X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack Luminous
    I say sign him. He had his best year as a pro with Plummer. Maybe they have some Karma together or something.

That is, unless someone lese offerres him a long term deal. I would not do that.

But if he can be had with an incentive-laden, one year contract...all the better.
    Man....... jake to DAVID.............

Jake to Rod.............

Jake to Ashley.........

I like it.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied
    Boston?

--- what's the latest on Boston? --- has he been in re-hab? --- working out with Cris Carter? --- June is just around the corner --- az

Leave a comment:

• VanillaGorilla
    replied
    Boston has so much potential, but he's never been anything but a disappointment. If he could get his sh** together, it would be great to see him in Denver.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied
    you got merged, rc

Originally posted by rcsodak

Weird....
    --- Boston Bio --- Born Aug. 19, 1978 in Humble, Texas…Greater Houston prep player-of-the-year in 1995 … won numerous all-America honors in both football and basketball at Humble High School … all-Texas first-team pick as a free safety, adding second-team honors as a receiver … two-time all-district choice … as a two-way prep star, posted 88 tackles with nine interceptions and caught 51 passes for 780 yards with eight touchdowns while averaging 23.2 yards per kickoff return and17.1 yards per punt return as a senior … second team all-Texas selection in basketball, leading his squad to the state’s “Final Four” in 1996 …earned all-tournament accolades … also lettered in track … won the district title in the 300-meter intermediate hurdles … lettered three times in football and basketball and twice in track and field …sociology major at Ohio State … asked in Ohio State game program to name the player he had competed against who he admired most, Boston responded, “Jake Plummer” … sent an open letter to Ohio State fans in a Columbus newspaper explaining his decision to turn pro and thanking them for their support … father, Byron, officiated in the Southwest Conference and World League and is now in his eighth year as a line judge in the National Football League … father has worked two NFC championship games and Super Bowl XXXIV … mother, Carolyn, is president and chief executive officer of Boston Sports Enterprises, Inc. … older brother, Byron Jr., who played football at Sam Houston State, is a Dallas policeman specializing in crime unit that investigates drug complaints in high-crime areas of Dallas … sister, Alicia, is a Dallas attorney who collaborated in negotiating Boston’s first NFL contract. --- source --- NFL.com ( maybe David can turn around with some help and guidance from family and friends) --- az
    Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 03-12-2005, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    What happened to my thread?
    I initially started it in Free Agency forum, then I see it was 'moved' FROM Gen Discuss..........

...not to mention, the name of the thread isn't even the same......

Weird....
    Last edited by rcsodak; 03-11-2005, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ydave77
    replied
    Sorry Jav. A little yellow journalism. Anyways looks like my info was wrong anyways. He is still out there. Continue to BE AFRAID.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by ydave77
    Just an update for everyone. No more should we or shouldnt we. Boston has signed with the 9ers. Not gonna come to the broncs. I still think we could use another receiver to bolster our corps, unless Watts makes a leap to being a big time receiver, or lelie evolves into more than just a deep threat. But I guess I am glad Boston didnt come to us. The last thing we needed was a clubhouse cancer. I like the way the broncs seem to be focusing more on hi character guys now-a-days. We dont need more Dale Carters or Daryl Gardners.

EDIT:Uh-Oh
    False Alarm

The story that Boston is heading to San Fran appears on 49ersnews.com. Now, a league source tells us that the 49ers have not signed -- and do not intend to sign -- free-agent receiver David Boston.

I read on profootballtalk that boston signed. But they just put up a correction that it is in fact not true. So I guess he is still out there, and available.
    Man, the title of your thread scared me. I was afraid the Broncos royally screwed the pooch and signed Boston. Whew!

Leave a comment:

• ydave77
    replied
    Uh-Oh
    False Alarm

"The story that Boston is heading to San Fran appears on 49ersnews.com. Now, a league source tells us that the 49ers have not signed -- and do not intend to sign -- free-agent receiver David Boston."

I read on profootballtalk that boston signed. But they just put up a correction that it is in fact not true. So I guess he is still out there.

Leave a comment:

• ydave77
    replied
    Its cool Deuce, I think you are the one that directed me to nflpa.org, when I had some salary questions. Thanks for that. As for getting gardner, I dont know I live i DC right now. He is kind of a punk. On top of that in the last 4 yrs he has had only one 1,000 yd season. The only thing is I live in DC I have watched him and at least he will go across the middle.

Leave a comment:

• broncosfan247
    replied
    thats fine by me. I still think Denver should trade Jeb now to the Jets for their 3rd round pick and then trade that pick to the Skins for Rod Gardner.

With 3 solid wide receivers and 6 lineman blocking (5 + Carswell). Bell could have a killer season.

Leave a comment:

• ydave77
    replied
    Originally posted by DeuceOfClub
    Why Dave, Why??? (77)

??? just making a play on my handle...or do you have a question?

Leave a comment:

• ydave77
    replied
    David Boston Signed

Just an update for everyone. No more should we or shouldnt we. Boston has signed with the 9ers. Not gonna come to the broncs. I still think we could use another receiver to bolster our corps, unless Watts makes a leap to being a big time receiver, or lelie evolves into more than just a deep threat. But I guess I am glad Boston didnt come to us. The last thing we needed was a clubhouse cancer. I like the way the broncs seem to be focusing more on hi character guys now-a-days. We dont need more Dale Carters or Daryl Gardners.

EDIT:Uh-Oh
    False Alarm

"The story that Boston is heading to San Fran appears on 49ersnews.com. Now, a league source tells us that the 49ers have not signed -- and do not intend to sign -- free-agent receiver David Boston." PFT

I read on profootballtalk that boston signed. But they just put up a correction that it is in fact not true. So I guess he is still out there, and available.
    Last edited by ydave77; 03-10-2005, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied
    --- sign boston ? ---

--- we all know boston's history --- i believe the fins cut him to avoid paying him --- i have seen boston get open deep and sideline routes and just punish DBs --- he was especially adept at clutch catches in the end zone --- the cards let him walk into FA the same day as Jake --- since then he had to deal w/martyball and then he got injured at miami --- i am on the fence with this one only because Jake backed him at the press conference --- it makes me wonder why would Jake do that ? --- Jake knows all the baggage that will come with boston --- as far as a locker room disruption goes, pro players deal with that in thier own way and most of them only care about winning --- TO, Chad, Shockey, etc. all make a lot of noise however thier team-mates do not seem to mind the big plays --- has Jake stayed in touch with boston ? --- boston has great hands and speed and every time he gets a touch, he has big play potential --- his mom is one of the nicest ladies and his dad is/was an NFL zebra --- i'm not buying the notion that Jake will keep him in check --- only david can turn david around --- if boston gets some help from family, friends, and professional care --- and the Broncos can do a one year league minimum w/incentives --- and Jake is still backing him up --- sign him --- if he acts up in camp --- cut him !!!

Leave a comment:

• OrangeShadow
    replied
    Hes prolly cheap and has played with jake before. why not

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Miami is going to resign him when his knee is healed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X