X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by dbdom
    if you mean he would be a 3-4 DE, no chance, hes listed as 272 pounds, not enough to hold it up there, plus pass rush ability from DE's in 3-4 is not required, they just need to take up double teams for the linebackers to make the plays and on NFL.com hes listed as running a 4.77 in the 40, i dont think thats really fast enough for a 3-4 OLB either, if we wanted a 3-4 pass rushing OLB, then we would look at demarcus ware or shawn merriman but ware is more likely to be available at our pick
    I've grown into quite the roth fan over the last few weeks, and i think he's closer to 280 righ tnow, and even though he's mostly known for being a pass rusher, i've read that he's strong against the run. I know he still isn't the prototype size for a 3-4 DE, (and i'm not even gonna consider him as an OLB), but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we got him, i like how intense he is. I read that in practice he once took robert gallery down and ripped off his facemask, we'd get to see them battle twice a year!

Leave a comment:

• jletourneau
    replied
    agreed

Originally posted by dbdom
    if you mean he would be a 3-4 DE, no chance, hes listed as 272 pounds, not enough to hold it up there, plus pass rush ability from DE's in 3-4 is not required, they just need to take up double teams for the linebackers to make the plays and on NFL.com hes listed as running a 4.77 in the 40, i dont think thats really fast enough for a 3-4 OLB either, if we wanted a 3-4 pass rushing OLB, then we would look at demarcus ware or shawn merriman but ware is more likely to be available at our pick
    IMO, Roth would be a very good pass rushing DE from a 4-3, but if we are looking for a pass rushing OLB for a 3-4 Ware would be a pleasant surprise. The best comparison I heard was Mel Kiper describe Ware in a chat as VERY similar to Peter Boulware.

Leave a comment:

• dbdom
    replied
    Originally posted by Tatortot
    Matt Roth from Iowa is a stud at defensive end. He has magnificant speed to reach the QB but also has the strength to stop the run. He would be a very good fit if we were to start the 3-4.

Leave a comment:

• Tatortot
    started a topic Roth?

Roth?

Matt Roth from Iowa is a stud at defensive end. He has magnificant speed to reach the QB but also has the strength to stop the run. He would be a very good fit if we were to start the 3-4.
Working...
X