Broncos Country lashing out, make your voice heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Country lashing out, make your voice heard

Here’s a good article talking about the situation with the Broncos, no way it can be ignored anymore. Let’s stand up and actually fight for the Broncos instead of John or Joe. Make your voice heard on the platforms below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....ter-bills-loos

Broncos Fans Call for Elway & Fangio to be Fired After Shocking Bills Loss

Broncos Country lashed out at the team brass after the Bills rolled into Mile High and trounced the home team 48-19.

Following the Denver Broncos' heinous 48-19 defeat at the hands of the Buffalo Bills, a large segment of Broncos Country snapped. Denver's Week 15 loss ensured a fourth-straight losing season for one of the most storied franchises in NFL history.

The Broncos have been bounced from the playoffs and in shameful fashion. Josh Allen rolled into Mile High and proceeded to eviscerate Vic Fangio's defense to the tune of 534 total yards and 41 of the Bills' 48-point total.
    Although quarterback Drew Lock played well at times, he was nowhere near consistent enough to elevate the play around him and keep the Broncos in the game. With regard to Lock, Fangio said afterward that "We didn't help him" and that was evident, though it doesn't absolve the second-year quarterback from his share of the onus.

The defense caved in midway through the third quarter, seemingly quitting on its head coach. When that happens as palpably as it did on Saturday, it often serves as a harbinger of that coach's future with the team.

Only time will tell whether Fangio survives 2020 and is given the chance to lead this team next year. And the same goes for Lock. And maybe even GM John Elway.

If Broncos Country has its druthers, though, Fangio, Lock, Elway, and offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur will be sent packing at season's end, at least, that's the overarching emotion on social media in the immediate aftermath of Week 15. Here's a snippet of the fan reaction to Saturday's debacle,
    encompassing Mile High Huddle's entire social media following.

Mile High Huddle Community

jimtaylor: Fangio is definitely a better coach than Vance Joseph but I am not sure he is cut it to be a head coach. The team has quit on him too many times in the last two years. That being said, I will say he is a hell of a defensive coordinator. Just like Wade Phillips who was a great d coordinator but a poor head coach. If Fangio is fired though, I think Elway has to go with him. No coach is going to want to come here and face all the pressure while never being given a competent team to take the field. In Elway's time as GM no coach has lasted more than three years. That's not a good sign and it points to Elway having issues. No up and coming coach is going to want to go into that situation. So I am of the opinion at this point give Lock, Fangio, and Elway one more year. If they don't figure it out, it's time to clean house like Bowlen did after Josh McDaniels.

CUBuffinTX: This is the Titanic, and the Bowlen Family are making sure this thing sinks to the bottom. Until they sell it and breathe some life into the thing, what you see is what you get. It won't stop there it's going to get worse. Wait till that $10M bill for not having an 'owner' comes due, where is that coming from? The Titans have settled their issue so now it's just the Broncos. They have gone from a well-oiled machine under 'Mr. B' to this and this has to fall at the feet of Joe Ellis and the trust.

ponykiller: The Broncos established a new low in NFL ignominy: Denver is the first team in history to fail to make the playoffs for five consecutive seasons after having won a Super Bowl. Let that sink in.

54MadDog: Rebuild, let [Justin] Simmons, [Elijah] Wilkinson, Fangio, and his staff walk, draft a real inside linebacker and a Von [Miller] replacement. Sign a cornerback and draft one early.

rckMcQ13: Please get rid of Lock in the offseason.

MHH YouTube

JSauer21: It's time to fully clean house and start fresh. Lock's attitude and effort were absolutely terrible like most of the team. Lock is not a franchise QB, [and] this was the nail in the coffin.

lebowski the dude: Elway and [CEO Joe] Ellis need to resign. Stop stealing money from the Broncos organization.

Yea Rite: Fangio needs to go, Elway needs to go! Joe Ellis needs to go! The Bowlen family needs to get it together as owners.

Cloud9 TK: Fire Fangio and draft a new QB.

Nick Trujillo: Drew lock is trash. John Elway is a trash GM. Let's get Matthew Stafford and get back to our winning ways. Lock can't keep up with other teams so what makes you think he can keep up with [Patrick] Mahomes for years to come? [I'm] sick of excuses with our QBs.

MHH Facebook

Robert K: Blame starts at the top... Bowlen would have fired Elway already. Unfortunately, Bowlen probably didn't realize or was not in a full state of mind when he set up passing the team on to a qualified family member.

Matt B: I love Elway but what has he done lately?! The entire coaching staff needs to be run off and replaced. Could the ownership being in limbo be part of the blame? There doesn’t seem to be anyone stepping up to the mic and taking responsibility for their annual demise.

Eric F: Starting now, this team needs a complete rebuild, starting at the top. New GM, new coaching staff, and a serious evaluation of the roster. The GM needs to understand what it takes to compete in modern football (I don’t think Elway does) and put together a coaching staff and roster to do it. Welcome to the 21st century.

Jim W: By keeping Fangio, [the] Broncos are simply delaying the inevitable. He was bad last season, just as bad this season, and there is no evidence to suggest he’ll be better next season!!! While he’s bad, the real problem is lack of ownership and if that isn’t resolved quickly, the NFL is going to come down hard (and rightfully so) on the franchise!!!

Severeno W: This team sucks. I'm just waiting for someone to buy this team, so they can fire everyone in the front office. A fresh start from top to bottom.
    J.D. P: Does anyone think Fangio would take the defensive coordinator job if we 'fired' him, then offered him that position?

Donn D: The Broncos suck. Again. Fangio needs to go.

Perspective to Balance the Negativity
    broncomarco: Sometimes my fellow Bronco fans and the Denver sports media infuriate me. Yes, Josh Allen looked like superman yesterday, but had he played his first two seasons in Denver, he would have been run out of town. Come on, people, for all intents and purposes, Lock is a rookie finishing out his first NFL season. He was not a world-beater yesterday, and he did fumble (Tom Brady would have fumbled on that hit too), but he led his team to three scores (and a long field goal would have made it four. The score should have been 21 or 23 too. Oh, yeah, he did give up one score on a fumble, but the rest of the points scored were not his fault. Give the kid a chance to learn. Give him a normal offseason and a full training camp. Then let's see what he does next year.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-21-2020, 09:48 AM.
    sigpic

I can't say I am surprised by this article. It is getting tiring watching this team spiral downward since the Super Bowl. I don't know who we bring in to solve this mess though. Fangio can coach Defense. Is Munchak a better Head Coach? He was average in Tennessee. Bienemy? Would he really come here? Who is the new GM? I am not trying to be facetious just wonder how it gets better in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
      I can't say I am surprised by this article. It is getting tiring watching this team spiral downward since the Super Bowl. I don't know who we bring in to solve this mess though. Fangio can coach Defense. Is Munchak a better Head Coach? He was average in Tennessee. Bienemy? Would he really come here? Who is the new GM? I am not trying to be facetious just wonder how it gets better in the near future.
      Honestly I think minus Elway and Russell, this coaching staff just may work out.

Fangio needs to manage the clock better and make better decisions when it comes to two point conversions and field goals. Andy Reid wasn’t very good however he finally got it.

Schurmur and Munchak can find their own players and should have the power to do so.

Remember all the praise for Muti last week? Why was an 80 percent Glasgow on the field this week? John dictates who starts based on salary not the best man for the job.

I know Broncomania will attempt to flame me but Eliss wants continuity, fine but find a way to dismiss John and Russell and allow this coaching or whatever coaching staff a fair chance to succeed!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Honestly I think minus Elway and Russell, this coaching staff just may work out.

Fangio needs to manage the clock better and make better decisions when it comes to two point conversions and field goals. Andy Reid wasn’t very good however he finally got it.

Schurmur and Munchak can find their own players and should have the power to do so.

Remember all the praise for Muti last week? Why was an 80 percent Glasgow on the field this week? John dictates who starts based on salary not the best man for the job.

I know Broncomania will attempt to flame me but Eliss wants continuity, fine but find a way to dismiss John and Russell and allow this coaching or whatever coaching staff a fair chance to succeed!
        I see your point. I am not sure Fangio is the Head Coach answer but..... Who is your new Matt Russell and John Elway?

Comment

I don’t want Elway or Fangio fired. Let’s build some consistency. We’ve had a couple good drafts in a row. We should have a decent place in the draft this year to get even more talent. Instead of being impatient and blow things up every year, let’s actually focus on building something great.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

I see your point. I am not sure Fangio is the Head Coach answer but..... Who is your new Matt Russell and John Elway?
            At this point we’d have to trust Eliss to do his diligence to find QUALIFIED Candidates to chose from but guys like Rick Smith, Thomas Dimitrioff, and Adam Peters Come to mind.

At this point could anyone else be much worse?
            If they are, it’d be much easier to dismiss them however they most likely don’t have all the power that John has at the current time.
            Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-21-2020, 11:03 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

And then we wonder why we can't develop a Young quarterback. The media and parts of the fan base in Denver are "hysterical", in the true definition of the word.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                And then we wonder why we can't develop a Young quarterback. The media and parts of the fan base in Denver are "hysterical", in the true definition of the word.
                Gary was doing a fine job with both Brock and Siemian for a short time but who after him could’ve developed a Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson in Denver?

John and Russell can’t seem to find the right coaches to develop a young QB so as long as they are here, don’t expect to see a young QB develop in Denver.
                sigpic

Comment

Gary was doing a fine job with both Brock and Siemian for a short time but who after him could’ve developed a Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson in Denver?

John and Russell can’t seem to find the right coaches to develop a young QB so as long as they are here, don’t expect to see a young QB develop in Denver.
                  It takes a couple years of patience.
                  We will know for sure at the end of next season if Drew Lock can be the guy.
                  For now, we have to "Suck it up Buttercups"

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

It takes a couple years of patience.
                    We will know for sure at the end of next season if Drew Lock can be the guy.
                    For now, we have to "Suck it up Buttercups"

“Buttercups”? Lol

Im all for giving Lock another year, heck I’d like to see him develop under Pat Schurmurello and not Pat Schurmur, meaning as long as Pat is committing to the run and giving Drew a chance to succeed we could see him mature however the ugly throws are still in fact coming though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Anybody who writes an article over ANYTHING based off online comments can find plenty of material to support their own personal biases. I’ve seen better stuff from 7th grade students. Actually, a lot of the responses sound like some JH students I’ve taught.
                      Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                      Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                      Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

I have my doubts about Drew Lock, Fangio, Elway, and the whole organization, BUT, I think that we have to keep the employees we have, to create continuity throughout the whole organization. If we have to go through some rough years and get a bunch of high draft choices that's the way it has to be. I am disappointed to see our team lose, and see these other teams in our division do well. We have got to take the good with the bad.
                        And right now it's all bad.
                        Hopefully it will get better with hard work, dedication and teamwork.

Comment

What would it take to get Trevor Lawrence? This year's 1st and 2nd round picks, our 1st round next year, a 2nd and 3rd in 2023, and give them Elway, Fangio, and Shurmur? Or we could sweeten the deal by NOT giving them Elway, Fangio, and Shurmur. LOL

Even if the Broncos managed to get a top 2 quarterback, I fear with this staff it wouldn't make much of a difference. Aside from the Manning effect, Elway has pretty much struck out on offense since SB50. Why should we expect he'd suddenly "get it"? Fangio was never a proven head coach (or head coach at all). Shurmur....that's a generic brand offensive coordinator, and it shows. That situation makes it even more unlikely Lock would develop in this franchise under these guys.

I feel bad for the good players on this team, or even the ones that might turn out to be decent with the right staff leading the team.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
                            What would it take to get Trevor Lawrence? This year's 1st and 2nd round picks, our 1st round next year, a 2nd and 3rd in 2023, and give them Elway, Fangio, and Shurmur? Or we could sweeten the deal by NOT giving them Elway, Fangio, and Shurmur. LOL

Even if the Broncos managed to get a top 2 quarterback, I fear with this staff it wouldn't make much of a difference. Aside from the Manning effect, Elway has pretty much struck out on offense since SB50. Why should we expect he'd suddenly "get it"? Fangio was never a proven head coach (or head coach at all). Shurmur....that's a generic brand offensive coordinator, and it shows. That situation makes it even more unlikely Lock would develop in this franchise under these guys.

I feel bad for the good players on this team, or even the ones that might turn out to be decent with the right staff leading the team.
                            How about past players that rotted away their prime years such as CHJ, Derek Wolfe, Von Miller? Ellis should’ve taken action years ago!
                            sigpic

Comment

How about past players that rotted away their prime years such as CHJ, Derek Wolfe, Von Miller? Ellis should’ve taken action years ago!
                              Yup. For sure. If I was Justin Simmons, I'd be looking elsewhere and turn my back on this team until it gets real ownership, GM, and staff...not this dumpster fire.

Comment

Working...
                              X