• Show
Clear All

• Herndon to the Seahawks

Are we keeping or letting Herndon go?

Probably letting him go. Walls will likely be the #2 CB next season...™
    This space for rent

Comment

K. Herndon

He's drawn lots of interest around the league and made a number of visits. I believe he was in Seattle today, but that will probably depend on whether the Seahawks obtain P. Surtain. Atlanta is said to be close to proposing an offer sheet. Lots of buzz so far about Herndon, but very little action.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
        He's drawn lots of interest around the league and made a number of visits. I believe he was in Seattle today, but that will probably depend on whether the Seahawks obtain P. Surtain. Atlanta is said to be close to proposing an offer sheet. Lots of buzz so far about Herndon, but very little action.
        no ones gonna pick him up he has a first found tender on him

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer2411
          no ones gonna pick him up he has a first found tender on him
          Do you mean a first round? If you do, then I hope that the Seahawks offer him a contract because then we would get a higher draft pick then ours.
          sigpic

Comment

Lenny Walls got the first round tender, if some team signs KHerndon, they do not owe us anything.

Comment

I doubt Herndon's going anywhere until after the draft. There are a lot of decent corners this year both in FA and in the draft. Once the draft is over and all the "big name" FA corners are signed, any team that fell short will probably come after him. With how low we tendered him, I don't think Shanny really has too much interest in keeping him.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                I doubt Herndon's going anywhere until after the draft. There are a lot of decent corners this year both in FA and in the draft. Once the draft is over and all the "big name" FA corners are signed, any team that fell short will probably come after him. With how low we tendered him, I don't think Shanny really has too much interest in keeping him.
                I'm fairly certain there is a RFA signing period and that it ends before the draft.

Comment

Herndon to the Seahawks

Well its not like we didn't see this comin. Kelly Herndon signed a offer to the seahawks today with a contract that we better not match. Here is the story from espn.

The Seattle Seahawks hope they have filled their second most important defensive need Wednesday by reaching a five-year, $15 million deal with Broncos cornerback Kelly Herndon that includes a $4.5 million signing bonus.

The reason that they can only hope to fill the need is they have to wait seven days to see if they get the Denver Broncos cornerback. Herndon is a restricted free agent even though he doesn't require any draft compensation from the Seahawks. The Broncos have seven days to match the offer or let him go to the Seahawks.

Herndon played 99 percent of the Broncos' defensive snaps last season even though he was projected to be the No. 3 cornerback behind Champ Bailey and Lenny Walls. According to Stats Inc., Herndon led the league with 23 passes defensed and had only 51 percent of the passes thrown in his direction completed.

Though he would have liked to remain with the Broncos, Herndon was tempted by the Seattle situation because he would clearly have the chance to start.

The Seahawks needed to find a cornerback replacement after Ken Lucas signed a six-year, $37 million deal with Carolina two weeks ago. After considering Andre Dyson of the Titans and a couple of other possibilities such as Dolphins cornerback Patrick Surtain, the Seahawks focused on Herndon on Monday and Tuesday.

Last week, Broncos restricted tight end Jeb Putzier signed a five-year, $12.5 million with the Jets, but the Broncos matched after seven days. That put a further strain on a tight salary cap.

Herndon was an undrafted rookie for the 49ers in 1999. He has also been with the Giants and Broncos. The Broncos signed him in 2001 and ended up being a starter by 2003.

The 5-foot-10, 180-pound Herndon went to Toledo.

The Broncos face an interesting decision involving Herndon. They could match the offer on Herndon and remove the first-round tender from starting cornerback Lenny Walls. Or the Broncos can keep Walls and let Herndon go.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Comment

I like Herndon and I want to see him back here but not for that much.
                    Smith's First Catch
                    "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

Dang really going to miss Kelly. But I knew that anyway.

Walls is our ProBowl man this year. Walls will make the Pro Bowl.
                      Emancipate your mind!
                      The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by brom66an6
                        I like Herndon and I want to see him back here but not for that much.
                        5 years 15 million is a cheap deal for a cb like him. imo

Comment

Herndon led the league with 23 passes defensed and had only 51 percent of the passes thrown in his direction completed
                          Interesting, hopefully Walls plays well this year.

Comment

"The Broncos face an interesting decision involving Herndon. They could match the offer on Herndon and remove the first-round tender from starting cornerback Lenny Walls. Or the Broncos can keep Walls and let Herndon go."

Why would they have to do that to resign Herndon.
                            A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
                              Interesting, hopefully Walls plays well this year.
                              didnt walls have similar stats the year prior. i believe so.
                              A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Working...
                              X