No announcement yet.

Jesse Palmer on what QBs the broncos may look at grabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if we could get him fairly cheap he would be a decent QB? We would have a legitimate quarterback competition, and may the best QB Win.
    Nothing long term, see how things go next year. We at least have to have more wins than losses next year or we gotta clean house.
    I think, We gotta go at least 9-7 or (9-8 if we play a 17 week season.)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
      I if we could get him fairly cheap he would be a decent QB? We would have a legitimate quarterback competition, and may the best QB Win.
      Nothing long term, see how things go next year. We at least have to have more wins than losses next year or we gotta clean house.
      9-7 is a great goal if you think your team is in position to make a strong post season run the following year. But, I think that's around the ceiling with Trubiski, which isn't a good thing if you want an SB capable team.

I don't see Trubisky going toe to toe with guys like Mahomes or Rodgers or anyone of that caliber. Now, if Lock managed to get that 9-7 while looking good, I'd say that's a better situation since we wouldn't know Lock's ceiling, while I think we've seen Trubisky's. I still think shooting for Wilson in the draft is the way to go, if we're looking for an option should Lock not improve.
      Last edited by DiveInstructor; 03-05-2021, 02:16 AM.

Comment

I think if we could get him fairly cheap he would be a decent QB? We would have a legitimate quarterback competition, and may the best QB Win.
        Alex is officially available

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Alex is officially available
          Alex is good!

​​​​​​ (I'm not sure how much it would cost to get Alex Smith, I wouldn't want to spend too much loot on him?)

Comment

Alex Smith's availability as a free agent was expected, and there has probably been talk in Bronco land. My belief on trading for those Big name QB's has diminished some.

There is some belief that Lock, given a full camp, entire year with the same personnel and coaches one direction they can go. SAVE those draft picks for building the team. A veteran to mentor and back up Lock, but mostly a chance to win games if called upon. Is their such a guy ?

I think a CB, or maybe find that Al Wilson type of LB with the # 9 pick. This would be a good start, and we will see how Payton and Team improves the roster. Free agents signings. This seems as a do-or-die season for the team. Never mind the ownership issue. Looking forward in 2021.

Comment

Alex is good!

​​​​​​ (I'm not sure how much it would cost to get Alex Smith, I wouldn't want to spend too much loot on him?)
              Keenum got 36 for 2 years with the broncos, with 25 upfront.

With Smith coming off injury I could see the Broncos offering between 28-32 for 2 years but this is AFTER they try and sell the farm for Watson.

Comment

Keenum got 36 for 2 years with the broncos, with 25 upfront.

With Smith coming off injury I could see the Broncos offering between 28-32 for 2 years but this is AFTER they try and sell the farm for Watson.
                keenum was promised a starting gig. Smith should not be. if we offer anything to smith it should be around 10m a year or high back up money.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I wonder how much Alex Smith is worth?
                  Maybe 5 mill a year on a one year deal?

Comment

I wouldn’t mind going the Alex Smith route.

Give him back up money with incentives if he wins the starting job.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

keenum was promised a starting gig. Smith should not be. if we offer anything to smith it should be around 10m a year or high back up money.
                      You under stand Drew would be doing Alex's laundry if signed. Lock woould not be the starter after Camp.

Comment

Im telling you, the guys Watson.

A deals in place but Houstons must be dragging their feet trying to see if they can salvage a relationship.
                        Every reliable source I have seen says Houston has Zero interest in trading Watson.

People may as well stop hoping for the inferior unavailable QB....start putting packages together for Wilson he is better imo

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I wonder how much Alex Smith is worth?
                          Maybe 5 mill a year on a one year deal?
                          You want us to offer him Kicker money? I'm insulted for him.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Every reliable source I have seen says Houston has Zero interest in trading Watson.

People may as well stop hoping for the inferior unavailable QB....start putting packages together for Wilson he is better imo
                            There’s no way they don’t trade Watson by draft day.

Just don’t want Denver to be the ones to get him.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post

You want us to offer him Kicker money? I'm insulted for him.
                              Nice to see you back posting! I haven't heard from you in awhile, I wouldn't give more than the vet minimum to that old cripple. I thought I was being generous at 5 million year for a backup old-timer.
                              Just kidding around, he is a good QB and if he can get paid, I will be happy for him!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

There’s no way they don’t trade Watson by draft day.

Just don’t want Denver to be the ones to get him.
                                Just curious how much experience do you have looking at someone who you think is making a dumb decision but no matter what you think they keep going down that path? People do people things man.

Everything I have seen from reliable sources tells me we are more likely in for a Le'Veon Bell situation than a Cutler situation. Yea things can change quickly but I have seen ZERO from the Texans to say it will change.
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X