Ja'Wuan James Tears Achilles...Expected To Miss 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

If he was working out away from the facility without authorization from the team, it’s a non football injury.

This was confirmed by a memo from the NFL management council to all teams.
    I think historically there has been a lot of leeway given on honoring contracts during off-season injuries though.

If he was lifting or running it is one thing. If he was playing a pickup game in a driveway or while riding an ATV it is another.

It matters. We are all enthusiastic when we see Bolles playing with big chains or Meinerz and Johnson carrying logs for a workout. Would be hypocritical to void their contracts for non approved workouts IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

I think historically there has been a lot of leeway given on honoring contracts during off-season injuries though.

If he was lifting or running it is one thing. If he was playing a pickup game in a driveway or while riding an ATV it is another.

It matters. We are all enthusiastic when we see Bolles playing with big chains or Meinerz and Johnson carrying logs for a workout. Would be hypocritical to void their contracts for non approved workouts IMO.
      There’s nothing hypocritical about it. Rules is rules.
      With the players union orchestrating a boycott of OTAs, it’s important for the teams to remind them of what’s at stake.

From what was said on the radio show Moving the Chains, James stopped working at the facility because the union told him to. That’s on him.

From a rules standpoint, it doesn’t matter what he was doing. It only matters that he did it away from the team facility.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

If the union told him to not be there, he needs to go ask the union to pay for his lost $10 million. Call Brandon McManus as ask him for a 10 million dollar check, he is the Broncos union head.

Comment

Working...
        X