X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilkinson renamed starter at RT

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...-dotson-fangio
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

That’s interesting. He did look to be moving better than he was earlier in the season. But as the article noted blitz recognition still is a weak area for him and while Dotson may not move as well his length and experience have allowed him to win more matchups than lose. I guess they feel that Wilkinson’s run blocking will offset what Dotson brought to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      That’s interesting. He did look to be moving better than he was earlier in the season. But as the article noted blitz recognition still is a weak area for him and while Dotson may not move as well his length and experience have allowed him to win more matchups than lose. I guess they feel that Wilkinson’s run blocking will offset what Dotson brought to the table.
      Dotson will probably be active, but they might just go with Anderson as Swing Tackle.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Id heard it was to just give eli a long look to determine if he was going to be back next year or not. Maybe not. Im fine with him as an emergency off the bench guy for OG/T, but I do not like seeing him start anywhere. He does not have it yet. He constantly gets beat and messes up.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Run, Drew, run.

Comment

I wonder if they were considering Wilinson's teamwork rather than just pure ability, because of this part of the article:

“I thought they all three did a nice job, particularly Elijah, who hadn't played in a long time," Fangio said Monday. "Muti had never played in a regular NFL game. I thought they both did good and they were side by side there and I thought they worked well together. I thought Calvin went in and did a nice job also.”
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
              I wonder if they were considering Wilinson's teamwork rather than just pure ability, because of this part of the article:

“I thought they all three did a nice job, particularly Elijah, who hadn't played in a long time," Fangio said Monday. "Muti had never played in a regular NFL game. I thought they both did good and they were side by side there and I thought they worked well together. I thought Calvin went in and did a nice job also.”
              It makes sense if they’re benching Glasgow or if he’s done for the season. If not I’m not sure how much Wilkinson/Muti playing well together really means.

Plus Glasgow has been apart of the protection carousel. All 3 interior guys have been calling out protections at various points in the season and I’m pretty sure it’s mainly been Glasgow although I’ll have to double check.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

It makes sense if they’re benching Glasgow or if he’s done for the season. If not I’m not sure how much Wilkinson/Muti playing well together really means.

Plus Glasgow has been apart of the protection carousel. All 3 interior guys have been calling out protections at various points in the season and I’m pretty sure it’s mainly been Glasgow although I’ll have to double check.
                If the call is a screen to the right, no defender will suspect it, if he slips past Eli.

Comment

I am good with firing who ever thinks Wilkinson should be on the team much less starting RT

He has had moments over his time in Denver but the one consistent is he will screw up badly sooner or later.

Having him on the OL is having a ticking time bomb next to your QB that may get the QB hurt badly.

It is better to play a young guy who may actually grow from the time playing.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    I am good with firing who ever thinks Wilkinson should be on the team much less starting RT

He has had moments over his time in Denver but the one consistent is he will screw up badly sooner or later.

Having him on the OL is having a ticking time bomb next to your QB that may get the QB hurt badly.

It is better to play a young guy who may actually grow from the time playing.
                    On the current roster or PS, who do you have in mind at the T position?

Have never regarded Elijah Wilkinson as a Tackle, but he is young at twenty-five years of age, having entered the league in 2017 at age twenty-two. He had seven starts at RG in 2018 and looked OK. At that position he is probably good depth, but Glasgow, Muti and Schlottmann may make him expendable.

Comment

I swear Wilkinson has some dirt on somebody in the front office or coaching staff. He should not be on an NFL roster.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                        I swear Wilkinson has some dirt on somebody in the front office or coaching staff. He should not be on an NFL roster.
                        i don't think he is an OT in the nfl. but he would make a very good Gaurd, similarity to Michael Schofield who was a terrible tackle but had a decent career as a guard in the nfl.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

On the current roster or PS, who do you have in mind at the T position?

Have never regarded Elijah Wilkinson as a Tackle, but he is young at twenty-five years of age, having entered the league in 2017 at age twenty-two. He had seven starts at RG in 2018 and looked OK. At that position he is probably good depth, but Glasgow, Muti and Schlottmann may make him expendable.
                          When someone has as many bad plays as Wilkinson has had consistently at RT imo it is ok to find anyone and try them at OT. Anyone on any practice squad in the NFL. Some guys may not be scheme fits so not going to try and suggest a name. IMO no team will make the playoffs or develop a young QB with Wilkinson playing at OT.

I wish someone kept a NFL stat for instant pressures allowed that were so bad it wrecked the play or forced the QB into some kind of heroic action to save the play. Also keep track of failed double team choices...you know when two rushers both come at the QB on the snap of the ball but the OL decided to double team a guy to one side while allowing a guys on the other side to run free at the QB. If these stats were tracked I have no doubt everyone would see what I do with Wilkinson. I get there are some plays it is not obvious what happened....but on other plays....it is very obvious.

As to him playing guard...ask the Patriots who love guys that play multiple positions if they need a backup OL who can play guard and OT. My guess is they will look at this guy's ability to wreck plays all on his own and say no thanks...we would rather develop an UDFA.
                          Last edited by Hadez; 12-27-2020, 01:00 PM.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

When someone has as many bad plays as Wilkinson has had consistently at RT imo it is ok to find anyone and try them at OT. Anyone on any practice squad in the NFL. Some guys may not be scheme fits so not going to try and suggest a name. IMO no team will make the playoffs or develop a young QB with Wilkinson playing at OT.

I wish someone kept a NFL stat for instant pressures allowed that were so bad it wrecked the play or forced the QB into some kind of heroic action to save the play. Also keep track of failed double team choices...you know when two rushers both come at the QB on the snap of the ball but the OL decided to double team a guy to one side while allowing a guys on the other side to run free at the QB. If these stats were tracked I have no doubt everyone would see what I do with Wilkinson. I get there are some plays it is not obvious what happened....but on other plays....it is very obvious.

As to him playing guard...ask the Patriots who love guys that play multiple positions if they need a backup OL who can play guard and OT. My guess is they will look at this guy's ability to wreck plays all on his own and say no thanks...we would rather develop an UDFA.
                            Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Have a nice day.
                              Have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                              X