Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roushmartin6
    replied
    If the Texans are gonna move watson they need to soon. He's got a big contract and teams will want to know how much money they got to work with for free agency

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

The Texans are playing it smart.

McNair may have screwed up by making a promise he shouldn’t have made, but that’s a separate issue.

They’re handling the trade demand the right way, at least for now anyway.

They’re trading him by draft day.

If they wait until the first day of the draft, they might be able to get 4 first round picks for him.
    I think the more teams involved in the trade offers the better for the Texans. The Texans already lost out on Det and the Rams. After free agency they will lose out on some other teams. As teams starting giving free agents money there will be less teams who can take on Watson's contract.

The same people talking about maybe Watson will be traded are also suggesting the Wentz deal will give some teams leverage to think they can offer less for Watson. I give this point about as much credibility as I give the concept Watson will be traded.

If Wilson truly becomes available (about the same probability as Watson imo) then Wilson's credentials make him far more desirable than Watson which will reduce Watson's value.

The longer the Texans wait imo the less they will get.
    Last edited by Hadez; 03-06-2021, 10:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I would really like Alex Smith. I think this team makes the playoffs with Smith. Also think a vet like Smith is EXACTLY what Lock needs to see.

Smith probably still thinks he is a starter. He will probably chase starter opportunity over money imo. Not sure how many teams will want him but there will be some. Really hope Paton chases Smith hard. Hope we keep his base pay down and offer lots of incentives. Think Smith will look at our talent on offense...see Lock's injury history...and see a great opportunity.

Would be great for him to get some wins against KC
    I like the idea of a incentive-based contract. And if he could beat the Chiefs, he would kind of be a hero since we haven't beat them in many, many, years.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

Just curious how much experience do you have looking at someone who you think is making a dumb decision but no matter what you think they keep going down that path? People do people things man.

Everything I have seen from reliable sources tells me we are more likely in for a Le'Veon Bell situation than a Cutler situation. Yea things can change quickly but I have seen ZERO from the Texans to say it will change.
    The Texans are playing it smart.

McNair may have screwed up by making a promise he shouldn’t have made, but that’s a separate issue.

They’re handling the trade demand the right way, at least for now anyway.

They’re trading him by draft day.

If they wait until the first day of the draft, they might be able to get 4 first round picks for him.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I wonder how much Alex Smith is worth?
    Maybe 5 mill a year on a one year deal?
    I would really like Alex Smith. I think this team makes the playoffs with Smith. Also think a vet like Smith is EXACTLY what Lock needs to see.

Smith probably still thinks he is a starter. He will probably chase starter opportunity over money imo. Not sure how many teams will want him but there will be some. Really hope Paton chases Smith hard. Hope we keep his base pay down and offer lots of incentives. Think Smith will look at our talent on offense...see Lock's injury history...and see a great opportunity.

Would be great for him to get some wins against KC

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied

Nice to see you back posting! I haven't heard from you in awhile, I wouldn't give more than the vet minimum to that old cripple. I thought I was being generous at 5 million year for a backup old-timer.
    Just kidding around, he is a good QB and if he can get paid, I will be happy for him!
    thanks man! hope you're good!

I think the minimum I could see him taking is around $10-15M, but I'm honestly expecting him to hang em up this offseason.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

There’s no way they don’t trade Watson by draft day.

Just don’t want Denver to be the ones to get him.
    Just curious how much experience do you have looking at someone who you think is making a dumb decision but no matter what you think they keep going down that path? People do people things man.

Everything I have seen from reliable sources tells me we are more likely in for a Le'Veon Bell situation than a Cutler situation. Yea things can change quickly but I have seen ZERO from the Texans to say it will change.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post

You want us to offer him Kicker money? I'm insulted for him.
    Nice to see you back posting! I haven't heard from you in awhile, I wouldn't give more than the vet minimum to that old cripple. I thought I was being generous at 5 million year for a backup old-timer.
    Just kidding around, he is a good QB and if he can get paid, I will be happy for him!

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

Every reliable source I have seen says Houston has Zero interest in trading Watson.

People may as well stop hoping for the inferior unavailable QB....start putting packages together for Wilson he is better imo
    There’s no way they don’t trade Watson by draft day.

Just don’t want Denver to be the ones to get him.

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    You want us to offer him Kicker money? I'm insulted for him.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Im telling you, the guys Watson.

A deals in place but Houstons must be dragging their feet trying to see if they can salvage a relationship.
    Every reliable source I have seen says Houston has Zero interest in trading Watson.

People may as well stop hoping for the inferior unavailable QB....start putting packages together for Wilson he is better imo

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

keenum was promised a starting gig. Smith should not be. if we offer anything to smith it should be around 10m a year or high back up money.
    You under stand Drew would be doing Alex's laundry if signed. Lock woould not be the starter after Camp.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I wouldn’t mind going the Alex Smith route.

Give him back up money with incentives if he wins the starting job.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Keenum got 36 for 2 years with the broncos, with 25 upfront.

With Smith coming off injury I could see the Broncos offering between 28-32 for 2 years but this is AFTER they try and sell the farm for Watson.
    keenum was promised a starting gig. Smith should not be. if we offer anything to smith it should be around 10m a year or high back up money.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X