’t hurt Jeudy’s self esteem in year one!
                              Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-26-2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Im not crowning anything. The argument is the battle between Jeudy and CHJ is it not? Harris's play has fallen off and there is no denying that. Jeudy still has to prove a lot but his strength is his route running ability, and, he is not slow either. He ran a 4.45 at the combine and a flat 4.40 at his pro day. His 10 yard split was 1.56 seconds which tells me his acceleration is elite also. Harris will give him fits for sure but I just can't believe that he'll completely shut Jerry down.
                                Hopefully CHJ has enough class to where he doesn’t decide to go full on Ndomnkung Suh on Jeudy after he’s embarrassed by the youngster!

I love CHJ but he is in the twilight of a HOF career and a young stud like Jeudy just may add the final nail.

Comment

Working...
                                X