O-line help needed please apply!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-line help needed please apply!

Is it possible that denver has the power to move up to get Mike Williams and still draft 3 o- linemen in this darft. That we will have to wait and see. We all no that in 06 our o-line will have a different look. So dratig great o-linemen will be a key to having a succesful draft.We have several optons my first pick would be the big OT from Wahington Kalif Barnes reminds a lot of people of foster. He would be the starting left tackle in o6 this would give him 1 year to learn toh playbook. Also Brown,Bass and the guy from Utah would be good guards.

Secondary couldwas wecould use 2 saftys from the drat my preferences would be Shazor, Bullock(Neb), Polle(OU),Jackson(UOF M) . Brandon is only a specials team player, but i do like Chris Young he will be our next SS after LYnch. :

Originally posted by bigshoot
    Is it possible that denver has the power to move up to get Mike Williams and still draft 3 o- linemen in this darft. That we will have to wait and see. We all no that in 06 our o-line will have a different look. So dratig great o-linemen will be a key to having a succesful draft.We have several optons my first pick would be the big OT from Wahington Kalif Barnes reminds a lot of people of foster. He would be the starting left tackle in o6 this would give him 1 year to learn toh playbook. Also Brown,Bass and the guy from Utah would be good guards.

Secondary couldwas wecould use 2 saftys from the drat my preferences would be Shazor, Bullock(Neb), Polle(OU),Jackson(UOF M) . Brandon is only a specials team player, but i do like Chris Young he will be our next SS after LYnch. :
    I'll be the first to chime in BigShoot; good question.

No; the only way we can get Mike Williams is to trade our first rounder this year, the first rounder next year and either a player or more conditional picks. We're so short on picks already; we don't have what it takes to trade up into the top ten, (where I see Williams being drafted). As of right now; we have a first, second, sixth and seventh round choices.

We lost our third due to salary cap violations; but we should be getting one back due to compensation for Ian Gold and Bertrand Berry; it'll be at the end of the third round.

We traded a fourth rounder to Cleveland for Gerrard Warren.

A fifth rounder was traded to Atlanta for Ellis Johnson earlier in the season.

We're running low on picks and that's why I see Denver dishing away Pryce; to move up into the first round or to aquire more picks to feel our most pressing needs.

I think we're going Defensive Line in the first round and Offensive Line in the second round; I think this draft is loaded with Offensive Line depth but there are only a few safe bets in the first two rounds. In a previous thread I posted this.

"Chris Spencer as the most obvious and best pick for us in the second round if he's still there, (I believe he is and when it's time to post my two-round mock draft; you'll see that Chris Spencer is our man in the second round).

I'm certain that this is Nalen's last year in Denver; I think his best days are behind him and he will retire from football after this year. I think we signed Hamilton semi-long term so he can take after Nalen as soon as he retires. Lepsis got his extention and I'm fairly certain he'll be our LT for some time now. George Foster is probably one of the best things to happen to Denver in the past drafts; I really like this guy and I think he's an indication we're moving towards a beefier line; so we're secure at RT. Pending on whether we sign Carlisle or not; after next year we're going to have two big holes at our guard spots on our offensive line.

LT: Lepsis -- C: Hamilton -- RT: Foster

Look at it this way; out of Carlisle, Alexander, Clabo and Stuber -- are there two that are suited to play guard at all? I'm not sure; Carlisle look mighty impressive and if we re-sign him for a cheap long term deal; I'd be more than happy to have him play RG; but I don't think Alexander, Clabo or Stuber could be sufficient enough to be a starting LG or even decent backups in the NFL. That's why I'm so adimate about drafting Chris Spencer; all he needs is a little grooming for one year like we did with Foster and he'll be fine. He can play either center or guard and with Hamilton being able to do the same; it shouldn't matter were we place Spencer because he can flat out play anyways. Bringing in Chris Spencer would make our line a lot better."

I agree with you on Barnes; he'd make a great tackle; but I think that guard is our most pressing need since we have Lepsis in for the long term and Foster is solid at RT. Jamaal Brown would be another great tackle as well. I'm not sure if either could play guard but if they could; I'm all for drafting them. Brown, Barners and Spencer are the top three lineman I hope we go after. You're definitely onto something the the "grooming" of Barnes; very similar to what we did with Foster and it seems like it's going to work out well.

We don't have any guards for next year and drafting Chris Spencer would be a great move for us. He can play Center or Guard so that leaves options for Hamilton wide open and he'd really benefit us. Any of the other guys you mentioned would be decent fits as well.

Comment

We don't have Lepsis long term. His contract voids next offseason and he will become a Free Agent. George Foster was drafted to be a LT, and he wants to be a LT. Thus, he will probably scoot over next season to replace Lepsis leaving a hole at RT.

After Kareem McKenzie, an average RT, got a ridiculous contract from the Giants, it's obvious that we will not want to address RT in Free Agency next offseason. Thus, this draft and, in particular, the first two rounds of this draft are the best/cheapest chance to address RT. Which would also address our OG problem for this season. That being said, I still only believe Brown or Barnes fit the Denver scheme. They are both certain first round picks before 25.

If we trade up in the first, I think its for Jammal Brown or Khalif Barnes. If we want a DE, just stay at 25 and take a chance on any of the players. Shaun Cody is not as important for us if we stay in a 4-3 because we traded for Warren, he would be the only DT to move up for. If we plan on going 3-4, and we don't get Bryan Robinson in FA, then Shaun Cody gains a little more importance, but Antajj Hawthorne can likely be as an effective 3-4 DE. Outside of Marcus Spears and Erasmus James, I'm not sure there is a DE to move up for. The talent differential is not that great between the pack. WR Troy Williamson would be the other guy I could see us trading up for. But in that scenario, Mark Bradley and Roddy White would likely be available at 25 and are almost twin copies of Williamson.

I feel much better addressing D-line in the 2nd round where I think value v. risk is more inline. There should be plenty of prospects hanging around when we pick. Trading Pryce and exchanging picks in the second round is not a bad idea either. The 2nd round is too early for OGs, the WR pool starts to fade out, but the safeties look good here. I'm not sure we need one, but if we feel we do, this is the spot to grab one.

Third round looks like OG depth to me. Perhaps Colquitt (P) if he's still around.

Comment

is dan neil drawing much attention in free agency..? all indications are that pryce is leaving how can we nto gte him back in?
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy
          is dan neil drawing much attention in free agency..? all indications are that pryce is leaving how can we nto gte him back in?
          The Lions are looking at him really hard.

Comment

i always liked neil i would hope we would be able to get him back if not good luck to neil
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
            X