Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We could get a really good pick-up out of the free agency!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by KnightOLB53
    What if are 1st round DT/DE blows out his knee or is not even good in training camp and just was a big fluke in college. Then what do we do?

We move on. But it might take a couple of years for him to develope so would be no reason give up if after one season he hadn't done well.

Leave a comment:

• Elway Jr.
    replied
    Ok OK

Ok guys so I was wrong about Law and I did;nt know what the salary cap was.

Leave a comment:

• KnightOLB53
    replied
    What if are 1st round DT/DE blows out his knee or is not even good in training camp and just was a big fluke in college. Then what do we do?

Leave a comment:

• bornbroncofan
    replied
    Watch out man, guys on this board will jump all over you for a repetitive post like this. It's amazing what some of these guys worry about but you have to be careful because they'll eat you alive.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Elway Jr.
    There are all sorts of guys floating around looking for a team. Let's get a few to stop in Denver, CO. Like today Jeff Garcia got signed by the Lions. We could have used a guy like Garcia. Despite his lack of staying in the pocket. I would rather have him taking the snaps rather than Mr.Interception Jake "The Snake" Plummer. Like Ty Law yeah of course he's not what he used to be. But he could help Champ and Lynch quite a bit.
    Even if we had signed Garcia his role would have been as back up sorry. Also Ty Law isn't worth the effort, and no I don't think he could help Champ. If memory serves me correctly Law didn't play all year anyway so we wouldn't know how he would adapt to the reemphasis on the 5 yard rule. My guess is he would struggle as much if not more than some because his forte was to be physical at the line and to mug receiver even beyond the 5 yard mark. Also his getting far enough up there in age I wouldn't want him anyway.

Leave a comment:

• vicious2500
    replied
    Originally posted by Elway Jr.
    There are all sorts of guys floating around looking for a team. Let's get a few to stop in Denver, CO. Like today Jeff Garcia got signed by the Lions. We could have used a guy like Garcia. Despite his lack of staying in the pocket. I would rather have him taking the snaps rather than Mr.Interception Jake "The Snake" Plummer. Like Ty Law yeah of course he's not what he used to be. But he could help Champ and Lynch quite a bit.
    There's something called the salary cap kid and we're basically riding the median on it and have NO CAP SPACE to sign 1st tier FA's. Ty Law is old and washed up anyway and he's going to have to adjust to the new rules wherever he goes. He's going to draw alot of yellow flags. What we need is a pass rushing DE like Demarcus Ware from the draft he's an OLB/DE tweener.

Leave a comment:

• We could get a really good pick-up out of the free agency!

Working...
X