No announcement yet.

Free Agent Thread: Kenoy Kennedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kennedy has like what... 3 INTs in his career? He's not much of a ballhawk.
    Did i say kenoy was a ball hawk?

B-Dawk is decent in coverage but guys like Reed and Taylor always fly outta nowhere to pick the ball...B-Dawk will take your head off though!

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
      Who plays SS? DRAFT SOMEONE.

We don't need big hits, we need interceptions and forced fumbles.
      Holy Crap, batman......we finally AGREE!!!!!!!!

Poor cover safetys are a liability. Pure and simple. If you want someone that just hits hard, put a linebacker back there.

The safety should be as good as a cb in pass defense. Denver doesn't need two liablities back there.....especially if the D line isn't pressuring the qb.
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I say keep Kennedy because once Lynch retires he can provide the fear to go across the middle. Most of you are forgeting that you need a hard hitting safety to make the WRs be scared to go over the middle. Once Lynch retires then we won't have that if we don't resign Kenoy. And Lynch will probably retire within the next 2 years. If you don't have that presence over the middle then WRs won't be afraid to go across the middle and it will open up more of the field to the offense and the last thing we need is for more field to open up for the passing game.
        Smith's First Catch
        "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

First order of bissiness, get rid of PLUMMER!!!!! Secondly, if Bailey is afraid to make the hit or go after the ball, he can go too!! Keep Plummer, then Shanny must go!! Although, you on side kick against a strong scoring team in the first half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? Shanny is an idiot!!!!!! Frustration is pouring out, I must quit!!!!!!!!!! Give me a pass rusher please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

...the verdict says...

KEEP KENNEDY!!!!!!!

Comment

LOSE Kennedy, Let Lynch play his natural SS position, and let Ferguson tear it up at FS. I can't believe you guys forgot how well Ferguson was playing for us last year. The Train Wreck and Lynch would be unreal.

Comment

I honestly believe Kenoy outplayed Lynch this year...i dont know if you guys noticed but Kenoy made so many great open-field tackles!!!

Bring Kenoy back!

Comment

Hard hitters my ass. Hard hitters get your team mentioned in the media and refs looking to eject your players we need a safety that can pick up the slack for rookie corners and safeties that can allow our cb's to blitz every once in a while.Kennoy is a bum always has been and always will be. Bye kennoy wont miss u at all
                  Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonOwnsU
                    I love Kenoy's intensity!!! He is one of the hardest hitting safeties in football...but...

He and John Lynch are the same players..Denver needs a ball hawking safety...

I feel we should re-sign Kenoy because Lynch wont be around for that long.

I dont know what kind of money he will be asking for but we may regret it if he goes...
                    If Kenoy's willing to accept that he's going to be a backup SS behind Lynch, then its all good™
                    This space for rent

Comment

What are usmoking?

u do realize that lynch is only signed for 3 years...u thinking any about the future Urine man?

Kenoy is sick!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                        Holy Crap, batman......we finally AGREE!!!!!!!!

Poor cover safetys are a liability. Pure and simple. If you want someone that just hits hard, put a linebacker back there.

The safety should be as good as a cb in pass defense. Denver doesn't need two liablities back there.....especially if the D line isn't pressuring the qb.
                        I agree with this also. We need someone back there to make plays & can cover, make turnovers, etc.

Comment

What are usmoking?

u do realize that lynch is only signed for 3 years...u thinking any about the future Urine man?

Kenoy is sick!
                          You obviously didn't read a word of my post. I understand Lynch only has 2 more years on his contract, which is why I said if he's willing to accept being a backup.... for the timebeing obviously™
                          This space for rent

Comment

I honestly believe Kenoy outplayed Lynch this year...i dont know if you guys noticed but Kenoy made so many great open-field tackles!!!

Bring Kenoy back!

Several things here....

First, there is a lot of propanda in this thread without much actual knowledgable data. I'll offer up some facts.

1) Kenoy Kennedy has been a horrible safety until this year. This year, he played better but was still a liability in coverage. He is a pure run stuffing safety with stone hands.

2) Kenoy will command a decent salary, but he will be by no means the elite safety on the open market. He won't even be the elite run stopping safety on the market, that honor goes to Donovin Darrius of Jacksonville who can play the pass better then Kennedy, but is still basically a run stuffer only.

3) Lynch was a bust this year. Besides a few big hits, he had a horrible year. He only made the Pro Bowl based on popularity, just like when Ken Griffey Jr makes the all star team despite hitting .200 with only 90 at bats. For the money we paid Lynch, his on field production was a sham. Perhaps he was good in the lockerroom, but thats all.

4) Kennedy nor Lynch is the answer at SS. And actually, Nick Ferguson was a helluva ball hawk in his only season we allowed him to start. Look at passes defensed + INTs. That's how you determine a cover safety. He's the best safety on our roster and he's on the bench. Ferguson is by no means a great safety, but he's still the best we have on our roster atm.

5) What we should do is move Herndon to SS and let Ferguson play FS. Herndon might not annhilate people like Lynch does, but he's a GREAT tackler against the run and he certainly brings good coverage skills. You could also man him up against Tight Ends as well, and in our division, that's a key concept. Middlebrooks is another option for SS, but Herndon would be a star at the position.

So, I would let Kennedy walk, he's not worth the money or the gamble he'll play decent again when he's sucked his entire career before this year. Lynch is probably locked up on this team, I would rotate him in with Ferguson on running downs and take Lynch out on passing downs. Just because he is a high character guy and a hard hitter does not mean he is a good safety and should be starting.

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                              "Colts recievers are soft..."

And Indianapolis news the next day "Colts recievers scortch the Broncos secondary again."

Get him out of DENVER!
                              it's people like you that need to die.
                              D-BLOCK!

That's what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                                Several things here....

First, there is a lot of propanda in this thread without much actual knowledgable data. I'll offer up some facts.

1) Kenoy Kennedy has been a horrible safety until this year. This year, he played better but was still a liability in coverage. He is a pure run stuffing safety with stone hands.

2) Kenoy will command a decent salary, but he will be by no means the elite safety on the open market. He won't even be the elite run stopping safety on the market, that honor goes to Donovin Darrius of Jacksonville who can play the pass better then Kennedy, but is still basically a run stuffer only.

3) Lynch was a bust this year. Besides a few big hits, he had a horrible year. He only made the Pro Bowl based on popularity, just like when Ken Griffey Jr makes the all star team despite hitting .200 with only 90 at bats. For the money we paid Lynch, his on field production was a sham. Perhaps he was good in the lockerroom, but thats all.

4) Kennedy nor Lynch is the answer at SS. And actually, Nick Ferguson was a helluva ball hawk in his only season we allowed him to start. Look at passes defensed + INTs. That's how you determine a cover safety. He's the best safety on our roster and he's on the bench. Ferguson is by no means a great safety, but he's still the best we have on our roster atm.

5) What we should do is move Herndon to SS and let Ferguson play FS. Herndon might not annhilate people like Lynch does, but he's a GREAT tackler against the run and he certainly brings good coverage skills. You could also man him up against Tight Ends as well, and in our division, that's a key concept. Middlebrooks is another option for SS, but Herndon would be a star at the position.

So, I would let Kennedy walk, he's not worth the money or the gamble he'll play decent again when he's sucked his entire career before this year. Lynch is probably locked up on this team, I would rotate him in with Ferguson on running downs and take Lynch out on passing downs. Just because he is a high character guy and a hard hitter does not mean he is a good safety and should be starting.
                                If he was as horrible as you are TRYING to make him out to be I don't he would have started consecutive years nor would he be called one of the best young safeties out there. Look at the game and then get a clue.

Or better yet, how about you get on the field with him and see how much he "sucks".

I'm glad the majority of you have a brain. Keeping him would only help not hurt us. He may not be a ball hawk but hell, how many INTS. did we have this year (THAT MATTERED)? Atleast he knows what needs to work on. He's on of our hardest working players on the field, always sacraficing his body. But I guess if you're not making the highlights around here you don't get much respect.
                                Last edited by GameTime; 01-10-2005, 05:37 PM.
                                D-BLOCK!

That's what it is!

Comment

Working...
                                X