Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Bezos Interested In Buying The Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I really like the thought-
    For all the good and bad we often hear about Bezos and Amazon it does often come with backdrop of competition.

    Comment


    • #32
      I suppose I don't really care who runs the team as long as they view winning as a priority and don't move the team.

      Although between the two (Bezos and Carter), I think I'd rather have Jay-Z.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
        I suppose I don't really care who runs the team as long as they view winning as a priority and don't move the team.

        Although between the two (Bezos and Carter), I think I'd rather have Jay-Z.
        Jay Z would have to be a minority owner.

        I would prefer someone with deep pockets who won’t have to bargain shop.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

        Comment


        • #34
          Just saw that Steve Ballmer is now being linked to a potential Broncos sale.

          I just threw up a bit in my mouth at the mere thought!

          The man is such an ass! I want no part of seeing his embarrassing antics connected in any way to the Broncos.

          There has to be better buyers lined up and accepted.

          Comment


          • #35
            I think that The Broncos, with their legacy, will be a very valuable asset to anyone who owns it. I can see various folks interested. What's a few billion between friends?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              Just saw that Steve Ballmer is now being linked to a potential Broncos sale.

              I just threw up a bit in my mouth at the mere thought!

              The man is such an ass! I want no part of seeing his embarrassing antics connected in any way to the Broncos.

              There has to be better buyers lined up and accepted.
              Wouldn’t the NFL not allow him to buy the Broncos since he owns a basketball team in another market?

              They’re not going to let him move the team to L.A.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                Wouldn’t the NFL not allow him to buy the Broncos since he owns a basketball team in another market?

                They’re not going to let him move the team to L.A.
                Honestly don’t know enough about the NFL rules concerning owners with multiple teams/ cities/ sports.

                Not a problem I typically have to resolve in my life. Lol

                As for Ballmer moving the team, not sure why he would want to. It’s a saturated market already. He is building his own Clips arena so who knows what he plans to do. Just don’t like his business tactics or over the top personality.

                Comment


                • #38
                  https://www.yahoo.com/sports/theres-...025042019.html

                  yes, but keep the Broncos in Denver
                  Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Pruke View Post
                    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/theres-...025042019.html

                    yes, but keep the Broncos in Denver
                    You did read the article?

                    Maybe my reading comprehension is lacking because my interpretation of the article is Bezos can do whatever he wants if he becomes an owner. He immediately becomes the Big Man on Campus among the owners due to his wealth being more them all the owners combined.

                    A major point of the article is for Bezos to be asked to join the owners club as the best avenue for the NFL to go international.

                    So unless they sell him an expansion team, the article seems to be selling the possibility of the Broncos ( or any Bezos owned team) being located in London.

                    Not exactly an outcome I prefer as a Denver Broncos fan.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      How would it not be a conflict of interest for Bezos to own an NFL team?
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                        You did read the article?

                        Maybe my reading comprehension is lacking because my interpretation of the article is Bezos can do whatever he wants if he becomes an owner. He immediately becomes the Big Man on Campus among the owners due to his wealth being more them all the owners combined.

                        A major point of the article is for Bezos to be asked to join the owners club as the best avenue for the NFL to go international.

                        So unless they sell him an expansion team, the article seems to be selling the possibility of the Broncos ( or any Bezos owned team) being located in London.

                        Not exactly an outcome I prefer as a Denver Broncos fan.
                        I did - my point was if he is permitted to buy the team, I would hope the trust would force language preventing the team from being relocated - hence yes I’d be ok but only if they stay in Den - that’s all
                        Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                          You did read the article?

                          Maybe my reading comprehension is lacking because my interpretation of the article is Bezos can do whatever he wants if he becomes an owner. He immediately becomes the Big Man on Campus among the owners due to his wealth being more them all the owners combined.

                          A major point of the article is for Bezos to be asked to join the owners club as the best avenue for the NFL to go international.

                          So unless they sell him an expansion team, the article seems to be selling the possibility of the Broncos ( or any Bezos owned team) being located in London.

                          Not exactly an outcome I prefer as a Denver Broncos fan.
                          As I'm moving back to London next year after 12 years in Africa, I would be so co flicted about the Broncos relocating there... Purely selfishly, and superficially, I would be delighted, but the guilt would eat away at me, and the identity of the team would change beyond recognition. It would be the Broncos in name only. The Broncos belong in Denver. Full stop.
                          Besides, I really don't believe the UK has enough of a fan base to support and NFL franchise. Sure for the exhibition games and the overseas games that are/where played they packed them in... but the crowds are composites of 32 teams fanbase and the curious/wealthy.

                          But if Bezos wants an expansion club in London, I'm all in on the London Amazon's... it will be my second favourite NFL team ever!!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

                            As I'm moving back to London next year after 12 years in Africa, I would be so co flicted about the Broncos relocating there... Purely selfishly, and superficially, I would be delighted, but the guilt would eat away at me, and the identity of the team would change beyond recognition. It would be the Broncos in name only. The Broncos belong in Denver. Full stop.
                            Besides, I really don't believe the UK has enough of a fan base to support and NFL franchise. Sure for the exhibition games and the overseas games that are/where played they packed them in... but the crowds are composites of 32 teams fanbase and the curious/wealthy.

                            But if Bezos wants an expansion club in London, I'm all in on the London Amazon's... it will be my second favourite NFL team ever!!

                            Agreed with that , one of the things that made me a Bronco fan here in London is somehow a calendar found its way onto our kitchen wall in the mid 80’s , all of the monthly pictures were of broncos and wild horses running on the North American plains and mountains , it got me interested in that area and subsequently the Broncos , also the name of the London Broncos rugby league team just sounds pretty stupid to me.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Absolutely not. I don’t want anything to do with him. This guy is a billionaire yet treats his employees like crap. I hate this guy so much that I refuse to buy anything from Amazon.

                              He should pay his fair share of taxes, build another rocket ship, launch it and stay up there for all I care. Just keep his grubby hands off my Broncos.
                              Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-09-2021, 06:38 AM.
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I don't care about the owner. I just know I am over all of this family drama crap hanging over the team. It's the kids form the first marriage vs the kids from the second marriage. No time for that. Just get them out, get Elway out and bring in new blood and new money.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X