Sign this guy to play LB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign this guy to play LB

Sione Luaki, a rugby player from New Zealand...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,...5a1823,00.html

A better option would be Jerry Collins. Without a doubt the hardest tackler I've ever seen.

http://www.allblacks.com/index.cfm?l...&playerID=1109

I've always wondered if Collins could play NFL, he has the size; 235 pounds and 6 ft 2 inches

Some of my friends played representative rugby with him at high school, when he was 13 he was smashing 18 year olds in tackles!

He would be fairly cheap too!
    kiwi Bronco fan

Thats an interesting idea rugby players are straight crazy.
    BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
    IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by bornbroncofan
      rugby players are straight crazy.
      Hell yea they are.

Those guys might make great Special Teams gunners and pass rushing LB's.

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
        Hell yea they are.

Those guys might make great Special Teams gunners and pass rushing LB's.
        Yeah, but I don't think we can get them to wear helmets, and writing that stipulation into the contract must conflict with some part of the collective bargaining agreement.

Comment

i play rugby for arizona state university, and flackers and linebackers are pretty much the same position. but i bet this guy is to slow to play in the nfl
          if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
            Yeah, but I don't think we can get them to wear helmets, and writing that stipulation into the contract must conflict with some part of the collective bargaining agreement.
            Yea no kidding. I had a teacher in High School that used to be a rugby star over seas and he had a grip that could crush a coconut. He used to talk about how soft NFL players were because they were covered up. I would love to see a great rugby player take a shot at the NFL.

Comment

235 is not that big. im in the uk but even i must admit that rugby players are nowhere near the atheletes that football players are.

they are too slow and not strong enough.

you claim he is the best rugby player suited to the NFL?

would he take shots from ray lewis and arrington/kearse/porter/wilson/etc...... every week and keep going.....i think not

would he pass protect against DL...errrrr no

he would get RUN OVER in the nfl

RUGBY IS NOT PHYSICAL ENOUGH TO WEAR PADDING

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                235 is not that big. im in the uk but even i must admit that rugby players are nowhere near the atheletes that football players are.

would he take shots from ray lewis and arrington/kearse/porter/wilson/etc...... every week and keep going.....i think not

Agreed. It may look like there are more hits in rugby, but in the NFL, you have to consider all of the lineman who take beatings every play, every game, every week. Because in rugby, the only hits are hard looking hits, but they are probably soft hits. IDK, just my opinion.
                sigpic

Comment

There have been a couple of English rugby players that have tried American Football by getting involved in the old World League, Martin Offiah & Ellery Hanley spring to mind, and neither stuck with it.

Having played both, I'd say that Football is more physically demanding, with the exception that rugby is more constant action, an dno unlimited substitions.
                  The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                  BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                  You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

there is no game more physically demanding than rugby, if your tough enough to play on the pitch then u can play any game. toughness is not even a question when considering if a rugby player could play in the nfl and anyone that thinks different has never played rugby.
                    if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

Comment

It might be true that England players are slow (apart from Jason "twinkletoes hopeless captain" Robinson) but Wales have some of the fastest backs in the world and by the end of this afternoon hopefully we'll not only be 6 nations champions but also Grand Slam winners for going unbeaten throughout!
                      Wales 11 England 9!
                      Last edited by ; 03-19-2005, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by welshbronco
                        It might be true that England players are slow but Wales have some of the fastest backs in the world and by the end of this afternoon hopefully we'll not only be 6 nations champions but also Grand Slam winners for going unbeaten throughout!
                        Wales 11 England 9!
                        im not a rugby fan but the scotland-wales game last week was awesome
                        Scotland will win the six nations next year

^ Created by SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Falc_15
                          im not a rugby fan but the scotland-wales game last week was awesome
                          Scotland will win the six nations next year
                          Although Scotland's performance in the 1st half against Wales was dire last week I think over all they are showing signs of moving in the right direction. Champions year after next perhaps?

Comment

Although Scotland's performance in the 1st half against Wales was dire last week I think over all they are showing signs of moving in the right direction. Champions year after next perhaps?
                            Perhaps

^ Created by SNK16

Comment

Congratualtions on winning the Six Nations (Damn, that STILL doesn't sound right), and completing the Grand Slam. Suprising, but worthy champions.

I was taught, a long long time ago to play rugby by one of Wales' all time greats, JPR Willliams. I just fell out of love with the game when I had my knee torn up, so I've got to admit that until a couple of year's back I'd not really followed it. All the injuries & retirements have really hurt England this year, naybe we used up all our luck down under
                              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Working...
                              X