We have gone after some FA's BUT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have gone after some FA's BUT....

I know we have persued some FA's this off season and only signed a few. what do you think our chances are at signing Courtney Brown or Tony Williams? or do you think there is a chance we might even be able to sign both?
    sigpic

I think Courtney Brown's are slim. Washington will make a hard sell and probably offer more money. Heck, they even signed Brown's cousin just to help bring him in. I would love to see Brown man the left side of our line, but it just doesn't look like we can hang with the Redskins on this one (why anyone would want to play for Gibbs or Snyder is beyond me, clearly the two cannot function at the level you need for today's game). Tony Williams is more plausible, and if he can return to pre-injury form, would be a big boost to the interior. He likely won't sign anywhere until everyone has a handle on his injury status, but I like our chances with him over Brown, but hey, I'll take them both if we can.

Comment

I am not high on Tony Williams. He's not terrible, hes a 40 tackle, 3-5 sack DT, but he's just a stop gap type.

Comment

i might be wrong but dont the redskins have less money than us?

Comment

Brown's visit

Didn't C. Brown just visit Denver? Does anyone know how it went?

Comment

Originally posted by eabort
            Didn't C. Brown just visit Denver? Does anyone know how it went?
            It went ok. Patterson and Brown have a good relationship and he sold Brown on playing for Denver and reuniting with Gerrard Warren again. Brown liked Denver, but Washington is going to throw the bank at him so they can address WR/CB/TE in round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
              It went ok. Patterson and Brown have a good relationship and he sold Brown on playing for Denver and reuniting with Gerrard Warren again. Brown liked Denver, but Washington is going to throw the bank at him so they can address WR/CB/TE in round 1.
              Thanks for the update! I still think this is a win for us even if Brown signs with Wash because it will mean the DL in the draft will slip one more step and give us a better choice.

Comment

Working...
              X