Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Bezos Interested In Buying The Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jeff Bezos Interested In Buying The Broncos

    Jeff Bezos interested in buying Denver Broncos - TSN.ca


    Amazon founder and executive chairman Jeff Bezos is rumoured to be interested in buying the Denver Broncos, according to A.J. Perez of Front Office Sports.

    Denver is expected to be put on the market in 2022 by the family of previous owner Pat Bowlen, who died in June of 2019.

    The Broncos are expected to go for a price of around $4 billion, which is only about two per cent of Bezos' net worth.

    American rapper and entrepreneur Jay Z is also reported to be interested in buying the Broncos should they become available for sale. His net worth is estimated to be around $1.4 billion, Perez writes.

    Jay Z, whose given name is Shawn Carter, previously owned a piece of the NBA's Brooklyn Nets before selling his shares.




    Well if you want a rich owner, and one who likes to take risks....this might be the guy.

  • #2
    Sign me up for Bezos... Go big or go home

    Comment


    • #3
      If he treats Broncos players and employees the way Amazon treats their employees, .........

      I'd much rather have Jay-Z. Too bad there's no chance for local ownership.

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't want Bezos. He reminds me of a Daniel Snyder type of owner. I wish the Kroenke's could buy the Broncos but with the Rams, Nuggets and Avs already, there's no way. Of any celeb owner I'd probably want Cuban. I just hope we find get an owner that doesn't meddle, understands what the Broncos mean to Denver and is competitive and not one that's only after fame and fortune.

        Comment


        • #5
          that is deeply upsetting
          sigpic
          BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

          Comment


          • #6
            I am of the option that Bezos wants to win whatever he’s doing - problem could quickly be if he’s Jerrah
            Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

            Comment


            • #7
              Not a fan of this.

              Comment


              • #8
                I heard Jay-Z was also in the running. If he moves the Broncos to Brooklyn, I just may become a Br... NAH!

                But whoever buys them, good luck.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't have the local knowledge you folks have, or the knowledge of those who closely follow the organizational situation there, but isn't it time for new ownership? Hey, deep pockets and a successful past can't be the worst thing ever. And I am not sure that Bezos would run The Broncos the way he does Amazon. I could be wrong.

                  As for Jay-Z, sure, why not. These are very, very rich and influential people, who know how to win.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It is too bad the Bowlen family can not get this figured out. Having a “ family” ownership that is as passionate and invested about the team is my preference. But not sure that is feasible anymore with corporate ownerships becoming the norm.

                    My biggest concern about Bezos, Jay Z or frankly any new owner is them wanting to move the team. Secondly, how “ involved” will they be in decision making? Thirdly, just don’t be a buffoon like Balmer with the Clippers.

                    Selling the team may be reality. But most of the potential outcomes kind of suck unless the new owner lets the professionals do their job and just enjoys the game on Sundays like the rest of us. Not sure the Bezos’ of the world know how to be hands off. Just not their nature.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                      It is too bad the Bowlen family can not get this figured out. Having a “ family” ownership that is as passionate and invested about the team is my preference. But not sure that is feasible anymore with corporate ownerships becoming the norm.

                      My biggest concern about Bezos, Jay Z or frankly any new owner is them wanting to move the team. Secondly, how “ involved” will they be in decision making? Thirdly, just don’t be a buffoon like Balmer with the Clippers.

                      Selling the team may be reality. But most of the potential outcomes kind of suck unless the new owner lets the professionals do their job and just enjoys the game on Sundays like the rest of us. Not sure the Bezos’ of the world know how to be hands off. Just not their nature.
                      Well, Bezos did play "astronaut" recently, BUT I don't see him playing QB, or hopefully, not GM either. His strength might be to make The Broncos an even more valuable asset. And I believe he'd be big on winning. However, not knowing the possibilities of moving warrants concern. But Denver is such a fabulous location for a football team, and it has such a great history!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                        Well, Bezos did play "astronaut" recently, BUT I don't see him playing QB, or hopefully, not GM either. His strength might be to make The Broncos an even more valuable asset. And I believe he'd be big on winning. However, not knowing the possibilities of moving warrants concern. But Denver is such a fabulous location for a football team, and it has such a great history!
                        I grew up an avid Rams fan from the mid 60s. Watching Frontiere gut the team, disrespect the stars and fans and then force the Rams out of LA was gut wrenching. I still am a bitter man about it. Causes me to be cynical about owners and motives.

                        Only good thing that came out of it was becoming a Bronco fan. Partly because of that great history. I would hate to see that ruined. In this case, it is hard not to be a “glass half empty” kind of fan.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                          I grew up an avid Rams fan from the mid 60s. Watching Frontiere gut the team, disrespect the stars and fans and then force the Rams out of LA was gut wrenching. I still am a bitter man about it. Causes me to be cynical about owners and motives.

                          Only good thing that came out of it was becoming a Bronco fan. Partly because of that great history. I would hate to see that ruined. In this case, it is hard not to be a “glass half empty” kind of fan.

                          I get it....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                            Well, Bezos did play "astronaut" recently, BUT I don't see him playing QB, or hopefully, not GM either. His strength might be to make The Broncos an even more valuable asset. And I believe he'd be big on winning. However, not knowing the possibilities of moving warrants concern. But Denver is such a fabulous location for a football team, and it has such a great history!
                            Accepting him as the owner because he is good at business, is like saying hey lets sign Ray Rice, who cares what else he does he is a good football player and will win us games. However, if Brittney doesn't get the team and Bezos is truly interested, its his no one can or will outbid him.




                            sigpic
                            BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Not a fan of either. Both guys have a lot of priorities outside of football. I know all the owners do, but you won’t ever hear about it because the team comes first for the majority of the owners. I’d question where they would put the Broncos on their priority list.

                              Whether you like Brittany or you like Beth, I think it’s in the best interest to have one of them own the team. Having the owner in the building the majority of the time is important to the team whether the guys on the team realize it or not. Plus with Brittany or Beth owning the team you don’t have to worry about them going anywhere. Jay-Z sold his stake in the Nets because he wanted to open an agency, Bezos might want to pursue time travel or whatever crazy idea that occurs when you’re the richest person, buying the Broncos is just them satisfying another itch that needs to be scratched.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X