Tony Jones 1966 - 2021 Am l missing something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Jones 1966 - 2021 Am l missing something

Tony Jones the starting right tackle on the Broncos 1997 - 1998 repeat super bowl team passed away two days ago , I didn't see any mention of it on this forum , I'm not a great one for saying rip to someone I never knew but just thought it was a bit strange that I saw nothing about it here and only thought it common courtesy to mention it .

I get what you’re saying.

I didn’t even recognize his name when I heard the news.

Maybe that’s a compliment to an offensive lineman

RIP Tony Jones.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      I get what you’re saying.

I didn’t even recognize his name when I heard the news.

Maybe that’s a compliment to an offensive lineman

RIP Tony Jones.

It's kind of weird when I got into the NFL in 1987 you could get live games on radio in England on 873 medium wave on the American forces network Europe , Jack Buck and Hank Stram were regular commentators as was Jack Ham , they'd often emphasise the trenches in their commentary and partly because of that it was the area I found most interesting outside of qb , John Madden helped too , the game presentation seems to be missing something nowadays in comparison in overlooking that area imo .

Comment

Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post

It's kind of weird when I got into the NFL in 1987 you could get live games on radio in England on 873 medium wave on the American forces network Europe , Jack Buck and Hank Stram were regular commentators as was Jack Ham , they'd often emphasise the trenches in their commentary and partly because of that it was the area I found most interesting outside of qb , John Madden helped too , the game presentation seems to be missing something nowadays in comparison in overlooking that area imo .

Oh yes I remember AFN Europe, broadcasting out of Germany, I believe. So many late nights switching between 873 and two other frequencies trying to get a stable signal, made worse by fog in the English channel. So many times they would give score updates, just as the signal started to drift.. Ah it brings back misty memories of the good old days....So glad technology has moved on from 6 hours of dodgy radio coverage and the monthly Touchdown magazine...

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

Oh yes I remember AFN Europe, broadcasting out of Germany, I believe. So many late nights switching between 873 and two other frequencies trying to get a stable signal, made worse by fog in the English channel. So many times they would give score updates, just as the signal started to drift.. Ah it brings back misty memories of the good old days....So glad technology has moved on from 6 hours of dodgy radio coverage and the monthly Touchdown magazine...
          The Gridiron UK monthly magazine did that come out in 84 ? I ordered one of their leftover issues from I think 84 which featured Mick Luckhurst , and the First Down weekly paper did that come out in 85 ? specific years interest me I don't really know why , I enjoyed Touchdown's draft issues , was it Nick Halling doing the analysis ?

do you remember was it Ken Allen on AFN announcing the college football scores was it at halftime of the 1 pm est games on Sunday evenings , they seemed to go on forever !!

Comment

Never saw the news thank you for posting here

Sad to see him pass away. He was a real anchor to our OL in the back to back SB wins.

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
            X