Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question

    Who realistically is the best player we could acquire through trades and/or free agency? Obviously we cant go over the cap by that much so who could we get?

  • #2
    Originally posted by dman444
    Who realistically is the best player we could acquire through trades and/or free agency? Obviously we cant go over the cap by that much so who could we get?

    Why didn't you just ask the question in your subject?

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't know if we'll be acquiring players through trades; that'll be draft picks.

      I'm guessing that we don't have a whole lot of money to get any big name players in this FA Period.

      Comment


      • #4
        no reason to be a ****

        Comment


        • #5
          I say John Abraham and move Pryce to DT
          WIN, LOSE OR TIE, I WILL BE A BRONCO FAN TIL THE DAY I DIE.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Astros05
            I say John Abraham and move Pryce to DT
            Abraham will be way out of Denver's price range. I have read that Denver might look for a midlevel free agent or two but that's about it.
            John 11: 25-27

            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



            Thanks Snk16

            Comment


            • #7
              He will stay with the JETS

              "The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends."
              Friedrich Nietzsche

              Comment


              • #8
                Reggie hayward is the best possible free agent we could sign.

                I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                ABWRFRC

                Comment


                • #9
                  After restructures and releases Denver will pursue a top FA D-Lineman. Abraham and Howard will most likely be off the board with tags so I think we'll make a run for Corey Simon and one of the better FA Guards!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NeedDLinemen
                    After restructures and releases Denver will pursue a top FA D-Lineman. Abraham and Howard will most likely be off the board with tags so I think we'll make a run for Corey Simon and one of the better FA Guards!!

                    Well, first Corey Simon will be franchised if he can't be resigned, the Eagles have said as much. So he's not going to happen.

                    Darren Howard actually should be available.

                    Abraham will likely be franchised.


                    However, our cap situation is very bad and here's why.

                    1) Over the last several years, we have continuously created back heavy contracts just like the Ravens and 49ers did. We can't do that any more or we will have to purge our entire team in two years. Our cap situation in the immediate future is very tough thanks to all those contracts we have done.

                    2) So, now that restructuring is out of the picture, you have cuts. Well, if you cut someone, their bonus and prorated salaries all hit you this year. We are 2 million under the cap, we can't handle big cuts.

                    3) The main problem with our cap situation is that we have literally a ton of FAs that we must sign. On top of that, we have RFA's that other teams may try and steal away from us such as Herndon and Walls. All a team has to do is frontload a contract and we won't be able to match it, this is what Arizona did to get Berry.


                    Hayward is going to command a 5 year, 25 million contract + signing bonus. That's basically all of our cap space there. But then, we have to find a way to pay Putzier, Hamilton, Carlisle for starters. Then we have to make decisions on re-signing Spragan, Kennedy, Coleman, Ellis Johnson (who we likely traded our 4th round draft pick for), etc...

                    My friend, if you think we have any money at all to chase after FAs, you are on crack. The only way we can, is if we let all these starters of ours walk. And then, we will have a ton of holes to fill, and we still couldnt sign a big name because of the sheer amount of players we would need to get.

                    I agree we will make some cap space, but then I believe we will spend it all locking up our own FAs for next season. The only way we are going to get better is to have a good draft. Period.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                      Well, first Corey Simon will be franchised if he can't be resigned, the Eagles have said as much. So he's not going to happen.

                      Darren Howard actually should be available.

                      Abraham will likely be franchised.


                      However, our cap situation is very bad and here's why.

                      1) Over the last several years, we have continuously created back heavy contracts just like the Ravens and 49ers did. We can't do that any more or we will have to purge our entire team in two years. Our cap situation in the immediate future is very tough thanks to all those contracts we have done.

                      2) So, now that restructuring is out of the picture, you have cuts. Well, if you cut someone, their bonus and prorated salaries all hit you this year. We are 2 million under the cap, we can't handle big cuts.

                      3) The main problem with our cap situation is that we have literally a ton of FAs that we must sign. On top of that, we have RFA's that other teams may try and steal away from us such as Herndon and Walls. All a team has to do is frontload a contract and we won't be able to match it, this is what Arizona did to get Berry.


                      Hayward is going to command a 5 year, 25 million contract + signing bonus. That's basically all of our cap space there. But then, we have to find a way to pay Putzier, Hamilton, Carlisle for starters. Then we have to make decisions on re-signing Spragan, Kennedy, Coleman, Ellis Johnson (who we likely traded our 4th round draft pick for), etc...

                      My friend, if you think we have any money at all to chase after FAs, you are on crack. The only way we can, is if we let all these starters of ours walk. And then, we will have a ton of holes to fill, and we still couldnt sign a big name because of the sheer amount of players we would need to get.

                      I agree we will make some cap space, but then I believe we will spend it all locking up our own FAs for next season. The only way we are going to get better is to have a good draft. Period.
                      That's a very good point you have there!!
                      WIN, LOSE OR TIE, I WILL BE A BRONCO FAN TIL THE DAY I DIE.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                        Well, first Corey Simon will be franchised if he can't be resigned, the Eagles have said as much. So he's not going to happen.

                        Darren Howard actually should be available.

                        Abraham will likely be franchised.


                        However, our cap situation is very bad and here's why.

                        1) Over the last several years, we have continuously created back heavy contracts just like the Ravens and 49ers did. We can't do that any more or we will have to purge our entire team in two years. Our cap situation in the immediate future is very tough thanks to all those contracts we have done.

                        2) So, now that restructuring is out of the picture, you have cuts. Well, if you cut someone, their bonus and prorated salaries all hit you this year. We are 2 million under the cap, we can't handle big cuts.

                        3) The main problem with our cap situation is that we have literally a ton of FAs that we must sign. On top of that, we have RFA's that other teams may try and steal away from us such as Herndon and Walls. All a team has to do is frontload a contract and we won't be able to match it, this is what Arizona did to get Berry.


                        Hayward is going to command a 5 year, 25 million contract + signing bonus. That's basically all of our cap space there. But then, we have to find a way to pay Putzier, Hamilton, Carlisle for starters. Then we have to make decisions on re-signing Spragan, Kennedy, Coleman, Ellis Johnson (who we likely traded our 4th round draft pick for), etc...

                        My friend, if you think we have any money at all to chase after FAs, you are on crack. The only way we can, is if we let all these starters of ours walk. And then, we will have a ton of holes to fill, and we still couldnt sign a big name because of the sheer amount of players we would need to get.

                        I agree we will make some cap space, but then I believe we will spend it all locking up our own FAs for next season. The only way we are going to get better is to have a good draft. Period.
                        Good point but very depressing hope we dont chief it up next year
                        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X