Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis Hamilton joins Broncos Ownership Group

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/08/0...nership-group/

Now this is the last thing I expected when I first saw this news on Twitter. Though now, I can see it happening because, deep pockets can grant you people like Lewis Hamilton.

This is an illustrious group of owners, with varying backgrounds. I think it's great!!

Comment

Hamilton has won 7 WDC's because he was in cars that were totally superior to every other car on the circuit. Now that Red Bull and Ferrari are competitive with Mercedes, Hamilton doesn't appear to be competing for another championship.
      Not a big fan of this or the Rice choice.

I'd like to see an actual football person, such as Elway and Manning included in ownership.

Comment

I have no idea who that is.
        Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
          Hamilton has won 7 WDC's because he was in cars that were totally superior to every other car on the circuit. Now that Red Bull and Ferrari are competitive with Mercedes, Hamilton doesn't appear to be competing for another championship.

I'd like to see an actual football person, such as Elway and Manning included in ownership.
          I don’t want Elway anywhere near ownership. Greatest ever but he has wore out his welcome on the management side

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post

Hamilton wasn't brought in to win races. He was added to expand the marketing reach of the Broncos overseas, where he is very popular. His "job" will be to wear a Broncos cap in the racing pit and on TV, branding the team in new markets.

Comment

This is the first thing the new owners have done that I don't like. I'm a big F1 fan but don't care for Hamilton. That said, he will increase international exposure, especially in Britain.

Comment

I'm in the UK , I've never heard anything about Hamilton being a Broncos fan but I don't follow F1 at all , whether its coincidental with him buying property in Colorado or if say he became fond of the Broncos as a schoolkid during the Terrell Davis years I don't know , I don't see what damage it makes in the collective scheme of things though.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
                  This is the first thing the new owners have done that I don't like. I'm a big F1 fan but don't care for Hamilton. That said, he will increase international exposure, especially in Britain.
                  I think this is the most plausible explanation and to it I'll add my own take; The Broncos now have three minority members who collectively would buy into the franchise at a certain percentage level, say 5%. It looks good on paper and to the public but in the overall scheme of things means very little.

Comment

One thing that is in the back of my mind is that this is helping pave the way towards a move to London. Just a random not likely to happen thought that popped into my head.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                      I have no idea who that is.
                      He's a Formula 1 motor racing driver from Stevenage near London who has won a record equalling 7 World Championship titles, and earns (in salary alone) around 40M USD per year. He's very famous and extremely high profile. At least outside the US.

Comment

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
                        One thing that is in the back of my mind is that this is helping pave the way towards a move to London. Just a random not likely to happen thought that popped into my head.
                        I think Shad Khan would challenge Rob Walton to a bare knuckles brawl for who gets to move a team to London.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

The Jag's owner is an international type. The Walton family has a presence in CO. As a franchise, the Jag's suck as in they have little history. There is NFW the NFL would allow a storied franchise like the Broncos to move abroad. The Jag's? Who friggin' cares??

Comment

Originally posted by beemerboy View Post

The Jag's owner is an international type. The Walton family has a presence in CO. As a franchise, the Jag's suck as in they have little history. There is NFW the NFL would allow a storied franchise like the Broncos to move abroad. The Jag's? Who friggin' cares??
                            LIke I said, just a thought that popped into my head when I heard the news. Not that I think it would happen, just a random thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
                              I agree with that. Want to get more exposure outside the US? Get a high-profile, popular (mostly) person to become part owner.

LIke I said, just a thought that popped into my head when I heard the news. Not that I think it would happen, just a random thought.
                              Random thoughts can be scary.

If that's their long term goal, getting Hamilton is a smart move. I just hope they stay in Denver.
                              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                              X