Nigel Bradham walks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel Bradham walks

I will always be a fan of the Broncos no matter what, but the way this coaching staff evaluates players and the transactions they have done, leave me scratching my head to the point of bleeding. Nigel Bradham just walked away from the team without reason. He was brought in, so I thought to help with pass coverage from the linebacker spot. He got a total of 17 snaps, all of which were on special teams. I don't blame Bradham for leaving. He is actually overqualified as a coverage LB and he deserves to play.

This on top of the Demar Dotson and Bausby fiasco makes me wonder what the coaching staff is seeing and thinking.
    As I said, I will always be a fan, but until the coaching and ownership situations get squared away, I will not give much energy to this team.

Link please
    You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      Link please
      https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...m-leaves-team/

Comment

Coaching and ownership ? Ownership has nothing to do with Elway being a horrible talent evaluator, and missing high and middle round picks consistently for years. Coaching ? These coaches everyone loves blaming are being put in place by Elway, to coach his bad rosters. The writing is on the wall now, and unless Elway pulls off some miracle next year, his time here is limited. This thing wont turn around until we address the main problem area of the football team, Elway, or he suddenly learns how to evaluate offensive lineman or gets a gift in free agency like Mr. Peyton Manning 100% was for him. It will be a few years too late, but this thing is not trending well for Elway, and my questioning of Elway for many years now seems to becoming a more popular opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          Coaching and ownership ? Ownership has nothing to do with Elway being a horrible talent evaluator, and missing high and middle round picks consistently for years. Coaching ? These coaches everyone loves blaming are being put in place by Elway, to coach his bad rosters. The writing is on the wall now, and unless Elway pulls off some miracle next year, his time here is limited. This thing wont turn around until we address the main problem area of the football team, Elway, or he suddenly learns how to evaluate offensive lineman or gets a gift in free agency like Mr. Peyton Manning 100% was for him. It will be a few years too late, but this thing is not trending well for Elway, and my questioning of Elway for many years now seems to becoming a more popular opinion.
          I would invite you to look at Shurmur's media event from the other day. His answers to the questions he was asked are mind boggling. So, yes, in my opinion coaching is huge part of this disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

I would invite you to look at Shurmur's media event from the other day. His answers to the questions he was asked are mind boggling. So, yes, in my opinion coaching is huge part of this disaster.
            For example ? I am sure there are things he could be doing better, a commitment to the run game for one, but he has arguably one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL, one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, and expecting anything other than this because we drafted some fast guys was always naive.

Comment

The player couldn't get himself onto the field. The coaching staff (for all of their issues) haven't been shy about elevating and playing players from the practice squad, and players from the street. Just look at the players who have cycled through the d-line this season as a bunch of examples of that.

I have massive issues with both management and the coaching staff right now, but this is certainly not one of them. If the player shows that they deserve to be on the field, they'll get on the field.

As for the Demar Dotson thing (I assume you're talking about him not playing earlier in the season) from what I've read he came to the Broncos well below his playing weight, and it took him time to get back up to the size that he could reasonably playing at. Not sure that's 100% accurate, just what I read, I want to say it was from Benjamin Allbright, but I can't remember.

And the Bausby thing?...That was just a head scratcher. There were several players that should have been released before him. Glad he's back in Denver now.

Comment

Considering the Eagles declined his option and then released the 31 year old LB at the end of the 2019 season (2/18/20) and the Saints signed him not until August 2020 only to cut him 2 weeks later, not even making it to the final cut day and then was picked up by the Broncos on 10/5/20 with no other team interested in signing him; it seems that there is not much demand for his services. It is reported that he quit due to "personal reasons", one can only speculate what that truly means but it doesn't necessarily mean that he felt the Broncos didn't give him much of a chance, even though he was given more of a chance than 31 other teams gave him.

It is not very likely that Nigel would be in the Bronco's plans next season and this season is all but done for the Broncos, therefore the Broncos should be focusing on developing players that will likely be competing for a spot on the team in 2021. Nigel isn't a priority for the Broncos this season or next.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                  Considering the Eagles declined his option and then released the 31 year old LB at the end of the 2019 season (2/18/20) and the Saints signed him not until August 2020 only to cut him 2 weeks later, not even making it to the final cut day and then was picked up by the Broncos on 10/5/20 with no other team interested in signing him; it seems that there is not much demand for his services. It is reported that he quit due to "personal reasons", one can only speculate what that truly means but it doesn't necessarily mean that he felt the Broncos didn't give him much of a chance, even though he was given more of a chance than 31 other teams gave him.

It is not very likely that Nigel would be in the Bronco's plans next season and this season is all but done for the Broncos, therefore the Broncos should be focusing on developing players that will likely be competing for a spot on the team in 2021. Nigel isn't a priority for the Broncos this season or next.

Covid might have had something to do with it.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Covid might have had something to do with it.
                    Something to do with him not getting interest/signed by other teams or to do with him quitting? After more thought on this, maybe he didn't like his salary as a PS player vs game checks probably at the vet minimum? I can see it being a huge difference in salary.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

Something to do with him not getting interest/signed by other teams or to do with him quitting? After more thought on this, maybe he didn't like his salary as a PS player vs game checks probably at the vet minimum? I can see it being a huge difference in salary.
                      The monetary aspects are one possibility among others.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

He Quit!
                        Needed to outplay other players in practice.
                        If he gave it his all, the coaches didn’t think it was good enough for our team.

Denver isn’t the only place he couldn’t get on the field:
                        Eagles declined the option on his contract and released him and then the Saints released him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X