Its either the redskins or the broncos for C. Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its either the redskins or the broncos for C. Brown

www.prosportsdaily.com sure makes it sound as though its really down to the skins or the broncos for C. Brown. One of his friends is trying to get him to come to the skins but it sounded more like Brown was leaning towards the broncos, because he would have a better shot at being the starter.

I really think brown might be a great fit in denver. The way we have in the past run alot of DL in and out, it might be the best place for brown to be. I am really hoping we get him signed!!!!!!

Originally posted by mikemustgo
    www.prosportsdaily.com sure makes it sound as though its really down to the skins or the broncos for C. Brown. One of his friends is trying to get him to come to the skins but it sounded more like Brown was leaning towards the broncos, because he would have a better shot at being the starter.

I really think brown might be a great fit in denver. The way we have in the past run alot of DL in and out, it might be the best place for brown to be. I am really hoping we get him signed!!!!!!
    Did you READ this article?

"Brown made his first visit with the Denver Broncos on Tuesday and Wednesday. According to a source, Denver -- which has about $1 million under the cap compared with Washington's roughly $2 million -- didn't make a firm offer."

What part of "didn't make a firm offer" is unambiguous? This is actually worse than I thought (not that I would grieve if Denver doesn't sign Brown), but I thought that at least they made a real offer. Apparently, not.

Bronco fans can forget about Brown! If the team didn't even make a firm offer he's not coming here -- unless they up their offer.
    sigpic

Comment

Actually, I find this encouraging.

You can't really make an offer if you don't have the money. We didn't have the money to make an offer until Jake restructured today.

That could be a coinky-dink, or it might not be.

Anywho, now we have the money to make an offer, the Skins have 2 mil, we have 3 mil. Suck on that Snyder.

Let's get this guy!

Comment

brown

after being burned by a number of FA's most of whom we should be thankful we were burned by I really believe we've got to make Brown happen. sure would like to hear the news of a quick weekend signing. the money is there now. make the call Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
          Did you READ this article?

"Brown made his first visit with the Denver Broncos on Tuesday and Wednesday. According to a source, Denver -- which has about $1 million under the cap compared with Washington's roughly $2 million -- didn't make a firm offer."

What part of "didn't make a firm offer" is unambiguous? This is actually worse than I thought (not that I would grieve if Denver doesn't sign Brown), but I thought that at least they made a real offer. Apparently, not.

Bronco fans can forget about Brown! If the team didn't even make a firm offer he's not coming here -- unless they up their offer.
          Umm yeah.... WRONG. The Broncos have about 3 million salary cap room because Jake Plummer restructured his contract AGAIN. So it is up to Broncos brass, whether to keep Herndon, and probably not sign Brown... or sign Brown and let Herndon go.

Comment

Originally posted by ttejuco
            whether to keep Herndon, and probably not sign Brown... or sign Brown and let Herndon go.
            That is a toughy. Im sure majority will want Brown but i believe we have unproven corners. Walls has had his ups and downs with injuries. Willie isn't that bad but i rarely see him play. Lesuer is a rookie. And Alexander will he has enough said about him even though the pressure was to overwhelming. But r D-Line needs all the improvement we can get. I wonder what will happen.
            Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

I'm in the crowd that thinks the team cleared some cap to make a run at Courtney Brown. 3 mil is more than enough cap room to squeeze Brown in and sign our draft picks, and there is always the option of more re-structurings to sign a couple more Free Agents. I think it would be a really good move to take a chance on this kid and let him redeem himself. He has alot of talent, but he was poorly guided in Cleveland and suffered as a result. I think coming to a team like the Broncos would be a good career decision for C. Brown.

Comment

when did Jake restructure????

I haven't seen this. I did pull a double today and haven't had a chance to see anything.

Anyhow Jake would not just restructure for no reason. The Broncos have something in mind.

It could be Brown.

"I drank what?!?"

Comment

Plus the tender for herndon will go off the books soon. That is when we make an offer.
                  http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightOLB53
                    That is a toughy. Im sure majority will want Brown but i believe we have unproven corners. Walls has had his ups and downs with injuries. Willie isn't that bad but i rarely see him play. Lesuer is a rookie. And Alexander will he has enough said about him even though the pressure was to overwhelming. But r D-Line needs all the improvement we can get. I wonder what will happen.
                    I agree with you that this is a tough decision but the choice isnt brown or herdon...the broncos have made it clear the decision they have to make is keep herdon and drop the 1st round tag on walls. so its walls or herdon, my feeling is that walls has the most upside, but injuries are a serious concern. in the end i believe most people think the contract is just too high for herdon and hes really not worth that kind of money, so the broncos will go with walls. There is more information on brown at www.prosportsdaily.com , he left friday from washington and it appears he has canceled trips to any other teams!! champ made a pitch to him as well!! keep your fingers crossed!!!
                    Last edited by mikemustgo; 03-19-2005, 07:47 AM.

Comment

It seems logical to think that the restructuring of Plummer's contract was done to make a run at Brown. But I'm still leary about him considering his health issues.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

In actuality, its more than just the two teams listed......

...Cleveland is also in the running.

They've openly stated that they would like him back, with restructured contract. And he also said that he wouldn't disregard the option of moving to LB with them......
                        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I hope we get c. brown. if he can stay healthy then we will have a very good de. the key is "stay healthy". i think we should let herdnon go. he is asking for too much money. hopefully we will pick one of the cody's on draft day. since brown said he wouldn't mind playing lb, then we could use him there at times too. looks to be very interesting.
                          BRONCOS #1

Comment

Actually, I was wrong. I thought when Brown left Denver without a definite offer that Shanahan had decided not to sign him, but apparently he will decide between the Broncos and Redskins on Monday - and the Broncos restructuring of Plummer's salary was deliberate to try and sign Brown.

Of course, this means if Brown signs Herndon is gone! The team doesn't have enough money to sign BOTH players.

See this Article
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                              Actually, I was wrong. I thought when Brown left Denver without a definite offer that Shanahan had decided not to sign him, but apparently he will decide between the Broncos and Redskins on Monday - and the Broncos restructuring of Plummer's salary was deliberate to try and sign Brown.

Of course, this means if Brown signs Herndon is gone! The team doesn't have enough money to sign BOTH players.

See this Article
                              Again, the brown signing will have nothing to do with herndon!! if they decided to sign herndon then they will take back the 1st round status on walls( which frees up over 1 mil)!! Walls has not signed the offer so it comes off the table and back to the cap!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X