Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Players don't want to participate in Minicamps....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Players don't want to participate in Minicamps....

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/04/...amp-covid-nfl/
    https://twitter.com/NFLPA/status/138...089409/photo/1

Broncos largely sucked, but they wanna throw out that that play across the league was better last year in the mostly virtual environment? Uh, what....

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1382040401746464769

McManus:

“We work out (MON-THU) players leave on the weekend. How do you test to come back in the building? People take vacations out of the country and come back in and test positive and they’re amongst us. There’s been nothing agreed upon." (more) #9sports
    Alexander Johnson:

Hell nah!! I’m not with the COVID-19 excuses... Plan Pandemic!!
    Last edited by BroncosIsLife; 04-13-2021, 11:47 AM.

Time for the replacements to saddle up.

I call dibs on Shurmur's position.

Comment

I would understand this if it was Tampa Bay or KC, teams that have achieved something. This is a losing team that needs to build a team chemistry. This shows that our team doesn’t have the leadership they need.
      sigpic

Comment

Players not ready to come to war with Lock at the helm. Its just that simple........

Hes not a leader

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          Players not ready to come to war with Lock at the helm. Its just that simple........

Hes not a leader
          I agree, and their are no other leaders on this team either! A team that went 5-11 last year should be doing everything in their power to get better. If Lock can’t get them together, Courtland Sutton should be, on the other side Simmons and Von should be on the phone telling the team let’s go!!!
          Team’s do not improve by doing their own thing.

If Peyton & Demarcus Ware were still on the team this would be different.
          Last edited by 58Miller; 04-13-2021, 02:40 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

I agree, and their are no other leaders on this team either! A team that went 5-11 last year should be doing everything in their power to get better. If Lock can’t get them together, Courtland Sutton should be, on the other side Simmons and Von should be on the phone telling the team let’s go!!!
            Team’s do not improve by doing their own thing.

If Peyton & Demarcus Ware were still on the team this would be different.
            100%

Unfortunately Von got his already and is just here for another 7mil on the way out the door.......his days of leadership are over. Simmons I fully agree.

Comment

Yea, I don't want to pay for my season tickets by the end of the month! Get to work!

Comment

NFLPA using our players as chips in their game. With no owner to speak on the matter it’s an easy target.

I’m scared the Broncos will also do what the Bills did and make you take the vaccine. Scary world we live in.

Comment

Apparently the NFL is making employees take the shot or not work closely with teams or players

Comment

I think the players as a whole didn’t negotiate in good faith to establish proper protocols.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

SEA is a playoff contender and have RW as their QB. Pete and RW have been there for years... missing OTAs won’t impact them much in 2021...

If I am DEN, especially Drew Lock, who lost their offseason last year and missed a valuable 1K reps to develop chemistry and muscle memory...

Man, I would put my career and winning ahead of appeasing vets and NFLPa.

Lock and this offense need to workout and practice together.

Major fail for DEN to opt out...

when we stink come OCT, and the offense can’t score, I don’t want to hear about missing offseason practices.
                      Last edited by fraguela09; 04-13-2021, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                        SEA is a playoff contender and have RW as their QB. Pete and RW have been there for years... missing OTAs won’t impact them much in 2021...

If I am DEN, especially Drew Lock, who lost their offseason last year and missed a valuable 1K reps to develop chemistry and muscle memory...

Man, I would put my career and winning ahead of appeasing vets and NFLPa.

Lock and this offense need to workout and practice together.

Major fail for DEN to opt out...

when we stink come OCT, and the offense can’t score, I don’t want to hear about missing offseason practices.
                        Exactly!! We no where Tom Brady will be putting in the work with the rest of the defending champion Bucs!
                        sigpic

Comment

So wait, let me understand this...

One of the worst teams in football where the narrative was "lack of offseason workouts" was a huge factor in the lack of chemistry, lack of offensive production, lack of wins; this team now declares that offseason workouts won't affect their performance, and they feel "unsafe" participating? Now all of the sudden the virtual meetings were successful and productive? What is this, politics? (I kid...)

Let's forget about the vaccine being available because that could obviously be political like everything else in this world however what I see is this:

They're fine showing up for the NFL season when they're making millions, with much closer contact to people from opposing teams.. but not fine showing up to practice where they're seeing the same people every day and being less physical? Are you telling me there's no testing going back into the building? No one has the leadership to keep the team in line for a couple days at a time?

There's no "fear of safety" here. This is just laziness. This is a bunch of spoiled professional football players who value their time at "Gameday paycheck" level rather than "Practice paycheck" level.

I've never been so dejected and unenthusiastic about an upcoming season BEFORE the draft. I get no feeling from this team that they actually give a damn about winning or losing. Von is happy because he gets to be overpaid for another year. Simmons has been losing constantly and I've never heard him be upset or outspoken about it. Jeudy just gets upset when he doesn't get targets and then drops half his balls when he does. Lock seems to be trying to improve but understandably probably doesn't feel like he can be a leader without some play on the field to back it up.

Hey, if you win the superbowl and bring back the same team.. go ahead and skip the voluntary program. If you're Seattle and you make the playoffs and bring back the same offense, be my guest. But this team? sheesh... We need an owner to curb this madness.

Comment

This is a ploy by the union to gain more power and job security for veterans.

They were supposed to be negotiating safety protocols and it seems rather clear that they weren’t negotiating in good faith.

It’s absolutely unnecessary for teams to vote to not show up for voluntary workouts.
                            Last edited by broncolee; 04-14-2021, 08:09 AM.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Hey if they dont wanna show up its fine, protect themselves. BUT....... When they are losing we will BOOOOOO the h*ll out of them. I dont wanna hear excuses about people getting hurt, people not having enough time, if the Broncos miss the play offs, heads need to roll, and people need to be fire/release. When the Broncos are losing and AJ makes a tackle, I better not see a dinosaur dance. These players need to be held accountable, and I dont wanna hear them on social media telling fans "we tried, dont boo us" because I will Booo them out of Denver. You want to go on vacation? Party, be part of a losing team every year, you should of join the Jets, here in Denver expectations are high every year.

This is what happens when your team has no leadership, they act like the Jets, Browns, teams that has never won a championship. Welcome to Paton's New leadership, you all wanted it, you all got it. A team of people who already sign off before the season started.
                              Last edited by Chronoless; 04-14-2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X