Jeff Bezos Interested In Buying The Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipablo View Post

Accepting him as the owner because he is good at business, is like saying hey lets sign Ray Rice, who cares what else he does he is a good football player and will win us games. However, if Brittney doesn't get the team and Bezos is truly interested, its his no one can or will outbid him.

To be fair, I would put my eggs on a good businessman over a great football player, in terms of this discussion. Elway has proven to be a good Exec, like Ozzie Newsome, even though they were both quality football players....so I am thinking they could be good owners as well. But those types are few in number. I tend to believe that great business people can do well in many different industries. Provided they surround themselves with quality management/support.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
      I don't want Bezos. He reminds me of a Daniel Snyder type of owner. I wish the Kroenke's could buy the Broncos but with the Rams, Nuggets and Avs already, there's no way. Of any celeb owner I'd probably want Cuban. I just hope we find get an owner that doesn't meddle, understands what the Broncos mean to Denver and is competitive and not one that's only after fame and fortune.
      ​​​​​​
      Well kroenke owns my local english premier league team arsenal but i’m not sure how someone can own 8 sports clubs and have a proper interest in the team you follow , also since his full ownership of arsenal in 2011 he should have fired arsene wenger much earlier instead of letting him stay another seven years.

I’d look at a team like chelsea fc as a good model to follow , they had better defensive and holding midfield traits than arsenal when roman abramovich took over in 2003 and possibly abramovich got lucky in acquiring jose mourinho but i don’t see whats difficult about following that model of setting up a team thats difficult to break down and beat , maybe he knows more about nfl football than soccer but his soccer record tells me in that field at least he doesn’t really know what he’s doing.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

To be fair, I would put my eggs on a good businessman over a great football player, in terms of this discussion. Elway has proven to be a good Exec, like Ozzie Newsome, even though they were both quality football players....so I am thinking they could be good owners as well. But those types are few in number. I tend to believe that great business people can do well in many different industries. Provided they surround themselves with quality management/support.
        I don't think you got my point. I stated Ray rice because of his off the field issues. it has nothing to do with football or business, I have no doubt Bezos would turn Denver into a Cowboy level organization as far as nationwide reach and money generation. Its a morality thing, No one wanted Ray rice no matter how good he was at football because off the field he is an abuser. Bezos, i don't care how good at business he is, he's good at business at the expense of his employees. I am not on board with that and don't want my favorite football team run by him.
        sigpic
        BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Gut feeling... I don't like the Bezos idea. Or Jay-Z. Or any famous person/celebrity. Just feel like it could end up being a circus.

And if anyone ever tries moves this team... they should be stripped of ownership. And I will say this...if the Broncos move, I will never be a fan of the organization wherever it goes.... period.

Denver has a loyal, passionate fanbase. A unique home field advantage in the altitude. And a history of much success.... keep it that way.

Comment

I don't think you got my point. I stated Ray rice because of his off the field issues. it has nothing to do with football or business, I have no doubt Bezos would turn Denver into a Cowboy level organization as far as nationwide reach and money generation. Its a morality thing, No one wanted Ray rice no matter how good he was at football because off the field he is an abuser. Bezos, i don't care how good at business he is, he's good at business at the expense of his employees. I am not on board with that and don't want my favorite football team run by him.
            I did miss your point. I saw Rice and thought Jerry Rice, and somehow moved on. Yikes, I thought you meant something about an exceptional player, which clearly was off your topic. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I did miss your point. I saw Rice and thought Jerry Rice, and somehow moved on. Yikes, I thought you meant something about an exceptional player, which clearly was off your topic. Sorry.
              haha its all good.
              sigpic
              BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

haha its all good.
                No wonder I was confused about the angle you were taking!!!

^^^^this is the look I had trying to figure out the "Jerry" Rice / Bezos comparison.....

Comment

Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post

​​​​​​
                  Well kroenke owns my local english premier league team arsenal but i’m not sure how someone can own 8 sports clubs and have a proper interest in the team you follow , also since his full ownership of arsenal in 2011 he should have fired arsene wenger much earlier instead of letting him stay another seven years.

I’d look at a team like chelsea fc as a good model to follow , they had better defensive and holding midfield traits than arsenal when roman abramovich took over in 2003 and possibly abramovich got lucky in acquiring jose mourinho but i don’t see whats difficult about following that model of setting up a team thats difficult to break down and beat , maybe he knows more about nfl football than soccer but his soccer record tells me in that field at least he doesn’t really know what he’s doing.
                  To be clear in my earlier post I said it won't happen. The main reason being Stan Kroenke already owns the Rams. As far as Kroenke Sports is concerned, they own the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rapids, Denver's Ball arena and Altitude Sports (kind of like Denver's local ESPN sports station). The Nuggets and Avs are both well run and are contenders for championships these upcoming seasons.

As far as Stan running the Rams, he's one of the wealthiest owners in the NFL but you never hear a word from him, unlike Jerry Jones. Stan Kroenke hires people and lets them do their jobs, like Pat Bowlen did. But again, it won't happen because he owns the Rams and I doubt the NFL will let Josh Kroenke have an NFL team, and even if the NFL did, the Kroenke's would have to give up their other Denver franchises.

Comment

When 4 bil is only 2% of your net worth, you need to adopt me as your favored son.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

To be clear in my earlier post I said it won't happen. The main reason being Stan Kroenke already owns the Rams. As far as Kroenke Sports is concerned, they own the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rapids, Denver's Ball arena and Altitude Sports (kind of like Denver's local ESPN sports station). The Nuggets and Avs are both well run and are contenders for championships these upcoming seasons.

As far as Stan running the Rams, he's one of the wealthiest owners in the NFL but you never hear a word from him, unlike Jerry Jones. Stan Kroenke hires people and lets them do their jobs, like Pat Bowlen did. But again, it won't happen because he owns the Rams and I doubt the NFL will let Josh Kroenke have an NFL team, and even if the NFL did, the Kroenke's would have to give up their other Denver franchises.
                      I’m pretty sure the only reason why the Denver teams are in the kids’ names is because the Rams are not a Denver team.

If Kroenke gave up the Rams and bought the Broncos, he could stop pretending the kids own the Nuggets and Avs. He could own all of them because they’re in the same market.
                      Last edited by broncolee; 09-14-2021, 09:17 PM.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I don't want Bezos. He reminds me of a Daniel Snyder type of owner. I wish the Kroenke's could buy the Broncos but with the Rams, Nuggets and Avs already, there's no way. Of any celeb owner I'd probably want Cuban. I just hope we find get an owner that doesn't meddle, understands what the Broncos mean to Denver and is competitive and not one that's only after fame and fortune.
                        I think Cuban is closer to Jerry Jones than Art Rooney.

One of the reasons there was an HR problem with Mavs is that Cuban was more focused on the team operations than the business operations and day to day office matters. I could do without the owner as face of the franchise model.
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I think Cuban is closer to Jerry Jones than Art Rooney.

One of the reasons there was an HR problem with Mavs is that Cuban was more focused on the team operations than the business operations and day to day office matters. I could do without the owner as face of the franchise model.
                          As a qualified in my earlier comment when I said "celebrity owner". Under these circumstances, I would take Cuban because he's won a championship with the Mavs but not a big fan of him as Broncos owner. I just prefer him over Bezos and/or JZ.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I’m pretty sure the only reason why the Denver teams are in the kids’ names is because the Rams are not a Denver team.

If Kroenke gave up the Rams and bought the Broncos, he could stop pretending the kids own the Nuggets and Avs. He could own all of them because they’re in the same market.
                            NFL team owners can't own any other sports franchises other than Arena teams in the NFL team's home city. When Stan Keoenke bought the Rams he had to give up the Nuggets and Avs so he "transfered" ownership and management to Josh Kroneke, who's done a good job with both the Nuggets and Avs.

My choice of the Kroenkes is just my opinion for conversation. The actual situation is too complicated for Josh Kroenke to be a legit consideration for the next owner of the Broncos and Stan is fine with owning the Rams in LA. And I'm not sure the other owners would approve the same family owning two teams.

Comment

For those concerned about the team being moved, other than St. Louis, where is there to move a team?

St. Louis lost the Rams for the same reason Los Angeles did the first time and Oakland lost the Raiders.

When a city doesn’t ante up for a stadium, they lose the team.
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

NFL team owners can't own any other sports franchises other than Arena teams in the NFL team's home city. When Stan Keoenke bought the Rams he had to give up the Nuggets and Avs so he "transfered" ownership and management to Josh Kroneke, who's done a good job with both the Nuggets and Avs.

My choice of the Kroenkes is just my opinion for conversation. The actual situation is too complicated for Josh Kroenke to be a legit consideration for the next owner of the Broncos and Stan is fine with owning the Rams in LA. And I'm not sure the other owners would approve the same family owning two teams.
                                Don’t the Pegulas still own the Sabres?

The Benson family that owns the Saints also owns the Pelicans.
                                Last edited by broncolee; 09-15-2021, 12:25 AM.
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X