Free Agent Thread: Kenoy Kennedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    Let Kennedy walk, let Lynch play out his contract at SS, being replaced with Ferguson on passing downs. Move Herndon or Middlebrooks (who played awesome this year) to FS. Walls is a very good CB when he's healthy. Alexander/LeSeur/Shaote give us depth in the nickel/dime roles, along with Chris Young at safety.

Problem solved.
    BRILLIANT!!! Has the makings of a great secondary + saves us $$!! My only question, though, is what happens in 2 years when Lynch retires? Can we find a better SS than what we already have in Kennedy?

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenis7
      BRILLIANT!!! Has the makings of a great secondary + saves us $$!! My only question, though, is what happens in 2 years when Lynch retires? Can we find a better SS than what we already have in Kennedy?

Its pretty easy to find a hard-hitting, run-stopping SS. I'm sure there will be many options when that time comes. Also, LeSeur will likely be developed as a safety, perhaps he will develop into that role.

I would not have signed Lynch, I would have spent the money locking up Hayward or Berry last year. However, I would also not resign Kennedy because he has been a terrible safety up until this year in which he was merely average. I dont think it will be hard to replace kennedy or lynch. The next SS may not hit as hard as they do, because the one thing they do is clobber people, but it won't be hard to find a better overall safety.

Comment

This is now

Let him go and address the d-line

Comment

I'm happy the coaches and GM make these decisions because some of you don't think about long term at all. (no offense meant towards anyone)
          Smith's First Catch
          "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

If you people are saying Shanny should cut Kenoy because he was getting burned, i guess Champ will be cut aswell, LOL u idiots Kenoy got burned by Reggie Wayne once in that game, I think the whole of the USA saw Champ on national television get burned 3 times in the one game by Chad Johnson not to mention Champ getting burned again by Joey Porter on sunday night football,in both games where we should have won, Cincy and The Raiders, not to mention the Radiers who were playing away from home and in the snow, Im not bashing Champ im just saying even the best make mistakes. Kenoy must stay!
            Last edited by kenoyripsit#28; 01-11-2005, 09:02 PM.

Just 2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by kenoyripsit#28
              If you people are saying Shanny should cut Kenoy because he was getting burned, i guess Champ will be cut aswell, LOL u idiots Kenoy got burned by Reggie Wayne once in that game, I think the whole of the USA saw Champ on national television get burned 3 times in the one game by Chad Johnson not to mention Champ getting burned again by Joey Porter on sunday night football,in both games where we should have won, Cincy and The Raiders, not to mention the Radiers who were playing away from home and in the snow, Im not bashing Champ im just saying even the best make mistakes. Kenoy must stay!
              Why must he stay?

Tell me what he has done besides gotten into trouble with the media about his big cheap hits...

Personally, i'm tired of big devastating hits, I don't mind them here and there, but I would much rather have a playmaker, rather that a heavy hitter.

Kenoy hasn't done anything more than what any other safety can do.
              sigpic

Comment

Tough decision, but I say let him go. Lynch's signing makes it very difficult to keep Kennedy when we have a high quality safety (Furgeson) sitting on the bench. Put in The Train Wreck and watch him tear it up like he did for us last year.
                sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

Originally posted by kenoyripsit#28
                  we need help on our d line then maybe we wont have to blitz lynch every time to get penetration i love kennedy but letting him to go to maybe lockup reggie might be a good move

Comment

Personally, i'm tired of big devastating hits, I don't mind them here and there, but I would much rather have a playmaker, rather that a heavy hitter.
                    u are tired of those hits yet you are glorifying one in your sig?

anyway...Kenoy has played great this year...lock Kenoy up or we'll regret it!

Comment

As much as I enjoy watching Kennedy for his hitting prowess, keeping him is not practical. We already have Lynch inked to a multi-year deal, like it or not. I have to believe that we need a Safety with coverage skills. Anyone disagree? 2 Linebackers in the secondary are 1 too many.
                      I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

John Lynch is not young and only has 2 years remaining on his contract...i say re-sign Kenoy and begin rotating Lynch with Ferguson...Shanahan already too kthis appraoch a couple times this year...i think Kenoy will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonOwnsU
                          John Lynch is not young and only has 2 years remaining on his contract...i say re-sign Kenoy and begin rotating Lynch with Ferguson...Shanahan already too kthis appraoch a couple times this year...i think Kenoy will be back.
                          That would work well, it is nice to see someone (other than me) was able to get over the spin move.
                          Smith's First Catch
                          "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

Originally posted by AlWilsonOwnsU

Lynch gets paid an awful lot to ride the bench for 2 years. With that logic, trade him for a mid-round pick and retain Kenoy....then there's the cap hit!
                            or
                            Keep Lynch as a starter along with Ferguson, let Kenoy go and draft one mid round for 2 years from now.
                            I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Lynch gets paid an awful lot to ride the bench for 2 years. With that logic, trade him for a mid-round pick and retain Kenoy....then there's the cap hit!
                              No one would trade anything for Lynch! You cant just magicly draft a decent SS! I guess it all comes down to what kind of cash Kenoy wants...if he is looking for crazy numbers let him walk.

BTW...let this thread die i am starting a new one with a poll!! this is becoming a serious topic here.

Comment

From what I remember of KK , watching him get beat deep on more than one occasion. The most recent was the first game in INDY this year on their second score. Had he tried to TACKLE the WR instead of hit him out of bounds, the score would not have happened.

He relies on crushing hits to bring down runners opposed to tackling them. He has cost us lots of extra yards and several scores. After they bounced away and kept on truckin.

Unless he'll work for minor money, let him walk and try to draft a FS in th 2 or 5 fifth round. Rookies are always better values.

Comment

Working...
                                X