X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    We really only paying him 17.5 mil plus a 0.5 mil workout bonus.

The rest of the cap hit is past money we played with to sign some QB not even on the team today.
    Pass rusher money is crazy right now and even though Von Miller’s failed to perform at the level that everyone expects him to,he can still perform an above mediocre level.

My point is, we know him and so does the team, with that said, who are we going to sign right now to replace him that his actually better than he is for less money?

The only logical way to replace him is through the NFL draft, so hopefully the Broncos find somebody to replace him this draft because I do not see him resigning in 2022.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    We really only paying him 17.5 mil plus a 0.5 mil workout bonus.

The rest of the cap hit is past money we played with to sign some QB not even on the team today.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    I love Von but with that huge contract and at his age I wasn’t a fan of resigning him but it’s just for one year so no big deal.

The Pass rusher market/pay is crazy right now and it made more sense to keep him than sign someone else but I don’t expect him to resign next off-season unless the team makes a substantial run in the post season.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I don’t think it means anything at this point.

Seems like the police might not have even made a recommendation for charges and might be leaving it completely up to the D.A. office.

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied
    Police turn over investigation into allegations against Broncos LB Von Miller to DA's office (nfl.com)

What does this mean ?

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

The Broncos do not have to cut him. It is a club option.

In 2021 He counts over 4 mil against the cap because of a contract restructure we did in the past to sign free agents. This happens regardless of where Von plays in 2021.

If we pick up the Club Option in 2021 we actually paying him 17.5 mil + 0.5 mil workout bonus.

I was obviously late to party 🎈 like 5 days late when I found out about this and the truth be told I do not want to see Von Miller #58 ever leave the Denver Broncos organization and go to another team as #58 is the Face of the Franchise and is only 31. Von is still an Elite Pass Rusher and I know that the past 2 years have been rough especially knowing that Last Year Von was primed to have a 20 sack season for that to only go to waste on a Completely Freak Injury. The Denver Broncos and all of us in Broncos Country want to see what the real Von and Chubb combo can do for an entire year and I do hope that this is the year. I just would be devastated to see Von on another Team You always need an Elite Pass Rusher plus all Denver has to do is get into the playoffs this Year and once in the Playoffs Von can be that Wrecking Ball all the way to the Super Bowl Championship much like what he did in 2015 and Von can still do that indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I just read that Denver might cut him However No Way I Say Von is the Face of This Franchise. I say Denver will keep him !! I hope !!
    The Broncos do not have to cut him. It is a club option.

In 2021 He counts over 4 mil against the cap because of a contract restructure we did in the past to sign free agents. This happens regardless of where Von plays in 2021.

If we pick up the Club Option in 2021 we actually paying him 17.5 mil + 0.5 mil workout bonus.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    I hope Miller is willing to move on his contract and the Broncos keep him. He's been a cornerstone of that defense and was always a Bronco. Would be nice to see career guys like him retire a Bronco. Maybe they could do something more incentive based, that gives the Broncos some protection if he doesn't perform, and gives him really good rewards if he does?

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by Bozack View Post

It's her. I don't know why she's lying to protect him, but as we all know, it happens all the time in abusive relationships out of fear. All I'm saying is if she changes her mind or they find out the truth, it's a wrap for him.
    I don't know what's worse....the media for all of its haste to write a story and the inherent inaccuracies that go with it, or the ones like yourself who make crap up based on your emotions and spout it like it's fact.

Innocent until proven guilty, buddy. It's in our Constitution. One day if it's every you being accused of something, maybe you can absorb the value of that.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I just read that Denver might cut him However No Way I Say Von is the Face of This Franchise. I say Denver will keep him !! I hope !!
    I'm with you, I hope they don't cut him but at the same time his cap hit needs lowered.

Von should work out an extension reducing his salary because 1 he made his big money over last 5 years and 2 - he coming off an injury costing him a whole season, not to mention the year before was a down year.

I feel like von may want to stay in denver and retire a bronco which would be awesome, so let's hope a new team friendly deal can get done

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    yea there are a lot of teams saying this imo

If he becomes a free agent I hope it is not to the division because pretty sure he will be a wrecking ball to the Denver passing game that Shurmur tries to run.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    Isn't that the look for a team that never won a SB???

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    2021 AFC cut candidates: Viable releases and potential surprises (nfl.com)

Here's Gregg Rosenthal's (NFL Network) take:

1) Von Miller, OLB, Denver Broncos: The Broncos are in better salary cap shape than most, but this was always going to be an inflexion-point year for Miller, even if he wasn't coming off a dislocated tendon in his ankle that forced him to miss all of last season, due to his contract's club option for 2021. Miller's performance had already dipped before the injury and the Broncos can save $18 million against the cap by declining the option. Also, news broke in January that Miller was under criminal investigation, with the team releasing the following statement: "We are aware of an investigation involving Von Miller and are in process of gathering more information."

It's hard to overstate Miller's excellence or importance to the Broncos over the last decade. The Hall of Fame-caliber pass rusher could still have good years left, albeit at a reduced price. He could renegotiate a pay cut with Denver, but hitting the market is more likely.

2) Jurrell Casey, DT, Denver Broncos: It was always going to be a challenge for Casey to reach the final season of a four-year, $60.4 million extension he originally signed with the Titans. Denver had high hopes for Casey after acquiring the five-time Pro Bowler via trade last March, but he missed most of the season with an injury. The Broncos can save $11.9 million in cap space by cutting the 31-year-old.

If Von was part of a Watson deal I would be fine with it, given the above. Not sure they would want him that bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X