Gordon DUI charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Good modification to reinforce my point. I guess I was looking at it that cars have only been around for 100-120 years. Whenever I hear DUI I immediately think alcohol not meth, pot, etc. My bad. I wonder if people could get a DUI before cars were invented. Like on a horse, buggy / wagon, bicycle, chariot.
    Most likely it was public drunkenness'.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV9JiDcaDfc
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

So let me see if I understand this, The NFL will penalize a player for getting a Reckless Driving citation ? Already costing him 8 point on his license.

Whats next, speeding ticket equals a 1 game suspension ? You see where I'm going with this? Very Bad Precedent they are setting here.

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post
        So let me see if I understand this, The NFL will penalize a player for getting a Reckless Driving citation ? Already costing him 8 point on his license.

Whats next, speeding ticket equals a 1 game suspension ? You see where I'm going with this? Very Bad Precedent they are setting here.
        First off, "Reckless Driving" is much more serious than "Careless Driving". Big difference.

In United States law, reckless driving is a major moving traffic violation that generally consists in driving a vehicle with willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.

Careless driving actually constitutes two offences: Driving without due care and attention; and Driving without reasonable consideration for other persons.

I assume in your opinion reckless driving is the same as speeding or jay walking. I assume you also believe people who are often in the publics eye, "famous", should always get the benefit of the doubt and can just pay their lawyer lots of $$$ to get a reduced charge. And in this case, the NFL should just look away and claim "nothing to see here folks".

Very Bad Precedent they are setting, IMO.
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Are you trying to apply logic and reason to our legal system?

That train has already left the station.

Comment

Robby Anderson didn’t get suspended for reckless driving. The Giants kicker did but he also fled the scene. Now there are reports that say Gordon did admit to drinking when arrested but they never did a breathalyzer, however they did do a blood test which I imagine came back below the limit since the charges got dropped.

I don’t think he’ll get suspended, probably fined if he wasn’t already.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Robby Anderson didn’t get suspended for reckless driving. The Giants kicker did but he also fled the scene. Now there are reports that say Gordon did admit to drinking when arrested but they never did a breathalyzer, however they did do a blood test which I imagine came back below the limit since the charges got dropped.

I don’t think he’ll get suspended, probably fined if he wasn’t already.
              they played the audio from the cops camera. he sounded under the influence to me. he admitted to drinking. It sounds like why he got off with the charges he did was that the cop basically didnt give him all his options and basically misled him to make a decision. The only thing they didnt release was the result of the bac.
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

they played the audio from the cops camera. he sounded under the influence to me. he admitted to drinking. It sounds like why he got off with the charges he did was that the cop basically didnt give him all his options and basically misled him to make a decision. The only thing they didnt release was the result of the bac.
                I read that there was 20 minutes of missing film from the police body cams as well. And the police not giving him all of his option is a pretty big deal. Due process is presented twice in the US constitution and one could argue the officer violated that by not presenting all options.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I read that there was 20 minutes of missing film from the police body cams as well. And the police not giving him all of his option is a pretty big deal. Due process is presented twice in the US constitution and one could argue the officer violated that by not presenting all options.
                  yes and any lawyer worth his weight would be able to get their client off on lesser charges in this circumstance.

I have a zero tolerance for dui. Im positive there were plenty of alternatives for gordon not to "jeopordize his position battle"
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

First off, "Reckless Driving" is much more serious than "Careless Driving". Big difference.

In United States law, reckless driving is a major moving traffic violation that generally consists in driving a vehicle with willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.

Careless driving actually constitutes two offences: Driving without due care and attention; and Driving without reasonable consideration for other persons.

I assume in your opinion reckless driving is the same as speeding or jay walking. I assume you also believe people who are often in the publics eye, "famous", should always get the benefit of the doubt and can just pay their lawyer lots of $$$ to get a reduced charge. And in this case, the NFL should just look away and claim "nothing to see here folks".

Very Bad Precedent they are setting, IMO.

Happy you had an explanation of the differences between reckless and Careless. But you missed my point and NO I did not intend to understate the seriousness of the incident.

I wanted to bring attention to the NFL and fines they continue to issue including suspension's at times. Is there a formula used to decide on the punishment, Or is it at the wimm of an individual. Last year it seemed Helter/Skelter as they issued fines on the Not following Mask and covid protocols. Rather a wide range of fines that effected some teams/players negatively and others Not So Much.

Maybe I am developing into a Harsh Critic of Goodell and believe He should stay away from this incident.

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

yes and any lawyer worth his weight would be able to get their client off on lesser charges in this circumstance.

I have a zero tolerance for dui. Im positive there were plenty of alternatives for gordon not to "jeopordize his position battle"
                      I agree with you fully, but we'll never know if he was guilty of DUI here, because the police officers in the case mishandled this. Because of that, I just hope that whether he was innocent or guilty this causes Gordon to think twice about driving after drinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

I have a zero tolerance for dui. Im positive there were plenty of alternatives for Gordon not to "jeopardize his position battle"
                        Exactly!
                        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Well Said. Watching the video, then hearing that this is the norm in colorado at this time. No Breath Test, No charges, no need for a Lawyer. Lucky this time.
                          Last edited by colowoz01; 03-12-2021, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I agree with you fully, but we'll never know if he was guilty of DUI here, because the police officers in the case mishandled this. Because of that, I just hope that whether he was innocent or guilty this causes Gordon to think twice about driving after drinking.
                            I hope so too, not as a football fan but just in general.
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                            X