DBFan4Lyfe: Bronco Mock Draft V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    Just so you know...Marcus Spears and Matt Roth have lit up the senior bowl practices all week and are now "locks" to go in the top 20. Dan Cody is the first DE thats going to be taken, and Shaun Cody has improved his draft value into the middle of round 1 this week as well.

Oh, and Erasmus James has the most "potential" at DE in this draft, if he has no injury concerns, he's a top 5 pick with insane pass rushing skills and speed. As it is, the concerns are very legit, and he will probably drop to the 20th selection range, but gone before us. The combine is going to determine alot for him.

DEs as of now.

1) Dan Cody
    2) Matt Roth
    3) Marcus Spears
    4) Erasmus James
    5) Shawn Merrimen (3-4)
    6) Shaun Cody
    7) David Pollack
    8) Demarcus Ware
    9) Justin Tuck (3-4)
    i wouldnt say that roth is a lock at top 20, i wouldnt even call him a lock in the first round...you have david pollack a little lower then most people do...any particular reason..? and im pretty sure Shaun Cody is a DT, not DE

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
      i wouldnt say that roth is a lock at top 20, i wouldnt even call him a lock in the first round...you have david pollack a little lower then most people do...any particular reason..? and im pretty sure Shaun Cody is a DT, not DE
      You have to be caught up with the events from the Senior Bowl practices this week. I gave some of the updates in another thread. Matt Roth was the best player on either team in the opinion of scouts and personnel evaluators all week long.

Pollack is slipping due to his size. That's not old news. And Shaun Cody projects to a DE in the pros.

But as to Roth, not only is he a lock in the first round, he's now likely a top 15 pick, if not top 10.

Comment

You have to be caught up with the events from the Senior Bowl practices this week. I gave some of the updates in another thread. Matt Roth was the best player on either team in the opinion of scouts and personnel evaluators all week long.

Pollack is slipping due to his size. That's not old news. And Shaun Cody projects to a DE in the pros.

But as to Roth, not only is he a lock in the first round, he's now likely a top 15 pick, if not top 10.
        Roth is a whole 9 pounds heavier then pollack... roth having a few good practices, should move him from early second round to top 15... i really dont see roth being takin ahead of pollack, james, spears or cody...

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
          Roth is a whole 9 pounds heavier then pollack... roth having a few good practices, should move him from early second round to top 15... i really dont see roth being takin ahead of pollack, james, spears or cody...
          We shall see. It wasn't a few good practices though, it was complete domination apparently. Jaw dropping domination. If you have ESPN Insider, or Sports Illustrated's inside scoop, go check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
            Welcome back

Tuck has the most potential out of all the DEs this year.

We need a WR, when Rod retires, we won't have anyone. Watts isn't start material because he is too light, and Lelie is only a deep ball threat. We need Vincent Jackson.
            Jackson isn't worth a 2nd round pick. He has not played at high competition level. The reason people are interested in him is because he has the same athletic abilities as Antonio Gates (both played basketball as well as football.) I think we could get Jackson 3rd round or 4th (assuming we can get picks). I saw some highlights of Jackson a few months ago, and he looks promising in some aspects, but I think it is too high a risk to get him 2nd round to take over at #1 eventually.
            Watts is too light to start? Have you heard of a guy called Marvin Harrison? IDK, some people think he is good. Watts reminds me of Lelie in his first year, all the athletic ability.....just drops some easier passes.
            If we get a reciever 2nd round it should be Josh Davis from Marshall. He already broke Watts' school records. I've watched him play a lot the past few years....he could turn into a great receiver.

Comment

If this is true then you have what 7 DE going in the first round? If this dose happen...... there will be alot of talent dropping..... Personally I believe there is to much talent at other positions in the draft to see this many DE go in the first.

Comment

Just so you know...Marcus Spears and Matt Roth have lit up the senior bowl practices all week and are now "locks" to go in the top 20. Dan Cody is the first DE thats going to be taken, and Shaun Cody has improved his draft value into the middle of round 1 this week as well.

Oh, and Erasmus James has the most "potential" at DE in this draft, if he has no injury concerns, he's a top 5 pick with insane pass rushing skills and speed. As it is, the concerns are very legit, and he will probably drop to the 20th selection range, but gone before us. The combine is going to determine alot for him.

DEs as of now.

1) Dan Cody
                2) Matt Roth
                3) Marcus Spears
                4) Erasmus James
                5) Shawn Merrimen (3-4)
                6) Shaun Cody
                7) David Pollack
                8) Demarcus Ware
                9) Justin Tuck (3-4)

Demarcus Ware is a 232 pound linebacker, he isn't a defensive lineman.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology
                  Demarcus Ware is a 232 pound linebacker, he isn't a defensive lineman.
                  Quoted from Scouts Inc posted Tuesday:

Troy DE Demarcus Ware reproted to Senior Bowl practices this week at 6'4" and 250 lbs and he certainly didn't look fat.

Quoted from the Huddle Report and Drew Boylhart posted several weeks ago:

Strengths
                  DeMarcus just explodes off the line when pass rushing. He has very good athletic talent. He has good change of direction skills, nice long arms to go along with excellent speed and burst to the QB. DeMarcus is a good tackler and handles the point of attack well in the college game. He is excellent in pursuit and loves to attack. He is a pure speed rusher with good all-around abilities.

Needs to Improve
                  DeMarcus will need to get stronger to handle the point of attack in the NFL, but he will. I have no doubts.

Bottom Line
                  I think by the time we get to draft day, you will be hearing more and more about this kid. He reminds me a lot of Jason Taylor; in fact, some might say that he is a clone. He might be stronger than Taylor at this point in the run game and that’s why I think this kid might be as good as they come after two or three years in the NFL. He is one of my favorite players in this draft. He has the size, strength, speed and quickness to be a perfect blind side rusher. On my personal board, he has 1st round talent and if I needed a Pass Rusher that can play in a 4/3 defense on every down, this kid would do it for me. Watch this kid shoot up the boards the closer we get to the draft. It should be very interesting.

Posted today via Mel Kiper Jr on ESPN's Insider:

DE Demarcus Ware from Troy has shot up the draft list this past week at the Senior Bowl practices. He is a great athlete with tremendous closing speed. Ware plays hard, too. Ware looks to go in the late first, early second.

Posted today via Scouts Inc:

The hybrid DE/OLB Demarcus Ware's play during Senior Bowl practices has not gone unnoticed. Ware has the skill set to excel in either role, as he has an explosive first step and shows great closing speed to the QB. He is also surprisingly skilled when asked to drop back in coverage. This week's showing has helped Ware considerably.

There's a lot more I could quote, but I think this is enough. 250 lb DE/ Blitzing OLB with blazing speed and long arms....We could use him at either position, and it just makes sense to me. Pass rush is the name of the game, and this guy can bring it.
                  Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 01-27-2005, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X