Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Jeudy tales shot at Pat Schurmur

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....ck-pat-shurmur

The rookie WR appears to be fed up with Pat Shurmur's offense.

Frustrations purportedly boiled over for Denver Broncos first-round wide receiver Jerry Jeudy in the wake of Sunday's loss to Kansas City, a game in which the complaintant found himself on a milk carton — missing.

In tweets that have since been scrubbed from his social media account, Jeudy quipped that "at least I got my conditioning in," a potential shot at quarterback Drew Lock, and "it all makes sense now lol," in response to a recent Odell Beckham Jr. quote harshly criticizing former Giants head coach and current Broncos offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur.

Not counting the travesty that was Denver's Week 12 loss to New Orleans, Jeudy suffered through his worst game of what's been a maddening first-year campaign for the No. 15 overall pick. He finished the 22-16 defeat at Kansas City with one catch for five yards. He's seen five targets over the past two games — damning: fellow rookie WR KJ Hamler was targeted five times alone on Sunday — and hasn't scored a touchdown nor cracked 100 yards since his Nov. 8 explosion (7-125-1) against Atlanta.

Suffice to say, coming from red-carpet treatment in Alabama, it's an extraordinary fall from grace. The limelight to no light. A big fish to a tiny minnow. National praise to ... crickets.
    And perhaps it's not coincidental he'd remark on Beckham's scathing remarks vilifying Shurmur — that Shurmur alienated Beckham from other players — right after Jeudy himself seemingly was alienated from the Broncos' game plan.
    But those in his crosshairs don't necessarily find fault in Jeudy's public airing of dirty laundry. Pressed by reporters, Lock rationalized that it would be bad if this wasn't happening.
    “If he’s happy about not getting the amount of balls that he wants, then there’s something going on there. You want a receiver that wants the ball. You want a guy that wants it in his hand and wants to make plays. That’s what we like about Jerry," he said in a Wednesday conference call. "He wants the ball in any situation—the beginning of the game or crunch time towards the end. People play him a certain way, and you go throughout the game and you make your reads. Sometimes you don’t end up getting to him, and sometimes you hit the guy. He could have been the second person on the read, but one was open. It’s how the game flows, and I know he’s learning that right now. As a receiver in this league, there are times where it’s tough to get the ball every once in a while. It’s about fighting through those games and getting ready to practice the next week and go into the next one thinking you’re going to catch 15 that game. Just being ready for that opportunity for the next Sunday.”

Broncos head coach Vic Fangio, meanwhile, merely chalks it up to the (diva) position, and all that it entails.
    “Well, the last three games—the game before this past one—obviously he wasn't going to get many balls thrown to him that day. I don't think he's hit the wall at all," he said Wednesday. "I think he'd just like to have more catches and I don't know of any receiver that doesn't feel that way. I'm glad he's a little frustrated that he's not getting more production. We want our guys to feel that way. I don't know what he said or didn't say on Twitter, but I'm OK with Jerry. Jerry's in a good spot.”
    While it's true that Jeudy lacking complacency is a positive, taking to Twitter in this fashion is never a good look for anyone involved. Such gripes should be handled privately, and beyond that, Jeudy isn't blameless; he's dropped more than a few balls thrown to him this season.
    Depending on how the coaches want to handle damage control, there's a possibility he's placated in Week 14 when Denver faces a Carolina defense that just surrendered seven catches, 70 yards, and two TDs to Vikings first-round wideout Justin Jefferson.
    Jeudy knows this: Closed mouths don't get fed.
    Nate Jackson says Jerry Jeudy gets snubbed because he’s in willing to block for his teammates. Not sure if that is the true reason but he also states that no player should ever take to Twitter to express frustrations which I agree with but how do you get your coaches to hear you if you don’t make some noise?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-09-2020, 03:00 PM.

Yep Pat needs to be held accountable for this offensive offense.

Comment

Joe Flacco told the press, "this team doesn't play to win, they play to not lose" . Elway said he understands and has no problem with a player venting their frustrations: But Flacco never ever played another game for the Broncos,

Comment

So I’m listening to 104.3 the fan right now Cecil and Nick talking about Jerry Jeudy and Cecil just admitted that whenever they say anything negative about the Denver Broncos on air, that they do in fact get a phone call from the Broncos headquarters.

I’ll try to find the audio to provide proof.

Comment

I totally understand what jeudy is complaining about. However based on what I have seen from him so far im really afraid that jerry is a true diva WR. So far hamler has been the more mature sounding player.

Comment

Coming off a one-catch game in which he had 5 yards, he should probably keep quiet and maybe hit the gym. Quick feet don't mean you know what if you can't get off the jam. Justin Jefferson looks elite, while our guy looks like a poor mans Calvin Ridley, mean college highlight videos but.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              Coming off a one-catch game in which he had 5 yards, he should probably keep quiet and maybe hit the gym. Quick feet don't mean you know what if you can't get off the jam. Justin Jefferson looks elite, while our guy looks like a poor mans Calvin Ridley, mean college highlight videos but.
              The one catch on two targets is what his issue is. Between Lock’s inability to read his progressions and Shurmer’s lack of scheming his talent into the offense more, he’s got a point. True, early on (like week one) he had some drop issues. But since then he’s been MIA and it’s not of his own doing. A WR can only “look elite” if his QB is actually involving him in the offense, which give him a chance to make plays.

And Lock’s presser was absolute garbage. He never progresses to #2. Especially if #1 is in the funnel. That ball is going to where the most defenders are.
              #swapping

Comment

I think Jeudy has elite talent and will be a special player....but....shut your damn mouth!! Stay off twitter and just work harder!! I agree that his OC sucks, I agree that his QB sucks but opening a can of worms like this never ends well. How about you get stronger and become a better blocker and become a better teammate!!

Comment

Jeudy is probably right, but he need to shut up. He's a friggin' rookie (first round pick at that) who has dropped a lot of catchable balls this year.

With that said - he's probably right. Shurmur has been pretty bad all year, with everything. This team is just a mess.

Comment

I am disappointed that Jeudy hasn't had better stats, more catches, etc. I am not sure but isn't he basically our #1 receiver? ( He has had a few lame drops at critical times)
                    Maybe he is covered by the other teams best CB? Maybe Lock is leary throwing his way????

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....ck-pat-shurmur

Nate Jackson says Jerry Jeudy gets snubbed because he’s in willing to block for his teammates. Not sure if that is the true reason but he also states that no player should ever take to Twitter to express frustrations which I agree with but how do you get your coaches to hear you if you don’t make some noise?
                      You talk to them directly like an adult! Gen Z kids often mishandle matters by using social media as a first resort.

But this is really a nothing burger. The follow up link is

Broncos' Vic Fangio, Drew Lock Respond to Jerry Jeudy Coaching Criticism

And Fangio ... well, chalked it up to a first-round rookie wide receiver being a first-round rookie wide receiver.

"The last three games—the game before this past one—obviously he wasn't going to get many balls thrown to him that day. I don't think he's hit the wall at all. I think he'd just like to have more catches and I don't know of any receiver that doesn't feel that way," Fangio told reporters Wednesday. "I'm glad he's a little frustrated that he's not getting more production. We want our guys to feel that way. I don't know what he said or didn't say on Twitter, but I'm OK with Jerry. Jerry's in a good spot.”

Last edited by L.M.; 12-10-2020, 09:06 AM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by MrMax View Post
                        Joe Flacco told the press, "this team doesn't play to win, they play to not lose" . Elway said he understands and has no problem with a player venting their frustrations: But Flacco never ever played another game for the Broncos,
                        Flacco was a 34 year old QB who won 2 games of the 8 he started. The fact that he wasn’t benched earlier is appalling. Jeudy is a talented receiver in his first year on a team that has started 4 different QBs this year including a rookie, practice squad receiver.

A rookie still learning the pro game venting their frustrations is a lot different than a broken down vet who should know better.
                        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Jeudy needs to not vent on Social Media. OBJ didn't like Shurmur, felt under used, and Jeudy doesn't either. So leave it in the locker room.

Even Jefferson gets jammed at the LOS some. Most rookie WR's, unless they are Claypool and huge, struggle with press coverage. He does need to get better at that. I wouldn't say he has "fixed" the drops but they haven't happened now for several games.

Every defense right now should try to take Jeudy away because it causes Lock to make a second or third read, which he has struggled to make right. If Denver wants to take shots down field why not try to give Jeudy a few. They can also put him in the slot and run the same routes as Hamler to get him more touches.

Comment

He's lost more this month than he did in 3 years at Alabama. This is probably wearing on him. That being said, there needs to be some sort of professionalism. I doubt he would have said anything like this with Saban. I don't know what his relationship is with the position coach or Fangio, but they need to advise him to keep that type of stuff off of Twitter. It doesn't help anybody and makes you look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                              Perhaps Jeudy isn’t putting in the work that he needs to in the gym or on the practice field but I think if you toss him into KCs offense, he immediately becomes a top 5 WR.

Heck if you toss Noah Fant into KCs offense, he immediately becomes a top 3, considering his size, speed, and the mismatch for corners and linebackers.

Im not going to put it all on Lock but Lock is a huge problem here. I also believe that that Schurmur is doing what he can to help Lock, so much so that I’m about to start calling him Pat Schurmurello

Comment

Working...
                              X