Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncolee
    replied
    None of those cities are going to get an NFL team. San Diego could be the exception but unlikely unless the Chargers go back. Wouldn’t make sense for another team to try to do what the Chargers couldn’t do.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBreeder
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    For those concerned about the team being moved, other than St. Louis, where is there to move a team?

St. Louis lost the Rams for the same reason Los Angeles did the first time and Oakland lost the Raiders.

When a city doesn’t ante up for a stadium, they lose the team.
    Some US cities wanting an NFL team...

Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Salt Lake City, Columbia (SC), and San Diego.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Also, according to Mike Klis, Denver native billionaire Robert F. Smith is not interested in becoming the first African-American owner of an NFL franchise.

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...d-cf31a932c117
    To me, great news.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Also, according to Mike Klis, Denver native billionaire Robert F. Smith is not interested in becoming the first African-American owner of an NFL franchise.

Really?? That sucks!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I hope this guy represents the group I am pulling for.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	1f56c337dfa0f35aeb94bf9051d2f542.png
Views:	74
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	8405501

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Broncos announce team is for sale, hope process is complete by start of 2022 season

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/02/0...team-for-sale/
    Thx pal!

This is why you don't wait for new ownership to be in place before you make key transactions. The organization is in the middle of change, with a new HC, and soon to be new OC. We need to prepare for FA and The Draft, and in so doing, need at least one new QB. Life goes on. New ownership will be a big plus if we get a good group, but we can't wait. However we will be much better off for it, because a good group will be a significant value add going forward.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroncosDivision
    replied
    Broncos announce team is for sale, hope process is complete by start of 2022 season

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/02/0...team-for-sale/

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Lemme fire up the special golden cell phone and see if he's willing to put down his caviar and get that stewardess off of his lap long enough to sign the paperwork. He'll never miss the money.
    Haha.

Knowing how Buffet operates, it's more like he's chewing on a $3 McDonald's breakfast that he purchased in drive thru.

Leave a comment:

• Pruke
    replied
    Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
    I rather have someone with ties to Colorado.
    Agreed - less likely to move the team (to London)

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Give him a call.

(j/k....he could definitely buy The Broncos. Then maybe we could buy his stock and some portion of The Broncos might be ours!!)
    Lemme fire up the special golden cell phone and see if he's willing to put down his caviar and get that stewardess off of his lap long enough to sign the paperwork. He'll never miss the money.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    What about Warren Buffett? He's supposed to be a Bronco fan. He's worth eleventy brazillion dollars. He said he dreamed of owning the WTF's when he was a kid.
    Give him a call.

(j/k....he could definitely buy The Broncos. Then maybe we could buy his stock and some portion of The Broncos might be ours!!)

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    What about Warren Buffett? He's supposed to be a Bronco fan. He's worth eleventy brazillion dollars. He said he dreamed of owning the WTF's when he was a kid.

Leave a comment:

• Chronoless
    replied
    I rather have someone with ties to Colorado.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruke View Post

i agree - the sooner his mess of clouds is out of the way, the sooner we can see the sunlight - have we heard about any potential groups beyond Manning v Elway (as parts of a group vs solo)?
    I don't know too much more other than Elway's group, The Mannings, Bezos, maybe Jay-Z, Robert F. Smith and some other rumours. Bottom line, the league is looking for billionaires.
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-29-2022, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X