Broncos Country lashing out, make your voice heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    I am also in the crowd that believes we would have not developed Josh Allen into a top tier QB
    Likewise - there has been too much instability in Denver since 2018 and it would have been much more difficult to succeed within those circumstances compared to the Bills. The Broncos saw Josh Allen up-close at the Senior Bowl; I remember reading reports that he had an up and down week. Did the staff that coached the Senior Bowl get the most out of him during the time they had?

Players the Broncos liked from the Senior Bowl and drafted were Isaac Yiadom, DaeSean Hamilton and Troy Fumagalli.

Comment

Yeah, Wyoming didn't really have enough weapons that year to give Allen a real solid evaluation, especially if you are going by just that game. The crime is not the Chubb pick, without an injury he is likely a 2 time Pro Bowler in 3 years of playing. The crime is believing Flacco and Keenum were going to fix the QB problems. Elway knew Lynch was not good and did nothing about it.

I think Elway actually liked Darnold and didn't have to go very far to get him. That may have ended up as a more expensive Lock. Sorry I am also in the crowd that believes we would have not developed Josh Allen into a top tier QB or Darnold if he is salvageable.
      I couldn’t agree with you more. I don’t believe Darnold, Alan, or Jackson would have developed in Denver.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

I couldn’t agree with you more. I don’t believe Darnold, Alan, or Jackson would have developed in Denver.
        Darnold has not developed in NYJ who is to say he would have developed any where. he still seems much the same QB he was when he came out into the draft.

Allen is debatable, but there is something special about him. he if given the patience would have developed any where i believe.

Jackson is special it may have taken him long to truely show up but he would have developed any where i believe.

either way with how the fan base has treated lock i can't see them treating Allen or Jackson differently if they had struggled here. Luckily fans don't make the call on who plays QB for the team, or i feel the broncos would never be able to develop any one. even the best QB have issues and troubles during there rookie year.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Yeah, Wyoming didn't really have enough weapons that year to give Allen a real solid evaluation, especially if you are going by just that game. The crime is not the Chubb pick, without an injury he is likely a 2 time Pro Bowler in 3 years of playing. The crime is believing Flacco and Keenum were going to fix the QB problems. Elway knew Lynch was not good and did nothing about it.

I think Elway actually liked Darnold and didn't have to go very far to get him. That may have ended up as a more expensive Lock. Sorry I am also in the crowd that believes we would have not developed Josh Allen into a top tier QB or Darnold if he is salvageable.
          Problem is our offensive coaching as a whole has sucked since Kubes left.

On Vance's last year I saw coaches doing some good things with the run game. Unfortunately the offensive coaches as a whole failed to even come close to fully leveraging these assets.

This year I am seeing offensive game plans and coaching that seem to have no clue how young we are and how much we struggle in pass protection. I have seen maybe two games this year where our offensive coaching came even close to NFL level. Currently we are last or bottom 4 in so many offensive categories it is blowing my mind.

I think the coaching this team has seen would have failed to develop just about every QB the last 4 years.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Problem is our offensive coaching as a whole has sucked since Kubes left.

On Vance's last year I saw coaches doing some good things with the run game. Unfortunately the offensive coaches as a whole failed to even come close to fully leveraging these assets.

This year I am seeing offensive game plans and coaching that seem to have no clue how young we are and how much we struggle in pass protection. I have seen maybe two games this year where our offensive coaching came even close to NFL level. Currently we are last or bottom 4 in so many offensive categories it is blowing my mind.

I think the coaching this team has seen would have failed to develop just about every QB the last 4 years.
            Oh I totally believe that is the case. Lock is definitely the most mentally sound gifte QB of the bunch but we aren't doing him a lot favors. This is why I am so fed up with management because like I said before can we really develop anyone. Would Herbert look as good in Denver, and he is not perfect but you get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Honestly I think minus Elway and Russell, this coaching staff just may work out.

Fangio needs to manage the clock better and make better decisions when it comes to two point conversions and field goals. Andy Reid wasn’t very good however he finally got it.

Schurmur and Munchak can find their own players and should have the power to do so.

Remember all the praise for Muti last week? Why was an 80 percent Glasgow on the field this week? John dictates who starts based on salary not the best man for the job.

I know Broncomania will attempt to flame me but Eliss wants continuity, fine but find a way to dismiss John and Russell and allow this coaching or whatever coaching staff a fair chance to succeed!
              I don't agree. Fangio is a statue on the sidelines. He shows no emotion and doesn't get in the players face when they need to be corrected (i.e. Parcells, Ditka) He makes asinine comments like "if we can convert on 3rd down, we can keep possession of the ball" Wow! What a groundbreaking thought! (sarcasm)
              Shurmur has no imagination. Let's throw the ball 50 times a game. We're bound to hit on a big play somewhere......
              Don't get me started on McMahon. Pop Warner can play better on ST.

Comment

Working...
              X