Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Players don't want to participate in Minicamps....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And as quickly as this all started, it ends. With the NFL announcement that the first two phases of OTAs will be completely virtual, and that the on the field part will take place under the strict 2020 covid protocols, Brandon McManus announced that the Broncos players will now revisit the issue. Also of note the Broncos have scheduled a mass vaccination clinic for all of the players, coaches and team employees on April 21st.

The boycott was a quick one.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ason-decision/

Comment

So basically, four teams threw a tantrum for no reason.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post

This is what happens when your team has no leadership, they act like the Jets, Browns, teams that has never won a championship. Welcome to Paton's New leadership, you all wanted it, you all got it. A team of people who already sign off before the season started.

Patons New Leadership ? The guy just got here, and I think so far he has made some Good moves. The Draft is approaching so lets see what happens. This team has not even taken the field yet. Hopefully you can give him some slack.

Comment

Since more then half the teams have announced they will not be participating... all “bad leadership”?

Comment

So despite the statement the Broncos had 100% of their players attend virtual meetings today, and more than 20 players showed up to take part in the organized lifting (which started today) including Drew Lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              So despite the statement the Broncos had 100% of their players attend virtual meetings today, and more than 20 players showed up to take part in the organized lifting (which started today) including Drew Lock.
              So if I am understanding correctly our Denver Broncos players are motivated to put in the work to start to get back to performance level.. Good to hear.

Comment

Just curious about which players showed up. Have seen Lock, Riesner and Glasgow mentioned.

Any others identified? Offensive or Defensive players? WRs, TEs and RBs ?

Maybe even a J. James sighting? If there was ever a player that needed to build his reputation by team bonding... it would be James.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  Just curious about which players showed up. Have seen Lock, Riesner and Glasgow mentioned.

Maybe even a J. James sighting? If there was ever a player that needed to build his reputation by team bonding... it would be James.
                  he's gotta get ready for another 63 snaps for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post

he's gotta get ready for another 63 snaps for us.
                    I’m trying really hard to give him the benefit of doubt, but it is hard!

I tend to think he can return this year and be a solid OT for most of it. Not expecting a full 16 games but a solid starter.

My skepticism comes into play because I am surprised he is not trying to integrate himself back with the team and fans. Some interviews with Bronco reporters, some well placed social media comments for teammates to see. Maybe a workout video like we saw Bolles and Johnson share last off-season. Some form of expressing a passion to be a part of the team this season.

For all I know, he was lifting yesterday with the team and showing off his incredible work ethic and gains. Or maybe he wasn’t. That is the problem. We have no idea. Hopefully the team has some insight.

Comment

It’s probably mostly players with workout bonuses that showed up.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Not sure, but from what I've read they expect the numbers to grow as the programs go on.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                          It’s probably mostly players with workout bonuses that showed up.
                          I think some, but the Broncos have had more than 20 players working out at the complex during the entire offseason, so it was probably those same players.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I think some, but the Broncos have had more than 20 players working out at the complex during the entire offseason, so it was probably those same players.
                            How do you find that info?
                            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

How do you find that info?
                              Benjamin Allbright posted it on Twitter on Monday, but in posting it he quoted a story from Mike Klis.

EDIT: As for which Broncos have workout bonuses, in looking it up there are 4 players with workout bonuses in their contracts, Von Miller, Graham Glasgow, Dalton Risner and Drew Lock.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/

Comment

Working...
                              X