How bout Joel Dreessen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bout Joel Dreessen

I think the best thing we should do is allow Putz to go and draft Joel Dreessen, probably the most underrated TE in the draft. He has great size at 6'4 260, and was the fastest TE at the combine running under 4.7 in the 40. He has great hands and and has pretty good athletic ability. He also long-snaps. In addition to all of this, he has been a Broncos fan since he was three years old and idolizes Elway. He says it is his dream to play for the Broncos, and he is a hometown boy, playing college ball at colorado state. I'm sure he has a good rapport with BVP and can come in right away and produce and he'll probably be a third-fourth rounder.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Haven't heard much about him. He sounds good from your post though. I'm all for it if he can be taken in the mid-rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Milehigh117
      I think the best thing we should do is allow Putz to go and draft Joel Dreessen, probably the most underrated TE in the draft. He has great size at 6'4 260, and was the fastest TE at the combine running under 4.7 in the 40. He has great hands and and has pretty good athletic ability. He also long-snaps. In addition to all of this, he has been a Broncos fan since he was three years old and idolizes Elway. He says it is his dream to play for the Broncos, and he is a hometown boy, playing college ball at colorado state. I'm sure he has a good rapport with BVP and can come in right away and produce and he'll probably be a third-fourth rounder.
      How about we keep Putz and draft this kid or Matt somebody (big tall blond dude), for backup.

Otherwise we are 2-3 years behind in TE production again. Just in case you did not notice, folks it takes a couple of year for any of the skill positions to learn and be real effective in Mikeys complex playbook.

If Y'all have not figured that out yet, not sure if you are Bronco fans or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
        How about we keep Putz and draft this kid or Matt somebody (big tall blond dude), for backup.

Otherwise we are 2-3 years behind in TE production again. Just in case you did not notice, folks it takes a couple of year for any of the skill positions to learn and be real effective in Mikeys complex playbook.

If Y'all have not figured that out yet, not sure if you are Bronco fans or not.
        They'll never be satisfied. 36 catches for 572 yards at a 15.9 per catch average in his 1st season of significant playing time is no good because he's not Shannon Sharpe. Let Putzier develop. He's young and he can develop into a very dangerous weapon at the TE position. His contract is very reasonablea and I would be very surprised if he is not retained. How would letting him go the Jet's and watching him blow up over there help us out??

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
          Matt Jones QB Arkansas
          My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by ARBroncos
            Matt Jones QB Arkansas

Looks like a project to me, but a great athlete.

Comment

He would def be a project especially as far as blocking. He would be a fantastic recieving tight end but I would cringe if I saw us motion him in to the backfield to lead block. As a QB he really understands offenses so you could expect him to make an immediate impact as a pass catcher. Throughout his entire career at Arkansas we needed him at QB for his abilities to make things happen but he could also have been the teams best WR and punt returner. He looked great at the Senior bowl and I imagine there are a lot of GMs putting him on a list of guys to try and snag late on the first day and hoping no one else grabs.
              My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

Working...
              X