• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad for 'Coop, good for Denver...™
    This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by Falc_15
      CARLISLE RENEGES ON DEAL

A day after agreeing to two-year contract with the Ravens, offensive lineman Cooper Carlisle backed out of the arrangement.

The agent representing Carlisle, who was going to be the Ravens’ first lineman off the bench, notified the Ravens Tuesday that he will re-sign with the Denver Broncos.

Carlisle had played for Denver the first four years of his career and started four games in 2004.

link
      Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by brom66an6
        Good, I know a lot of people on here didn't care if he resigned with us but I think he can do good.
        I sure did, i couldn't beileve we almost let him walk...

Comment

Originally posted by bornbroncofan
          Thats good for us, but bad for cooper's character.
          How is that bad for his character? He didn't sign the deal so not legally bound. Also if that is true, then what does this say about Sharpes character? He had contract told Shanahan he was coming back and then just before the draft jumped ship to go to work for CBS.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

T.O. last year ... Now Cooper? LOL- Screw the Ravens
            2007 Season- Allllll Readddddy!!!!! #27

Comment

I wonder if this had any coincidences with two big events occuring over the last several days. The first being Orlando Pace signing with the Rams and spurning the Texans, almost guaranteeing the Texans take Jammal Brown now. The second being that Alex Barron had a mind-blowing Pro Day and now looks like a truly legit top 10 pick franchise LT.

It's going to be very unlikely now that Barron, Brown, and Barnes (the big three) will be around past pick 15 in this draft. And with those two events occuring, it almost became definitive that Denver had no shot at any of them. Carlisle, as a swingman who can play OT, became extremely important for that versatility moreso then as a mere OG.

Comment

Cooper Carlisle Says NO To Ravens! Re-signs with BRONCOS

Here's the Link.

Scroll down to "Backtrack"

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...628199,00.html

Also says we want to re-sign Jason Baker.... Someone in the organization is smoking with Ricky Williams cause that is a pretty dumb move.

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Comment

Not a bad move. We definitely need depth on the O-Line and Carlisle brings versatility in that he can play both OG and OT. I'm still not comfortable with him as an every down starter, but maybe he'll step his game up before camp.

As far as Jason Baker goes all I can say is WTF??????

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                    I wonder if this had any coincidences with two big events occuring over the last several days. The first being Orlando Pace signing with the Rams and spurning the Texans, almost guaranteeing the Texans take Jammal Brown now. The second being that Alex Barron had a mind-blowing Pro Day and now looks like a truly legit top 10 pick franchise LT.

It's going to be very unlikely now that Barron, Brown, and Barnes (the big three) will be around past pick 15 in this draft. And with those two events occuring, it almost became definitive that Denver had no shot at any of them. Carlisle, as a swingman who can play OT, became extremely important for that versatility moreso then as a mere OG.
                    Great insight if it's true! I thought you were pushing for the Broncos to go DL with the first round.

Comment

Carlisle Back

Thursday, March 17, 2005 - The Denver Broncos' Cooper CarlisleThe Broncos retained an offensive lineman, but might have lost a cornerback. Guard Cooper Carlisle - who three days ago agreed to terms with the Baltimore Ravens - reversed his field and agreed to a two-year, $2 million deal with the Broncos, which includes a $500,000 signing bonus.
                      Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by Bokyong
                        Here's the Link.

Scroll down to "Backtrack"

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...628199,00.html

thought i posted something on that hmm

Comment

I think Carlisle stayed because in Baltimore he was told he would be a backup. Shanny told him he would compete for starting right guard next year with P.J. Alexander. I completely understand his decision not to sign with Baltimore. Chance at starting - or guaranteed backup. Not to mention, who would want to live in Baltimore? It is the armpit of the east coast - no offense to folks who live there but it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                            I think Carlisle stayed because in Baltimore he was told he would be a backup. Shanny told him he would compete for starting right guard next year with P.J. Alexander. I completely understand his decision not to sign with Baltimore. Chance at starting - or guaranteed backup. Not to mention, who would want to live in Baltimore? It is the armpit of the east coast - no offense to folks who live there but it's true.
                            I'm glad Carlisle will remain a Bronco, but I can think of worse places to live on the east coast than Baltimore...™
                            This space for rent

Comment

Working...
                            X