Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Bezos Interested In Buying The Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
    I don't care about the owner. I just know I am over all of this family drama crap hanging over the team. It's the kids form the first marriage vs the kids from the second marriage. No time for that. Just get them out, get Elway out and bring in new blood and new money.
    I agree completely regarding the entire Bowlen/former leadership - I just want all of the family drama to go away (they'll all be filthy, dirty rich) and I really want The Trust to stop stealing huge paychecks for zero performance and accountability. But, also, I actually care about the owner. I hope they find someone who cares about winning and leading a top quality football franchise. Set the goals high and then reach them with integrity and honesty.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
      I don't want Bezos. He reminds me of a Daniel Snyder type of owner. I wish the Kroenke's could buy the Broncos but with the Rams, Nuggets and Avs already, there's no way. Of any celeb owner I'd probably want Cuban. I just hope we find get an owner that doesn't meddle, understands what the Broncos mean to Denver and is competitive and not one that's only after fame and fortune.
      Maybe Jeff and Stan can sit down and hammer out a deal where Jeff gets the Rams and Stan gets the Broncos. Then All of Stans' teams would be in Denver.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by mark222b View Post

        Maybe Jeff and Stan can sit down and hammer out a deal where Jeff gets the Rams and Stan gets the Broncos. Then All of Stans' teams would be in Denver.
        But wouldn't having Bezos be out of this world?!

        Comment


        • #49
          Again, no to Bezos. He seems like a guy who'll be a constant distraction as an owner and that's the last thing we need. We need an owner who's all about football and not into other nonsense. We don't need an owner who makes as many headlines as the team does.

          Comment


          • #50
            Personally I don’t care, as long as it gets resolved but Bezos being an NFL owner would make Trump go ballistic. That would be entertaining and worth it.

            Comment


            • #51

              Comment


              • #52
                Not sure if it will ever happen, but I'd love it if The Mannings got involved!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Not sure if it will ever happen, but I'd love it if The Mannings got involved!
                  I've thought about that. A complete outsider is unlikely to set the appropriate culture and benchmarks for the team (e.g. Bezos <it would simply be another rich guy bragging trinket for him>). But, if Peyton could line up the funding, which I imagine he can, I think he might be able to establish the proper environment for a return to relevance for Denver. Elway was successful for a while even with the crooks in the Trust stealing checks this whole time. Yes, I am aware of Elway's failures but I'm also aware of his successes. For a while, the Elway persona was beneficial in drawing quality vets to Denver. I think Peyton could do the same thing. Plus, I think Peyton might benefit from watching what Elway did wrong and possibly avoid similar mistakes. After enduring the Trust ownership, petty family drama, and the chaos since 2016 - I really would like the Broncos to re-set and perform like a professional, billion dollar, sports franchise.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

                    I've thought about that. A complete outsider is unlikely to set the appropriate culture and benchmarks for the team (e.g. Bezos <it would simply be another rich guy bragging trinket for him>). But, if Peyton could line up the funding, which I imagine he can, I think he might be able to establish the proper environment for a return to relevance for Denver. Elway was successful for a while even with the crooks in the Trust stealing checks this whole time. Yes, I am aware of Elway's failures but I'm also aware of his successes. For a while, the Elway persona was beneficial in drawing quality vets to Denver. I think Peyton could do the same thing. Plus, I think Peyton might benefit from watching what Elway did wrong and possibly avoid similar mistakes. After enduring the Trust ownership, petty family drama, and the chaos since 2016 - I really would like the Broncos to re-set and perform like a professional, billion dollar, sports franchise.
                    I so want Peyton as the Owner.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

                      I've thought about that. A complete outsider is unlikely to set the appropriate culture and benchmarks for the team (e.g. Bezos <it would simply be another rich guy bragging trinket for him>). But, if Peyton could line up the funding, which I imagine he can, I think he might be able to establish the proper environment for a return to relevance for Denver. Elway was successful for a while even with the crooks in the Trust stealing checks this whole time. Yes, I am aware of Elway's failures but I'm also aware of his successes. For a while, the Elway persona was beneficial in drawing quality vets to Denver. I think Peyton could do the same thing. Plus, I think Peyton might benefit from watching what Elway did wrong and possibly avoid similar mistakes. After enduring the Trust ownership, petty family drama, and the chaos since 2016 - I really would like the Broncos to re-set and perform like a professional, billion dollar, sports franchise.
                      Dude, I need to read more of your stuff! This is good material.

                      I am a big believer in "top down" accountability, and most often when you see struggling teams, or businesses, it's because of leadership at the top. Whereas good owners typically utilize good management practices, including respectful treatment of employees, intelligent human resourcing selection, strategic financing and effective long and short term business planning. There's more to it, but it's basically sound management, which filters down the organization.

                      It may not be apparent, but this has likely been a very significant reason for our drought.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                        Dude, I need to read more of your stuff! This is good material.

                        I am a big believer in "top down" accountability, and most often when you see struggling teams, or businesses, it's because of leadership at the top. Whereas good owners typically utilize good management practices, including respectful treatment of employees, intelligent human resourcing selection, strategic financing and effective long and short term business planning. There's more to it, but it's basically sound management, which filters down the organization.

                        It may not be apparent, but this has likely been a very significant reason for our drought.
                        I'm on board with all you stated. I agree, I think that has been Denver's biggest problem (in hindsight).

                        I would advise against reading too much of my posts. I try hard to be balanced but there are a LOT of those hyper-emotional, keyboard tough guy rants that are fun to write. Here's to a tide turning 2021-2022 season in Denver.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

                          I'm on board with all you stated. I agree, I think that has been Denver's biggest problem (in hindsight).

                          I would advise against reading too much of my posts. I try hard to be balanced but there are a LOT of those hyper-emotional, keyboard tough guy rants that are fun to write. Here's to a tide turning 2021-2022 season in Denver.


                          Same goes the other way, I have some "tendencies".

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Make it happen!


                            ​​​​​​​
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	peyton-manning-5.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	573.2 KB
ID:	8395303
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              ^^^^good luck this weekend!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                                ^^^^good luck this weekend!
                                Thanks Dave. I'm gonna need it.

                                Thank you for being a good commish as well.
                                Adopted Poster
                                AZ Snake Fan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X