• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post
    That's very old news....
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Trade down in first. Pick up another 2nd rounder. Draft Zaven Collins and double dip in CB's in the second round. Give Lock one more year...and if he IS as bad as he showed this year and still shows no development...we should still have another top 10 pick.
      New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        If the Panthers get Watson, maybe we get Bridgewater?
        Smack yoself!🤦‍♂️
        Last edited by broncolee; 02-27-2021, 02:12 AM.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

If they stick with Lock And bring in a Vet backup, I was thinking Bridgewater wouldn't be the worst idea if the price was right?

Comment

Okay. I can support that.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

No way do I ever want to see Teddy Bridgewater in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Smack yoself!🤦‍♂️
                He he he

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

BTW I did your research for you. Your claim of the percent of first round QBs is technically correct. However, it is also inaccurate as to how the teams got them.

Lamar Jackson - first round
                  Josh Allen - first round
                  Pat Mahomes - first round
                  Baker Mayfield - first round
                  Jared Goff - first round
                  Mitchell Trubisky - first round
                  Ryan Tannehil - free agent
                  Russell Wilson - 3rd
                  Alex Smith - trade

Aaron Rodgers first round
                  Ben Roethlisberger - first round
                  Philip Rivers - free agent
                  Drew Brees - free agent
                  Tom Brady - free agent

So using Ear's "logic" of playoff QBs we see that of the 14 QBs that made the playoffs last year, 8 were first round picks of the TEAM THAT ACTUALLY DRAFTED THEM. 4 were acquired as free agents and Russ was a third and Smith was traded for a third and a player.

Yes, there's a preponderance of first round picks. How many of those picks were actually made by other teams? Are you sure you want to exclude FA QBs as a way to make the playoffs? In case last year in the NFL isn't enough, take a look at the QBs that lead the Broncos to the playoffs over their entire history. I'll wait.
                  It is not that strange that there are a lot of first round QBs both at the top and bottom.
                  We can discuss what success and failure looks like when drafting QBs. First round QBs fail a lot but a lot less than 2nd, 3rd.....rounders.
                  Tom Brady has blurred the picture a lot, but generally the ones having some mode of playoff success heavily tilt to the top 11/12 (leaving room for Big Ben/Watson) and there are quite few first round QBs drafted 12-32 that has won in the playoffs.
                  This report explains it well - though I focus on winning more than playing.
                  https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...d-quarterbacks
                  Draft a QB top 10 in the draft is no garantee, but finding a Russell Wilson is rare.

Comment

I keep hearing Mitchell Trubisky with rumors about the Broncos????

Comment

If there are rumors about Trubisky to Denver, it has to be because of Fangio. FIRE 🔥 HIM!!
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I don't get the call for guys that are below mediocre, unless it's purely for back-up. Maybe it's fans who went to the same college or are related to these guys? Now, I can understand Minshew because of his mustache, but other than that.....

Comment

Even if it were competition a stretch for Trubisky to be helpful. He would have to learn a new Offense and has never showed a ton of potential at least not any more than 4 games here or there and hey Denver has got that from Lock.

Comment

I also saw the Patriots could possibly be a landing spot for him as well?

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              If there are rumors about Trubisky to Denver, it has to be because of Fangio. FIRE 🔥 HIM!!
                              That's a sign of desperation. What a huge mistake if we bring in Trubisky....another re-tread.
                              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

I'm gonna add a bit to my original reply: I heard a few interesting things about him. First, he's started something like over 50 games, and he's never thrown a pick 6. I guess that's something of a record. His presence as QB increased the Chicago offense average point by about 6 points, whereas Lock only improved the offensive production by 1 point. And, Chicago has a pretty poor run game. His accuracy percentage is about 64%, which isn't completely horrid, and he threw half as many INTs as he did TDs. So, the guy isn't a total train wreck.

This doesn't mean he's the direction I think the Broncos should go. He's mediocre, and that isn't what I think the Broncos should chase. His first year numbers were very Lock-looking, but he did much better his 2nd year. But, it's still marginal, and the Broncos need much better. Bringing a Trubiski in would be disrupting the progression of Lock for very little good reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X