No announcement yet.

Herndon to the Seahawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Lenny Walls dislocate the same shoulder twice last year? The fact is that shoulder is a liability and once you've dislocated something twice it's very, very easy to dislocate it again. I think it's a mistake to let Herndon go to the 'Hawks because Walls is a big issue because of his health. Boy, Shanahan is really building us into a contender this offseason *sarcasm*

Comment

All,
      As the name implies, I'm a diehard Seahawks fan who admittedly knows very little about Herndon. Sounds like there are mixed opinions on him here so I guess I'll have to see what he can do once he gets here - if he gets here.

It's funny that views on what people are being paid vary so much. After seeing what Ken Lucas got from the Panthers (6 years, $37 million, $14 million to sign), I thought the Herndon deal was pretty cheap. I guess it's all relative. Most non-Seahawk fans saw Lucas last year and think he's a top tier corner but believe me when I tell you he was getting toasted by lesser name guys (like Brandon Lloyd) on a regular basis until last year. This time last year we were all begging for Bobby Taylor to save us from Lucas. Trust me, as much as it would have been nice to keep Lucas, he owes the Panthers some cuddle time.

I too think Dyson would have been a better option but don't be fooled. Dyson will be looking for a pretty payday too. If we end up getting him and he's at least respectable, I'll be fine with it considering his entire five year contract is only slightly more than Lucas' signing bonus.

I kind of miss all the old rivalries in the AFC West. I think we get to play you guys again next season (2006). Anyway, good luck this year.
      SeaChicken
      Practice Squad
      Last edited by SeaChicken; 03-17-2005, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thehoot79
        Didn't Lenny Walls dislocate the same shoulder twice last year? The fact is that shoulder is a liability and once you've dislocated something twice it's very, very easy to dislocate it again. I think it's a mistake to let Herndon go to the 'Hawks because Walls is a big issue because of his health. Boy, Shanahan is really building us into a contender this offseason *sarcasm*
        Walls dislocated the shoulder so many times because he never let it heal properly and he kept rushing back to try and help the team. It has been documented that once seperated shoulders heal they are usually stronger than before the injury. Walls is not a health issue and we will be fine at CB without Kelly Herndon, even though he would have been a nice Nickel Back.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaChicken
          All,
          As the name implies, I'm a diehard Seahawks fan who admittedly knows very little about Herndon. Sounds like there are mixed opinions on him here so I guess I'll have to see what he can do once he gets here - if he gets here.

It's funny that views on what people are being paid vary so much. After seeing what Ken Lucas got from the Panthers (6 years, $37 million, $14 million to sign), I thought the Herndon deal was pretty cheap. I guess it's all relative. Most non-Seahawk fans saw Lucas last year and think he's a top tier corner but believe me when I tell you he was getting toasted by lesser name guys (like Brandon Lloyd) on a regular basis until last year. This time last year we were all begging for Bobby Taylor to save us from Lucas. Trust me, as much as it would have been nice to keep Lucas, he owes the Panthers some cuddle time.

I too think Dyson would have been a better option but don't be fooled. Dyson will be looking for a pretty payday too. If we end up getting him and he's at least respectable, I'll be fine with it considering his entire five year contract is only slightly more than Lucas' signing bonus.

I kind of miss all the old rivalries in the AFC West. I think we get to play you guys again next season (2006). Anyway, good luck this year.
          Good luck to you as well SeaChicken, and tell the 'Hawks to beat those damn Rams . Herndon is a solid player and you'll never have to worry about his effort.

Comment

Well looks like LW is going to be the starter, unless we draft a conerback, another defensive starter gone.
            2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeaChicken
              All,

Hey sea chicken . Welcome. I'll tell you one thing about herndon . He will never dog it out there . If he gets beat its because the recceiver beat him outright or a perfect pass was thrown. He is a guy that has played in relative obscurity and limited roles till about two years ago. He's a stand up guy in the community and plays his ass off. You dont have to worry about him . I'll be getting his seahwaks jersey to add to my herndon collection. Cats here get tired of me ranting on about the guy but they dont build em like herndon any more. In this era of greed and lackluster play he's the exception man.
              Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Yeah if we do match this sheet to keep Kelly, it'd be way to much for his level of play. He gets burnt more than toast!

Walls and Bailey in '05
                "Man, I thought this was just a picture or something!"

-John Elway
                As he held the Vince Lombardi trophy in the lockeroom following Super Bowl XXXII

Comment

Originally posted by PokeysLittleDog
                  Yeah if we do match this sheet to keep Kelly, it'd be way to much for his level of play. He gets burnt more than toast!

Walls and Bailey in '05
                  I guess you didn't watch many games this year. Only time Kelly got burnt bad was against Atlanta. Kelly was playing solid while Bailey was getting burnt all day by Chad Johnson, Eddie Kennison, and Jerry Porter

Comment

Originally posted by EMCF
                    Interesting, hopefully Walls plays well this year.
                    With that shoulder injury , that supposedly willl bother him rest of his career. Sorry but i forgot he matches up welll to Randy Moss (Only Broncos fans could consider 150 yards a good job)
                    http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ALELCOFJPHFH/112804gallery-sp10.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Raiderjoe
                      With that shoulder injury , that supposedly willl bother him rest of his career. Sorry but i forgot he matches up welll to Randy Moss (Only Broncos fans could consider 150 yards a good job)
                      I'm a Broncos fan, and I think Walls coverage is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Den45 KC27
                        I guess you didn't watch many games this year. Only time Kelly got burnt bad was against Atlanta. Kelly was playing solid while Bailey was getting burnt all day by Chad Johnson, Eddie Kennison, and Jerry Porter
                        I have to agree probabaly K Herndon was Broncos best CB against the Raiders. L walls and his lack of speed will do wonders aginst a raiders team that will attack the ball down the field. Yea I forgot J Lynch will take some WR head off-a little hard to do when your 10 yards away.
                        http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ALELCOFJPHFH/112804gallery-sp10.jpg

Comment

You might want to amend that, against Oakland he allowed Ronald Curry to catch 6 passes for over 100 yards and a td. Against KC at KC he allowed Sammie Parker the catch 3 passes for 84 yards and td. Against Carolina he allowed Kerry Colbert caught 4 passes for 115 yards and td. That's soild alright.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Should we check Porter's, Kennison's, Johnson's numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
                              It has been documented that once seperated shoulders heal they are usually stronger than before the injury. Walls is not a health issue and we will be fine at CB without Kelly Herndon, even though he would have been a nice Nickel Back.
                              First of all Walls is not a starter, he is a nickel back. Loosing Kelly hurts. I like Lenny and his size, but that really scares me if he becomes our #2 CB.

As far as the whole seperated shoulders are stronger after they heal? Yeah right. Have you ever had a seperated shoulder? Buddy of mine had a seperated shoulder, and its definately not a strong as it was before. Doesnt take much to pop it back out, and this was just while he was playing basketball. When he played football, good hit on the shoulder and it was back out.

Now I understand that these guys have the best of the best when it comes to rehab and medical, but if something seperates or breaks, its never as strong as it was.

Jake "the Fake" Plummer - Shannon Sharpe

Comment

Should we check Porter's, Kennison's, Johnson's numbers?
                                If you that will justify you feel free, but it still doesn't change the facts about Herndon's play.
                                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                                X