Major Change coming if team finishes 5-11per Klis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Change coming if team finishes 5-11per Klis

Talk about an annoying article where Klis is not naming names but author is suggesting players will be scapegoats and given the boot.

Anyway just thought I’d share.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....-melvin-gordon

Pink slips could be prevalent in Dove Valley if the Denver Broncos end the season on a sour note.

This, the likely-sourced opinion of 9NEWS' insider Mike Klis, who foreshadowed "major changes" to the organization in the event Denver loses its three remaining games against the Buffalo Bills, Los Angeles Chargers, and Las Vegas Raiders.
    "If you're 8-8, I don't think there's many changes with the Broncos. If you're 5-11, I think there's gonna be major changes with the Broncos," Klis said Tuesday on 104.3 The Fan.

Pressed about such changes, a stammering Klis — the unofficial mouthpiece of the Broncos' front office — quickly (and tellingly) clammed up.
    "You know, I'm gonna — I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm gonna punt on that one," Klis responded. "I don't want to speculate because, you know, if I start naming names or positions ... it comes back and, you know, then it doesn't happen. I'd rather not speculate right now on jobs lost.”

One player Klis might be referring to is running back Melvin Gordon. The former Pro Bowler is under contract with the Broncos through 2021, but his October DUI arrest and scheduled January court date likely will precipitate an NFL suspension, and perhaps the loss of his $13.5 million in guaranteed money.
    "For now, he's going to play the rest of this season. ... He's the hot back. If he finishes this season strong and winds up with 1,000 yards, and the Broncos void his guarantees, maybe there will be a good market for him out there," Klis said. "I'm not sure exactly what the thinking is, but that's where it stands now."
    On the coaching side, Vic Fangio is expected to return as the team's head man and defensive play-caller. His right-hand assistant, de facto defensive coordinator Ed Donatell, is safe as long as Fangio is.
    It's possible, but not probable, the Broncos fire offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur. It's possible, but fairly probable (if not a certainty), they terminate special teams boss Tom McMahon, whose unit is annually among the league's worst.
    There may be a new quarterback coming to town or maybe an exodus of underwhelming and/or highly-paid star talent. Klis' open-ended retorts create a wide array of scenarios, setting into motion weeks of speculation ahead of yet another crossroads offseason.
    sigpic

Klis likes to blow smoke. Buffalo should beat us even if team plays well. The other 2 are winnable, but I still doubt unless Elway quits we will see wholesale changes.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
      Klis likes to blow smoke. Buffalo should beat us even if team plays well. The other 2 are winnable, but I still doubt unless Elway quits we will see wholesale changes.
      He mentions Melvin Gordon which isn’t too far fetched considering the DUI and suspension. The other player he may be referring to could be Von Miller who’s speculated to command 13-15 million in 2021.
      Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-16-2020, 11:23 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

He mentions Melvin Gordon which isn’t too far fetched considering the DUI and suspensions. The other player he may be referring to could be Von Miller who’s speculated to garner of 13-15 million in 2021.
        Yes Gordon is possibly gone and the DUI was stupid. Von Miller could be gone regardless of our record.

Comment

I doubt Gordon is cut because of the DUI, Jackson is still here. Unless Lindsay really turns it up I think you have to keep Gordon, he’s good in pass pro, catches well, and runs hard. The fumbles hurt but they generally come from him fighting for extra yards and not from him carrying it like a loaf of bread.

Edit: Also Klis seems to say this almost every year

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

Yes Gordon is possibly gone and the DUI was stupid. Von Miller could be gone regardless of our record.
            In all honesty I could understand parting with Von, I’d love to see him remain a Broncos but i still don’t see him as a Vic Fangio guy. Von is a pure pass rusher at heart, it’s his strength and talent. No need to force a guy like him to cover the outside zone unless they truly believe he can still make that transition at this point.

If it came down to Von vs Shelby Harris for the same amount, I’d say we keep Shelby Harris! He’s a drive killer in his own right, how many batted passes has he produced to kill offensive drives! He’s every bit as valuable as Von imo.
            sigpic

Comment

I could see Bouye being gone too.

$12 m on CB that gets suspended for PEDs is easily explained away.

And in all honesty he has been a disappointing starter all season IMO. Gets abused every game and is not a leader of the group when you can’t rely on him stopping anyone.

Miller will be an interesting decision. Not sure they give up on him just yet.

The overall context of the “players will pay the price” attitude is strange to me. Want to blame management and coaching? I can see the arguments even if I disagree with it. But the players? Not feeling it.

Entire team lost a lot of talent on both sides of the ball that was expected to be there. Considering what they have to work with I wouldn’t say the team underachieved at all. Some bright spots, some dark moments. But more inconsistent then anything else IMO

Comment

Still waiting for the big move Klis said was coming right before the season started...
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Page 1 of the wannabe insider textbook actually reads:

"Make realistic predictions that are probably going to happen, but still keep them open-ended so if you are wrong, you can still be right".
                  Mike Klis with the hot takes once again

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    Still waiting for the big move Klis said was coming right before the season started...
                    That's funny!
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Gordon is not going anywhere.
                      Bouye will most likely not be coming back
                      Casey will most likely not be coming back unless he does a restructure
                      Shelby harris will most likely be gone. He won over Vick- so hopefully Vick can convince him to stay.
                      Simmons is to watch for to see just how much money he wants. He could price himself out. Which would suck,but he wants top 3 S money. Imo he is not worth that. What works in our favor is the lower cap coming. A lot of teams are going to have to DUMP a lot of players which will saturate the market. Look for a lot of short cheap deals and backloaded contracts to help with the low cap. Bolles contract is a perfect example. Next year he hits like 4mil. So so low. After that it jumps up.

The big moves he meant were with the staff and QB. Qb is fine. Staff aside from ST will likely be back. I hope we get a new punter coach too.
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                        Page 1 of the wannabe insider textbook actually reads:

Mike Klis with the hot takes once again
                        Sports "journalism"
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                        X