Lewis Hamilton joins Broncos Ownership Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post

LIke I said, just a thought that popped into my head when I heard the news. Not that I think it would happen, just a random thought.
    When I read your post my random thought was that you've been 'mokin dope.

Comment

Hamilton overcame much adversity and prejudice to become a legend in Formula One. He's widely known in much of the world Not the most sparkling of characters but undeniably brilliant and single minded. Sure he had a dominant car but not so dominant that an average or good FI driver could have come close to the success he's earnt. I don't particularly warm to him, but admire what he's achieved.

For sure he can raise the profile of our beloved franchise, but there is zero chance the Broncos would relocate to the UK... there's simply not the interest here, and I doubt ever will be.

Comment

What a joke.

Please, move the Broncos to London, or Lewis' new tax-dodging residence of Monaco, so Denver can get a new, "real" NFL franchise.

And it's sad because Ive been following the Broncos since 1968.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
          What a joke.

Please, move the Broncos to London, or Lewis' new tax-dodging residence of Monaco, so Denver can get a new, "real" NFL franchise.

The Broncos are a real NFL franchise. They’re one of the best during the Super Bowl era.

They aren’t going anywhere.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
            What a joke.

We found a Lewis Hamilton hater.

Comment

Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post

We found a Lewis Hamilton hater.
              I don't "hate" Lewis Hamilton', at all. And I don't particularly care for the inference.

He is a better than average driver who has been brilliant in his choice of joining McLaren when they had a dominant car, and then moving to Mercedes when there wasn't a car on this planet that could compete with Mercedes. Smart guy who just made a smart investment in the Broncos. And that's all that it is. An investment.

As a driver, I think there are several F1 drivers, throughout history, who Hamilton couldn't compete with in a million years. Like Ayrton Senna. Or Jochen Rindt. Unfortunately most of them raced in an era when driving in Formula One was close to a death sentence.

One driver who is responsible for Hamilton's success is Jackie Stewart who changed Formula One from a yearly bloodbath to a relatively safe sport. And keep in mind that when Hamilton was at the height of his skills in a car superior to every other car on the track, his teammate Rosberg took the championship away from Hamilton.

I'm not overly impressed with the guy as a driver no matter how many WDCs he's won. But he's a brilliant strategist who abandoned his home country of England for Monaco so he wouldn't have to pay the taxes that everyone else in England has to pay.

Hope this helps!!!

Comment

Working...
              X