Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officially Official Now...Broncos for sale....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post

I don't know that to be a true statement. Can you elaborate?

Regardless, from what I've read so far, he doesn't strike me as your typical rich and entitled heir like mr. blood of the city and already has personal roots and interests in Colorado. That alone is a great sign.

A couple of highlights:
    • He already spends time in Colorado and is said to love the state. Once called it his permanent home
    • He is a former high school and college football player
    • He was 18 when the first Walmart store opened and wasn't born into great wealth
    • He is said to be the anchor of the current Walton family tree
    • He is very meticulous and is said to have a photographic memory
    • He is highly educated, a lawyer (like the late Pat Bowlen) and holds a private pilot license
    • He isn't new to overseeing a big operation (former Walmart CEO)

Based on what we know and his personality traits, I'd argue he's a highly qualified candidate at least despite his age. However, there needs to be a clear succession plan in place, whether that's his son-in-law and current Walmart chairman, Greg Penner or Robson's child, Carrie Walton (married to Greg).
    Hear he has a nice car collection. 😀
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Hear he has a nice car collection. 😀
      I think there are little but important telltale signs.

The fact that he pilots his own plane, when he could be sitting in the back drinking champagne, tells me a great deal about his character and that he's not a diva heir. The fact that he's meticulous tells me that this bid isn't just to show off his ego. If that were the case, he would have bought the Panthers back in 2018. He wants the Broncos. The fact that he's completed Iron Man training like Pat Bowlen shows grit and determination. He doesn't just talk, he gets things done.

Now let me see that garage of his and I'll report back to you Sam!
      Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I think there are little but important telltale signs.

The fact that he pilots his own plane, when he could be sitting in the back drinking champagne, tells me a great deal about his character and that he's not a diva heir. The fact that he's meticulous tells me that this bid isn't just to show off his ego. If that were the case, he would have bought the Panthers back in 2018. He wants the Broncos. The fact that he's completed Iron Man training like Pat Bowlen shows grit and determination. He doesn't just talk, he gets things done.

Now let me see that garage of his and I'll report back to you Sam!
        He has driven some of his racing sports cars in vintage races.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I don't know that to be a true statement. Can you elaborate?

Regardless, from what I've read so far, he doesn't strike me as your typical rich and entitled heir like mr. blood of the city and already has personal roots and interests in Colorado. That alone is a great sign.

A couple of highlights:
          • He already spends time in Colorado and is said to love the state. Once called it his permanent home
          • He is a former high school and college football player
          • He was 18 when the first Walmart store opened and wasn't born into great wealth
          • He is said to be the anchor of the current Walton family tree
          • He is very meticulous and is said to have a photographic memory
          • He is highly educated, a lawyer (like the late Pat Bowlen) and holds a private pilot license
          • He isn't new to overseeing a big operation (former Walmart CEO)

Based on what we know and his personality traits, I'd argue he's a highly qualified candidate at least despite his age. However, there needs to be a clear succession plan in place, whether that's his son-in-law and current Walmart chairman, Greg Penner or Robson's child, Carrie Walton (married to Greg).
          This right here is why I think he would be and should be the choice. Out of all the other so called Bidders this Man should be it as long as he promises to keep the Denver Broncos in Colorado and not move them to Little Rock, AR.

Comment

Philip Anschutz was once rumored to have interest in the Broncos when valuations were more reasonable. He's known as a tough negotiator looking for a great deal. You're not getting that this time around with the Broncos when there are so many involved entities looking to buy.

Perhaps more importantly, he's 82 and a recluse at heart. The latter in particular wouldn't mesh well with some of the rules in place that you must abide by as an owner in the NFL.
            His age is a big factor and my comment is only who I want, not who will be the new owner. My number 1 priority by far is for the new owner to keep the team in Denver and has a least some idea of what the team means to the community.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

This right here is why I think he would be and should be the choice. Out of all the other so called Bidders this Man should be it as long as he promises to keep the Denver Broncos in Colorado and not move them to Little Rock, AR.
              Could you imagine the legal battle that would ensue between him and the NFL if he were to try to move the team to Arkansas? There’s no way in hell the owners would approve that move and at least 24 of them would have to agree to it.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I agree with you.

As for relocating the Broncos, consider this. Only Dallas Cowboys have a higher valuation without being a coastal city/connected by water. There's a reason for that and it isn't the current stadium deal or earnings. It largely has to do with Denver being the primary city for hundreds of submarkets spread across the plains and Mountain West, with no city to rival the size of Denver. Additionally, you can't buy loyalty and Denver has that in abundance when it comes to its beloved Broncos. It's always been a football town.

Never say never but you would be hard pressed to find a similar city elsewhere. To my knowledge at least, it simply doesn't exist.

In the end, I wouldn't worry about Walton having such desire. Historically, he has shown great interest in the state of Colorado and is probably the least likely candidate (of the ones known to public so far) to move it out of state or country. All the more reason to hope he pulls through on this bid.
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Rumor ? Move to Arkansas ?

You think they have the fan base as the Broncos currently have in Denver? Not happening as their are not many opportunities for business advantages as there are in Denver.

This $$$$ that is spent is not going down the drain, he will use all the advantages owning the Broncos and I understand there is an immediate Tax advantage in owning a NFL Team. Never mind the family competition during their reunions.

I like him a lot as a owner.

Comment

Report: Broncos Ownership Front-Runner Rob Walton Plans to Build New Stadium

Click image for larger version

Name:	dd560a63-3e6b-409f-ad5a-6cb80055ab7c_750x422.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	8416076

Several key financial and personal factors appear to be in play which make Walton, a multi-billionaire, the leading candidate, or at least according to Woody Paige's sources:
                    • He has the desire to build a new state of the art stadium to house the Broncos in Denver.
                    Perhaps what will make even the most apathetic Broncos fans sit up and take notice is the fact that sources have suddenly revealed that a new stadium could well be in the pipeline. Dangling such a juicy carrot could instantly prove to be a pivotal bargaining chip with which to capture the hearts and minds of Broncos Country and also serve to smooth the sale process moving forward.

Traditionally, merely proposing the construction of a new stadium is often shamelessly aimed at garnering easy headlines and capturing positive PR momentum to garner support for public investment. Establishing that the potential new owner means business is always a good image to project and particularly to a success-starved fan base.
                    Full article:
                    https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...er-new-stadium
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

The Broncos could diversify the NFL’s ownership, but nepotism is getting in the way

Click image for larger version  Name:	skysports-los-angeles-rams_5673682.jpg Views:	0 Size:	334.3 KB ID:	8416555

According to a source close to the bidding process, Walton has offered to sweeten the deal by committing $1 billion toward a new stadium in Denver, and he has also indicated that he will just outbid any of the other groups who try to make a serious run at ownership.

“I know there’s a lot of backroom dealing, and the billionaires are all just playing with people’s lives, like they’re chess pieces,” the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to their proximity to the sale process, said. “But at the end of the day, what we do know is that Stan Kroenke, he has basically been lobbying and pressuring other team owners on behalf of [Rob Walton] to say, there’s only one group that you guys should and will vote for, and [the owners are] a similar group. So it’s really, from kind of every angle, the process seems to have been rigged in the favor of Rob Walton, which unfortunately for the league, is kind of a perpetuation of the same reality that’s causing all the issues with minorities and social justice.
                      Full article:
                      https://www.sbnation.com/2022/5/12/2...n-stan-kroenke
                      Last edited by BroncosDivision; 05-15-2022, 12:36 AM.
                      Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

The Broncos could diversify the NFL’s ownership, but nepotism is getting in the way

Click image for larger version Name:	skysports-los-angeles-rams_5673682.jpg Views:	0 Size:	334.3 KB ID:	8416555

Full article:
                        https://www.sbnation.com/2022/5/12/2...n-stan-kroenke
                        The Broncos are going to sell to the highest bidder that meets all the criteria - and at least from what we can see publicly, the highest bidder who meets all the criteria is Rob Walton.

Comment

Working...
                        X