Keith Burns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Burns

The Denver Broncos took another pass at the past Tuesday.

Only days after signing former Denver linebacker Ian Gold to his second stint with the team, the Broncos had former special-teams ace Keith Burns in for a visit.

Burns, who spent the 2004 season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, is an unrestricted free agent.

He spent five seasons with the Broncos (1994-98) before spending one year with the Chicago Bears in 1999. He then returned as a free agent to spend four more seasons with the Broncos (2000-03) before signing with the Buccaneers this past season.

Burns, 32, finished with 11 tackles for the Buccaneers in 2004.

Burns, a popular player inside and outside the Broncos complex in his eight seasons with the team, would be looked at to help shore up special-teams play as well as provide emergency depth at linebacker.

As long as he can still tackle..........
    "Go away kid, you bother me"....W.C. Fields

Comment

if he is cheap i'm all for it

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
      Woodson makes the pick
      Lott takes it back

All for respect this is how the game should be played

Comment

He's a threat on special teams and is a team player I like the idea if he's cheap
        sigpic
        PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
        You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Bring back Keith Burns - We already brought back Ian Gold...Hey maybe by the grace of God we can get John Mobley back too...

By the way: How many freakin LB's are we going to sign this offseason? I know Spraghan is a Free Agent and gone more than likely to the Dolphins. We are going to need to cut some LB's I would imagne...
          2007 Season- Allllll Readddddy!!!!! #27

Comment

Originally posted by DenverFan07
            Bring back Keith Burns - We already brought back Ian Gold...Hey maybe by the grace of God we can get John Mobley back too...

By the way: How many freakin LB's are we going to sign this offseason? I know Spraghan is a Free Agent and gone more than likely to the Dolphins. We are going to need to cut some LB's I would imagne...
            Well louis green and a couple of the lower tier bums shall be cutt before the season starts.
            sigpic
            PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
            You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by DenverFanInGB
              The Denver Broncos took another pass at the past Tuesday.

Only days after signing former Denver linebacker Ian Gold to his second stint with the team, the Broncos had former special-teams ace Keith Burns in for a visit.

Burns, who spent the 2004 season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, is an unrestricted free agent.

He spent five seasons with the Broncos (1994-98) before spending one year with the Chicago Bears in 1999. He then returned as a free agent to spend four more seasons with the Broncos (2000-03) before signing with the Buccaneers this past season.

Burns, 32, finished with 11 tackles for the Buccaneers in 2004.

Burns, a popular player inside and outside the Broncos complex in his eight seasons with the team, would be looked at to help shore up special-teams play as well as provide emergency depth at linebacker.

doesnt sound like hes a particularly impressive player, if hes being signed as a special teams stud then it isnt worth it, a rookie would cost less, have more speed / youth / enthusiasm
              Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
              http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Burns is Ok but we need to just focus on developing

focus on developing the younger guys.
                Emancipate your mind!
                The People's Poster

Comment

burns is a great special teamer,
                  offense and defense not only wins games, but we lost a few due to bad tackling on special teams, and bad field psotion

Comment

Hmmm, if we get burnsie back, combined with gold, and ferguson and middlebrooks are already good special teamers, we might actually have decent kick coverage next year. That's assuming we have someone who can actually kick the ball though.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                    ABWRFRC

Comment

Working...
                    X