X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

IMO neither player has a very strong arm. Infact I’d say they’re less than your average High school QB but that might be going too far anyway my point is, we’re in even more trouble if Johns allowed to make this decision. I’d say we roll with lock or trade players and picks for Matt Stafford like Chad Johnson suggests.
    Also forgot to mention. Stafford is going nowhere. In another thread I talked about the potential of cutting him, but forgot the accumulated bonus in dead money. They can't trade or cut him.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Rolling with Lock has always been the most likely play. At this point, it's also the smart play.
    I generally agree expecially with our pick in the first round. Most likely we would have to reach for a trask a Lance or a Jones and I don't feel that would be a good move

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

IMO neither player has a very strong, infact I’d say they’re less than your average High school QB but that might be going too far anyway my point is, we’re in even more trouble if Johns allowed to make this decision. I’d say we roll with lock or trade players and picks for Matt Stafford like Chad Johnson suggests.
    Rolling with Lock has always been the most likely play. At this point, it's also the smart play.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Rypien does not have an nfl caliber arm at all he struggles to throw it more then 20 yards down field. Now Jones has a better arm then Rypien but it is still on the weaker side for a nfl qb
    IMO neither player has a very strong arm. Infact I’d say they’re less than your average High school QB but that might be going too far anyway my point is, we’re in even more trouble if Johns allowed to make this decision. I’d say we roll with lock or trade players and picks for Matt Stafford like Chad Johnson suggests.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-16-2020, 10:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Rypien does not have an nfl caliber arm at all he struggles to throw it more then 20 yards down field. Now Jones has a better arm then Rypien but it is still on the weaker side for a nfl qb
    Yeah. I really don't get it, tbh. Did Rypien and Jones go to the same high school or something?

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Mac Jones sounds like Brett Rypien. Why draft a guy we already have?

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Anyways...

So, by beating the Panthers we are completely out of the Zach Wilson market (or at least should be). Lock was good. I hope he continues being good, and there's no reason to even talk about drafting a quarterback. In the event however, that he's not good next week, and everyone goes back to killing Lock, wanting everyone fired, etc., here's an honest evaluation.

For the record. As I stated in my earlier post, I'd rather have the upside QB in Lance.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Chronoless View Post

So now their Tom Brady? Omg we should of drafted Seimian and Rypien 1st round, what are we wasting time with Lock for, we have Tom Brady 3.0 on the roster, we let Tom Brady 2.0 go (Seimon) he must be on his 2nd Superbowl already somewhere.
    Beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Mac Jones would have big shoes to fill, but if he can put a game together like this, their's no question that teams are going to consider taking him in the second or Third.

Leave a comment:

• Chronoless
    replied

If Brady has taught us anything you can't let guys like Siemian and Rypien slip past the third round and I Think that's the logic.
    So now their Tom Brady? Omg we should of drafted Seimian and Rypien 1st round, what are we wasting time with Lock for, we have Tom Brady 3.0 on the roster, we let Tom Brady 2.0 go (Seimon) he must be on his 2nd Superbowl already somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Guess they got the link click from me

Wanted to know who exactly is pushing the words of Paige so I can know who not to pay attention to
    Woody Paige. Think it was in 2012 or 2013 when Woody Paige wrote that he thought John Elway should be named NFL Executive of the year by "acclimation". Maybe he thought Elway would succeed as a result of adapting to a different set of weather conditions.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Chronoless View Post

So why would we draft Jones in the 2nd round or Third like what the article says when we got both Siemian and Rypien in the 7th and undrafted?
    If Brady has taught us anything you can't let guys like Siemian and Rypien slip past the third round and I Think that's the logic.

Leave a comment:

• Chronoless
    replied
    I dunno. Rypien vs Jones is a tough debate. He's definitely not Ingle Martin or Kyle Sloter, but I think he'd give Siemian or Rypien a run for their money.
    So why would we draft Jones in the 2nd round or Third like what the article says when we got both Siemian and Rypien in the 7th and undrafted?

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    I dunno. Rypien vs Jones is a tough debate. He's definitely not Ingle Martin or Kyle Sloter, but I think he'd give Siemian or Rypien a run for their money.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Guess they got the link click from me

Wanted to know who exactly is pushing the words of Paige so I can know who not to pay attention to

Zack Kelberman

Woody Paige has spoken.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Mac Jones sounds like Brett Rypien. Why draft a guy we already have?
    Exactly my thoughts

Leave a comment:

Working...
X