X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Na, it’s a part of being a fan. It’s having faith in the team and our right to be excited.

I think some are just too hung up on a certain player while others are far too superstitious!
    Yea different paths for different fans.

Some fans like to think about their team always dominating other teams.

Some fans like theorizing what they think will happen based on their opinion of the players skill sets.

Nothing wrong with either...it is just fun

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Wow, lotta people caping up for the enemy.

I think I like the idea of Jeudy having success against Chris Harris. I won’t object to that kind of optimism.
    Na, it’s a part of being a fan. It’s having faith in the team and our right to be excited.

I think some are just too hung up on a certain player while others are far too superstitious!

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Wow, lotta people caping up for the enemy.

I think I like the idea of Jeudy having success against Chris Harris. I won’t object to that kind of optimism.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    I think Jeudy has the potential to be really good. But I’m not sure Jeudy is the object of Harris losing too much sleep.

He still has to contend with the Chiefs 2x , Raiders 2x, Saints, Bucs, and Falcons WRs. All arguably more worrisome matchups then the Broncos WRs / passing game until they prove themselves.

Not to overstate the obvious but the Broncos secondary has to contend with those same groups. Without CHJ. Whether the Broncos are up to it or have been “upgraded” without him is still to be determined.
    Yeah but with Casey Hayward, Desmond King, and Derwin James roaming the secondary, Harris will likely get a lot of favorable matchups. Although King underperformed last season after a good season in 2018. The Broncos may have the best group to be able to potentially isolate and attack him as they see fit.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    I think Jeudy has the potential to be really good. But I’m not sure Jeudy is the object of Harris losing too much sleep.

He still has to contend with the Chiefs 2x , Raiders 2x, Saints, Bucs, and Falcons WRs. All arguably more worrisome matchups then the Broncos WRs / passing game until they prove themselves.

Not to overstate the obvious but the Broncos secondary has to contend with those same groups. Without CHJ. Whether the Broncos are up to it or have been “upgraded” without him is still to be determined.
    We'll find out who's the better of the two players in November and in December. I predict if both are healthy Jeudy will take advantage of CHJ and the Chargers defense.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied

Last edited by FR Tim; 07-26-2020, 07:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Im not crowning anything. The argument is the battle between Jeudy and CHJ is it not? Harris's play has fallen off and there is no denying that. Jeudy still has to prove a lot but his strength is his route running ability, and, he is not slow either. He ran a 4.45 at the combine and a flat 4.40 at his pro day. His 10 yard split was 1.56 seconds which tells me his acceleration is elite also. Harris will give him fits for sure but I just can't believe that he'll completely shut Jerry down.
    Hopefully CHJ has enough class to where he doesn’t decide to go full on Ndomnkung Suh on Jeudy after he’s embarrassed by the youngster!

I love CHJ but he is in the twilight of a HOF career and a young stud like Jeudy just may add the final nail.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    I agree that it makes more sense to scheme designs with CHJ on KJ Hamler but I think we’ll see Jerry Jeudy in the slot more with CHJ while KJ stretches the field.

I know CHJ seems to be slowing down a bit but Hopefully the stiff competition doesn’t hurt Jeudy’s self esteem in year one!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-26-2020, 04:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Yeah cause it makes more sense to assume an all pro will lose to a rookie instead a bunch of pieces needing to come together on a young offense.

You’re crowning a team that has proven squat
    Im not crowning anything. The argument is the battle between Jeudy and CHJ is it not? Harris's play has fallen off and there is no denying that. Jeudy still has to prove a lot but his strength is his route running ability, and, he is not slow either. He ran a 4.45 at the combine and a flat 4.40 at his pro day. His 10 yard split was 1.56 seconds which tells me his acceleration is elite also. Harris will give him fits for sure but I just can't believe that he'll completely shut Jerry down.

Leave a comment:

• Champ>NFL
    replied
    Why not? Harris is 31, Jeudy is 21. Harris clearly is on the final few years of his carrier and Jeudy is full of spunk and determination. Harris has the knowledge but sometimes....most times the God given abilities shine
    I'm not down on CHJ??! The only dig I made was his age and that is just a reality of life. He will be taking a step back every year he plays from here on out that's just a fact. Imo, I think Jeudy gets the best of him but that's just me. It's not like Jeudy will be catching 20 balls and 200 yard's in a game but it wouldn't surprise me to see him with 7-80+ range per game.

Like others said we have too many weapons for one guy to get all the love but for anyone here to just assume CHJ completely shuts Jerry down I think are fooling themselves. CHJ is in a new system too, he has to learn new schemes too. It's not like Jerry is the only one starting something new here.
    Yeah cause it makes more sense to assume an all pro will lose to a rookie instead a bunch of pieces needing to come together on a young offense.

You’re crowning a team that has proven squat

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    CHJ is one of the best corners in the 2000s. He was one of the best last year. Idk where y’all get off down talking CHJ.
    Harris wasn't one of the best last year. His ideal spot is in the slot, and he played something like 90% of his snaps outside last season.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    CHJ is one of the best corners in the 2000s. He was one of the best last year. Idk where y’all get off down talking CHJ.
    I'm not down on CHJ??! The only dig I made was his age and that is just a reality of life. He will be taking a step back every year he plays from here on out that's just a fact. Imo, I think Jeudy gets the best of him but that's just me. It's not like Jeudy will be catching 20 balls and 200 yard's in a game but it wouldn't surprise me to see him with 7-80+ range per game.

Like others said we have too many weapons for one guy to get all the love but for anyone here to just assume CHJ completely shuts Jerry down I think are fooling themselves. CHJ is in a new system too, he has to learn new schemes too. It's not like Jerry is the only one starting something new here.

Leave a comment:

• Champ>NFL
    replied
    Why not? Harris is 31, Jeudy is 21. Harris clearly is on the final few years of his carrier and Jeudy is full of spunk and determination. Harris has the knowledge but sometimes....most times the God given abilities shine

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Jeudy may not be a superstar in the NFL and there may be better WRs taken after him. Using hindsight in a few years will be easy, but right now which one of those WRs will be better? Because of his unique skill set, which tends to translate well to the pros, I don't see his floor being very low either. I think he has a very low probability to bust and will likely be at least a solid WR and there will be a lot more busts than stars taken after him.

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    CHJ has gone against expert route runners for years, he is very unlikely to get fooled by a rookie, who still needs time to adjust to the physical play of the NFL in a new playbook. Plus, the way to beat CHJ is pure speed, that's where he struggled a lot. As for God given abilities CHJ has those and then some
    I agree. Shurmur would probably be wise to try to scheme to have CHJ on KJ.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    It will be an interesting match up.

Jeudy's strength is his ability to use his route running to manipulate defenders into getting open. I think CHJr is best able to defend this part of Jeudy's game. What I think Jeudy could use is his speed and quickness to get the better of CHJr. Jeudy does not have the type of speed to do it with speed alone...maybe part of a larger strategy with his moves + speed...

It would be a very interesting match up to watch imo
    Jeudy has the skillset to get the better of CHJ. However, he it won't be a repetitive things. Jeudy has so much to learn, just like any rookie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X