Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowlen Sisters want to restore franchise for fans

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.9ne...e-2206fd6e38e5

PAT BOWLEN'S OLDEST DAUGHTERS ISSUE STATEMENT ON CURRENT STATE OF BRONCOS FRANCHISE
    The Bowlen sisters said they see "no other way to restore the franchise for our fans but through a transition of ownership of the Denver Broncos."

Author: Mike Klis
    Published: 12:34 PM MST December 2, 2020
    DENVER — Beth Bowlen Wallace, who along with her sister Amie Klemmer, are suing the trustees of her father Pat Bowlen’s estate, sent out a statement that knocked the current state of the franchise and reinforced her position for a transition.

The statement reads:

“My sister Amie, my uncle John Bowlen and I have had the privilege, along with all fans that bleed orange and blue, of seeing what a winning team looks like.

“Watching these past few seasons has been extremely painful and we continue to see no other way to restore the franchise for our fans but through a transition of ownership of the Denver Broncos. My father Pat Bowlen would never have accepted the team’s current state.

"Fortunately, my father’s legacy as one of the NFL’s greatest owners has been solidified at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. We will forever reflect on the over 30 years of ownership that got him there with great pride. Our desire is for this team to be restored to its winning ways and to see more Super Bowl championships for Broncos Country. We have been committed to and will continue to pursue resolutions on all issues in order to ensure a smooth and timely transition.

"We are hopeful that the current leadership agrees that this is in the best interests of the Denver Broncos and most importantly, it is in the best interests of our incredibly loyal fans, my father’s legacy and the Bowlen family.’’

On May 31, 2018, Beth Bowlen announced that she was ready to replace her father as the team’s primary owner.

Per sources, the trustees are not expected to pursue a transition from trustees to either a Bowlen child or sale to an outside investor until the lawsuit brought against by Bowlen-Wallace and Klemmer is resolved. The lawsuit that Bowlen-Wallace and Klemmer have brought against their father’s trust – naming Joe Ellis, Rich Slivka and Mary Kelly – seeks the trust be dissolved because their father lacked capacity when trust was amended from 2002 and executed in 2009.

Dan Reilly, attorney for the trustees, declined comment.

A hearing for the civil lawsuit filed by Beth Bowlen Wallace and Amie Klemmer, which contests their father’s mental capacity at the time his final trust was executed, was re-scheduled for July 12, 2021 in Arapahoe County Court. The trial had initially been set to begin Sept. 1, 2020 but was delayed because parties agreed the trial could not be conducted in-person in light of Colorado’s COVID-19 restrictions.

Annabel Bowlen's attorney's response:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...52210&sfnsn=mo
    sigpic

Comment

Will know shes serious when joe ellis gets the boot and alway gets demoted to a club level usher for the broncos first home game after covid

Comment

Don't think Pat Bowlen would be happy with the way his kids have behaved concerning the Denver Broncos. They act like the spoiled rich kids they are squabbling over who gets what. Pat wanted one of them to step up and satisfy certain qualifications in order to become controlling owner while they all shared the profits. They can't do it. Looks like the team will be sold. That's essentially what Beth Bowlen Wallace's statement says.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I'm sure the NFL will be pretty happy with them having this play out through the media. Beth Bowlen Wallace will never be the controlling owner of the Broncos. We're just getting closer to when the league finally decides the team will be sold. Hopefully when that happens they get a good owner and not someone like the Pegulas, Haslams or Daniel Snyder.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Don't think Pat Bowlen would be happy with the way his kids have behaved concerning the Denver Broncos. They act like the spoiled rich kids they are squabbling over who gets what. Pat wanted one of them to step up and satisfy certain qualifications in order to become controlling owner while they all shared the profits. They can't do it. Looks like the team will be sold. That's essentially what Beth Bowlen Wallace's statement says.
            And Ellis and Elway have been the beneficiaries, of their Father's estate. Who are the spoiled brats?
            And they say they don't know enough about football to make a good team, hahaha, look who's talking.
            Last edited by MrMax; 12-02-2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMax View Post

And Ellis and Elway have been the beneficiaries, of their Father's estate. Who are the spoiled brats?
              And they say they don't know enough about football to make a good team, hahaha, look who's talking.
              Also those trusties know if their is an conclusion to the dispute, They all would lose all the FREE paydays.

Comment

It appears she’s doubling down on her position. I don’t think that’s the smart play to keep the team in the family. I think resolving her issues with Brittany directly and coming to some agreement outside of court would be much more beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  It appears she’s doubling down on her position. I don’t think that’s the smart play to keep the team in the family. I think resolving her issues with Brittany directly and coming to some agreement outside of court would be much more beneficial.
                  Look at it from Beth Bowlen's point of view. She knows the trust will never, ever choose her as owner. So why would she come to an agreement with Brittany when she could just fight the issue, force the trust and/or the NFL to sell the team, and she will gain $300 million or thereabouts?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

Look at it from Beth Bowlen's point of view. She knows the trust will never, ever choose her as owner. So why would she come to an agreement with Brittany when she could just fight the issue, force the trust and/or the NFL to sell the team, and she will gain $300 million or thereabouts?
                    Because if she loses the court case she'll lose her share of the Broncos. That's the danger of challenging a no contest clause, if you do and you lose, you lose everything. From what I read it would bypass her and be split between her children. I believe two daughters are challenging the will in court, both would lose their interest which would pass to their kids, but they now become minority owners.

From what Benjamin Allbright has reported, the other 5 kids all support Brittany as controlling owner, so if the two other children lose in court, and their interest is split into smaller portions, it becomes an easy path for the trust and NFL to give the reigns to the kids with Brittany as controlling owner.

Comment

Is there any essential time line that either the kids take over the team or it will be sold? Could Ellis and the trustiees continue to say Brittney and the other kids are not able or ready to run the organization indefinitely?
                      I sure wouldnt like it if my Dad's will said Joe Ellis will decide when you deserve your inheritance. That could make the family divisive.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        And what Is wrong with that when Elway and the trust have taken this team to an all time low for a consistent amount of years while they collect pay checks.

I’d like to see where Pat Bowlen stated that he’d support Elway and the trust through such a dysfunctional mess.

If Beth believes the only rebound possible for this franchise is a sale, then so be it at least someone in the organization can accept the Long overdue truth!
                        Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-03-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMax View Post
                          Is there any essential time line that either the kids take over the team or it will be sold? Could Ellis and the trustiees continue to say Brittney and the other kids are not able or ready to run the organization indefinitely?
                          I sure wouldnt like it if my Dad's will said Joe Ellis will decide when you deserve your inheritance. That could make the family divisive.
                          It’s hard to believe Pat actually structured it that way in his will. Did he not have any faith in his kids? If so, why not just state that a sale should be made!

Joe Eliss doesn’t care one little bit about Pats family otherwise you wouldn’t see any indications of diversity in the family. Joe is a selfish man with John Elway as his puppet in order to Maintain control of this team and collect a free pay check.

I fully support Beth, even if a sale is forced and I hope that happens!
                          Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-03-2020, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            It’s hard to believe Pat actually structured it that way in his will. Did he not have any faith in his kids? If so, why not just state that a sale should be made!

Joe Eliss doesn’t care one little bit about Pats family otherwise you wouldn’t see any indications of diversity in the family. Joe is a selfish man with John Elway as his puppet in order to Maintain control of this team and collect a free pay check.

I fully support Beth, even if a sale is forced and I hope that happens!
                            Unless there's a settlement between the sisters, tt can't happen until after the trial which is scheduled for July. In theory the NFL can force a sale of a franchise at any point in time, but it could get messy legally if they do so before the trial has been settled.

Comment

It's quite ironic that the very family that brought the Broncos to greatness are now responsible for it's demise.

Comment

Working...
                              X