Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pierce

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    Great reminder. I suppose remembering the purpose for which Pierce was drafted qualifies the pick, but since we have him on our roster and used up a 2nd round selection on him, we should have found a spot for him to play by now.
    I do very much agree with you that we NEED to find a way to get him on the field more often, hopefully that will happen this year.

Comment

Great reminder. I suppose remembering the purpose for which Pierce was drafted qualifies the pick, but since we have him on our roster and used up a 2nd round selection on him, we should have found a spot for him to play by now.
      If remember correctly he was in competition to start on the strongside but he and Sykes were both hurt, so job went to Spragan.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

This is one of the main reasons that I dislike the Gold signing (plus all the cost). Pierce is starting capable in my opinion. I know we haven't seen all that much from him, but he must be decent if he has stayed as long as we have had him and was picked in 2nd round. I think that Williams will move inside and sometimes play outside. When he is inside Chucky or Jashon will come in, and when he is outside Pierce or Chucky will play. It gives us the ability to be very versatile as we have 6 potential starters on our Linebacker Corp.
        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Pierce

ability and impact wise, Pierce reminds me a little of Edgerton Hartwell. Who has become a solid aggressor as he has gotten his snaps. Will probably never be a big playmaker, but very solid and aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
            ability and impact wise, Pierce reminds me a little of Edgerton Hartwell. Who has become a solid aggressor as he has gotten his snaps. Will probably never be a big playmaker, but very solid and aggressive.

Hopefully Pierce can become that good. Edge is a solid player and I think one of the better 3-4 inside linebackers in the league, he isn't overally fast, but he doesn't need to be. He just needs to flow to the ball between the tackles, that is a inside lbs job in 3-4
            Bronco fan from Packer Land.
            Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Mug, which robinson did cinci sign?
              Bryon from Miami?
              I couldn't find anything on this, and know that denver's been interested in him.
              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                Mug, which robinson did cinci sign?
                Bryon from Miami?
                I couldn't find anything on this, and know that denver's been interested in him.
                Yeah. We lost out in the bidding. He would have been a good spot starter/solid depth player.

http://www.bengals.com/

Comment

Pierce is an ILB

When Pierce was drafted, he was drafted as an ILB. His speed was surprizing, but is no where near Williams or Gold. Pierce and Wilson will form an excellent ILB pair in the 3-4 defense. As a part of depth, Pierce can play ILB or OLB, but is better inside. He does contribute on special teams. It never hurts to be real deep at the LB spots. That is the strength of the defense right now.

Comment

D.J. will be a force at any position in the LB corps. He's a pure athlete. He's 251 lbs which is plenty big to play OLB in the 3-4. When Suggs Came outta college he only weighed like 255 that's why they wanted him as OLB and not a DE. D.J is much faster than pierce and IMO the guys on the outside really have to have speed to blitz and cover. Joey Porter is one of the best OLBs in the 3-4 and he's not that big. You don't neccesarily need big LBs or "tweener" DE/OLBs just athletic LBs that run down every play - D.J. is one of those guys.

Comment

In a 3-4, there is absolutely zero doubt Williams moves inside with Wilson. Zero. Gold can only play outside and Williams is not big enough to line up as a downlineman at the other OLB spot. Terry Pierce, once again, is a backup. That draft pick looks completely wasted for a high 2nd rounder.
                      i aggree about the whole thing on peirce i hear peoppe talking all the time that we should move williams to the other side but i think if we are gonna put our best players on the field i think that since williams has expirence playing it .. and that the two fore amentioned people that would be our best opp to get our best 11 guys on...
                      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                      While he sits by his hearth at home.
                      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        I read Williams doing both because of his versitility. Right now I'm inclined think he will be the outside and here's why. There are may teams who run a 3-4 and small outside linebacker. The Steelers have had guys like Lloyd and Greene who never lined up in three point stand. LT one the the best linebacker to every play the game never lined up in three point stance. Cornelius Bennett when he was with the Bills the same thing. Even in 3-4 the DE line up over the tackle so its not like he Williams would be made up on OT. Also I believe has the not only the speed to stay with a TE but also the strength to fight him off at the line. Whether we go to the 3-4 as the base or not Coyer and Shanahan both feel that Pierce has alot of talent. So I think he'll get a crack at being an inside linebacker in a 3-4.
                        i am nto attacking here but you have to look at the differnce in size of lineman from when those guys played .. at that time you never really heard of 6'8330 lbs tackles

Comment

i think most players get a good look at training camp .. maybe the guy just dont have what it takes..? im not saying he does but i think if he had ability they would have gotten him on the field more...

Colorado69
                          Pierce is an ILB

When Pierce was drafted, he was drafted as an ILB. His speed was surprizing, but is no where near Williams or Gold. Pierce and Wilson will form an excellent ILB pair in the 3-4 defense. As a part of depth, Pierce can play ILB or OLB, but is better inside. He does contribute on special teams. It never hurts to be real deep at the LB spots. That is the strength of the defense right now.

in many draft things i read about the guy he was constantly knocked due to his lack of speed...i think if he had any sort of speed he would have beaten spragehn for the other backer position
                          Last edited by Broncosinindy; 03-14-2005, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X