Jerry Jeudy tales shot at Pat Schurmur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko

i kinda doubt that, the wr currently in the nfl is more loaded then it has ever been. i doubt any rookie would step in and right away be a top 5 guy. i mean WR spot is super loaded and there is more true Number 1 WR then there ever has been in the nfl.
    I’m not saying that Jerry Jeudy is going to be Randy moss or Chad Johnson, however I am saying If he were on a better team, he could be well on his way to being someone like Marvin Harrison. I am not about to say he’s a “poor man’s Calvin Ridley” or that any of the other receivers that went before or after him in the first round are better.

On a better team with a better coaching staff and better quarterback he could be well on his way.

If he were playing for Kansas City with Eric Bienemy, Andy Reid, and Patrick Mahomes, he could be well on his way to blossoming into the top five.

That is how much faith I have in the kid based on what I’ve seen talent wise from him. I don’t care if that offends you or John. That is my opinion on his skill set and talent levels!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

I’m not saying that Jerry Jeudy is going to be Randy moss or Chad Johnson, however I am saying If he were on a better team, he could be well on his way to being someone like Marvin Harrison. I am not about to say he’s a “poor man’s Calvin Ridley” or that any of the other receivers that went before or after him in the first round are better.

On a better team with a better coaching staff and better quarterback he could be well on his way.

If he were playing for Kansas City with Eric Bienemy, Andy Reid, and Patrick Mahomes, he could be well on his way to blossoming into the top five.

That is how much faith I have in the kid based on what I’ve seen talent wise from him. I don’t care if that offends you or John. That is my opinion on his skill set and talent levels!
      he could still be on the way. Traditionally WR have Struggled year one and make the biggest jump between Year 1 and year 2. plus any WR looks better with a good QB throwing it to them, minus maybe hopkins. Hopkins looks elite regardless
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Jeudy will be fine as a starting receiver in the league.

DT came into the league knowing how to run like three routes from his college days. He had friggin' Tim Tebow as his starting quarterback as well. I know Manning helped him 'blossom' but he became a great route runner, possession receiver, and a hail mary type playmaker.

Jeudy will develop. He just needs to stop being so dramatic on social media. Like seriously, as I mentioned before: You're a rookie (first round pick) who has had a very average rookie season. Lots of dropped balls that were pretty catchable as well. Stop complaining on instagram or whatever.

Comment

It's coaching. Shurmur stinks. Remember when Bolles was the worse LT in the league and and then good coaches were hired and in 1 season he turned it around and he's playing at an elite level. There's no reason for the Broncos offense to be playing this bad with the players they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

I really like Jeudy potential and I’m glad he’s a Bronco but if I remember correctly, Cecil Lammy reported on draft weekend that KJ Hamler was Elways guy in the second round no matter what but he was in awestruck when Jeudy fell to him in the first.

Typical reaction of the moment so perhaps there is a much bigger problem in communication than we realize but again I’m glad Jeudy is a Bronco.
            There have also been reports that Hamler was Vic's guy. It still does not change the point I was trying to make.

There is no reason to draft a certain skill set if the coaches are not going to use it.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Winning fixes complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                Winning fixes complaining.
                Not always, when it comes to wide receivers
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Thread cleaned. This is not Smack.
                  Administrator
                  sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
                    It's coaching. Shurmur stinks. Remember when Bolles was the worse LT in the league and and then good coaches were hired and in 1 season he turned it around and he's playing at an elite level. There's no reason for the Broncos offense to be playing this bad with the players they have.
                    It makes sense for them to be losing when you look at how inexperienced the offense is, how Denver is one of the youngest teams in the league, with even less veteran help at key positions i.e QB and WR.
                    The team's best wide out is injured.(Sutton)
                    All the receivers are basically still getting the hang of Pro level football. Tim Patrick is literally our most experienced wide out....in his 3rd season.

With a QB that is in his second season.

It's not Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees slinging it to young wide outs, it's a young, mistake prone QB.

Combo that with the bad play calling...it makes total season as to why Denver offense struggles. At the very least, fans expectations should be rather low on what the team can achieve.

EDIT:
                    To add, players like Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, and others sat under a veteran QB they could learn from.
                    Who is Lock learning from? Blake Bortles? He's not gonna learn much.
                    Last edited by InsaneBlaze23; 12-11-2020, 03:53 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Hasn't been used enough? Maybe they should try to get him the ball more but he does have 82 targets in 10 starts, 12 games and the game against the Saints was like not starting, he was not going to see very much just like all the receivers that game. His catch% is low as others have stated but that's at least partly his fault, he has a 15.7yds per catch avg - pretty good - I think the highest of all rookie WRs. How does that stack up to other rookie WRs lately?
                      Justin Jefferson has been great, I drafted him in my FF league, he did take a few games to come along... 84 targets.
                      Ruggs - first WR picked - has 20 catches on 35 targets... they should USE him more.
                      Ceedee Lamb has 90 targets, 59 catches 11.8yds per catch.
                      Jalen Reagor 34 targets, 20 catches 12.8per catch.
                      Chase Claypool 78 targets, 47 catches 13.8yds per catch.
                      Marquise Brown had 46 receptions for 12.7yds avg in rookie season, 71 targets, 64.8% catch%, this season 41 catches on 75 targets so far this season.
                      K'neal Harry was actually the only other WR taken in the 1st round last years draft, in his career so far he has 41- catches on 73 targets
                      Deebo Samuel had 81 targets catching 57 last season, he only has 4 starts this year with 44 targets, 33 receptions - not bad for 4 starts, 6 games.
                      Calvin Ridley had 64 catches his rookie season 92 targets. He was with a team that had fairly deep talent at WR though. 12.8 avg per catch.

It looks to me like he is getting plenty of shots for a rookie.

I am disappointed that he used social media to make, apparently negative comments, I hope he stops that. Overall I think he has done well for a rookie WR. I hope the Broncos are patient with him and after a full, normal off-season he and the rest of the offense will be much more efficient next season.

Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 12-11-2020, 09:39 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Those are great stats, but can you put them in context?

How many of those 82 targets Jeudy has had, were in double/triple coverage and intercepted? Bc, wouldnt that count as a "non-catch" against Jeudy's stats when it was out of his hands? (literally and figuratively)
                        Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Originally posted by ozzies94ta View Post
                          Those are great stats, but can you put them in context?

How many of those 82 targets Jeudy has had, were in double/triple coverage and intercepted? Bc, wouldnt that count as a "non-catch" against Jeudy's stats when it was out of his hands? (literally and figuratively)
                          You could play that game all day. Well how many of those targets did Jeudy not run his route correctly, how many times wasn't he targeted because he got dominated physically at the line of scrimmage, etc., and so on. I think people have a tendency to create a narrative as an excuse for a particular happening when it doesn't play out like they think it would have, or how they think it should.

Maybe Jeudy isn't being included in the offense enough. Maybe Lock doesn't get him the ball because he isn't a very good quarterback. Maybe Jeudy is struggling to find separation in the NFL. Maybe Jeudy hasn't done enough in practice to gain the trust of his coaches and teammates. It could be any number of things, or a combination of things, but blaming just the coach, or just the guy throwing the ball is ignorant to the fact that Jeudy is a rookie, is learning how to play at the highest level of football, and some struggles should be expected.

Comment

Working...
                          X